RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By RHCPfan24
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172851

It seems as though the "economic downturn" has hit G4 as well. According to a story on 1up, X-Play has received an unspecified number of layoffs and has its weekly show cut down to 3 a week. Attack of the Show is also cut down to 4, a decrease. Morgan and Adam aren't part of it, but it is most likely a bunch of behind the scenes guys and maybe even some of the "interns."

Like many people, I used to watch X-Play and loved it back in the day. However, it eventually grew to become pretty stupid with all of the "cheats" and choppy viewer discussion segments that really weren't enjoyable or useful. Not to mention G4 overflowed with many mindless ninja shows and "Cheaters" shows.  However, if you have watched X-Play recently, you may have noticed an upswing in quality. In the past few months, I started watching it again and there are more staff opinion sections and comedy segments (the good types), so it is too bad that this event has to happen in the middle of its resurgence.

Take this however you will, but layoffs are certainly not good.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Karmum

I never liked X-Play anyways, wish they would just can that show and get rid of Adam and Morgan.

DevilishSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DevilishSix

All I want to know is if Olivia Munn's sexy ass is still on the show.

bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By bombHills
DevilishSix said:
"

All I want to know is if Olivia Munn's sexy ass is still on the show.

"

first question on my mind too
MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MKHavoc

That's sad to hear.  I actually started liking X-Play a lot more since they started using this new format.  They've been focusing more on exclusive previews and news and moving away from a lot of the segments they used to do.  And by the way Olivia Munn is on Attack of the Show and I think she's still there.

DevilishSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By DevilishSix
MKHavoc said:
"That's sad to hear.  I actually started liking X-Play a lot more since they started using this new format.  They've been focusing more on exclusive previews and news and moving away from a lot of the segments they used to do.  And by the way Olivia Munn is on Attack of the Show and I think she's still there.
"

I know Ms. Munn is on AOTS.....both AOTS and XPlay are being reduced in showings poor week.  I just want to know my sexy Munn is not one of the staffers let go.......because frankly Morgan Webb never did anything for me.......she has man face.
bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bombHills

lol.. butter face!

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By RichardLOlson
Tech tv used to be good with shows like "Call for Help" and shit like that.  But now since it turned to G4, it just turned to shit.  I  miss Leo, he was cool.
GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By GamespotNoMore

thank god!! I love the channel but that show is not funny at all, sessler has more comedic talent...but they are both bad comedically, but they know their stuff..and one of them looks nice and marrieda Rhapsody creator

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImpendingFoil

G4 really needs to rethink their programming if they want to start making some money.  The killed of all the old TechTV stuff and have been in a ratings decline since then.  I know it costs money to make shows but playing Cops for 5 hours a day isn't really going to help drum up some ratings.  They should even consider putting full episodes of AOTS and X-Play up on Hulu or something so that way they can at least getting some online ad revenue.  Also I know that Ninja Warrior and Incredible Banzuke, which they don't show as often anymore, were really loved also by fans.  Perhaps they should consider expanding their count of Japanese game shows, god knows there are enough of them out there.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Unfortunately the economical crisis has already caused millions of job losses around the world (specially US ) and things are gonna get worse before getting any better . On the other hand in 2009's second half things will settle down a bit .

I personally hope Giant Bomb could manage to pass through this tough period without a major problem

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24
daniel_beck_90 said:
I personally hope Giant Bomb could manage to pass through this tough period without a major problem
I believe Jeff and the crew are keeping their workforce small for these reasons, so there is a lesser chance of going under and everyone that works for them knows what they are in for. Yeah, I think they will do just fine.
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By daniel_beck_90
RHCPfan24 said:
"daniel_beck_90 said:
I believe Jeff and the crew are keeping their workforce small for these reasons, so there is a lesser chance of going under and everyone that works for them knows what they are in for. Yeah, I think they will do just fine.
"
  I really hope so , but this lack of ads is killing me
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RHCPfan24
daniel_beck_90 said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"daniel_beck_90 said:
"
"
If it makes them money, I don't mind them, especially the non-obtrusive Gears 2 promos that were around the site a while back. It is almost as though they are too friendly to us ;)
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By daniel_beck_90
RHCPfan24 said:
"daniel_beck_90 said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"daniel_beck_90 said:
"
"
If it makes them money, I don't mind them, especially the non-obtrusive Gears 2 promos that were around the site a while back. It is almost as though they are too friendly to us ;)
"
  I just hope this amazing website remains as impressive as it is
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By penguindust

Attack of the Show and X-Play are the only things worth watching on the entire network these days.  I'm actually a fan of AOTS and enjoy its silly sense of humor mixed with geekdom.  But, what they are experiencing now is nothing new.  Both shows have gone through periods where the number of episodes they produced weekly was lowered.  There was a long period of time where AOTS was on 4 days a week with a "best of" show on Fridays, and X-Play was only airing 2 new shows per week.  I'm sure the network will expand their episode numbers during E3 and then again in the fall as we approach the holiday season.

If they dump AOTS and X-Play, they will turn into SpikeTV which I never watch.  Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen an entire episode of any show on that network.