Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Brad
Trippy, bro.
Trippy, bro.
Microsoft and its third-party affiliates are perhaps feeling generous this week, with not one but two decent-looking 800-point ($10) titles coming to Xbox Live Arcade.

• Q? Entertainment is delivering Meteos Wars, a two-player port of the Nintendo DS puzzler. Like most people, I enjoyed Meteos way more on the DS when using the touch-screen controls rather than the traditional d-pad-and-button setup. It just seemed much quicker and more efficient to move blocks around with the stylus. So I'm not sure how the controls will work out on the 360, especially with that awful d-pad. On the upside, Wars comes with some new head-to-head multiplayer action.
  • PowerUp Forever is hitting courtesy of Namco Bandai. This is a top-down dual-joystick shooter in the Geometry Wars vein, with a little bit of flOw mixed in. You constantly get bigger and stronger as you shoot enemies--powering up forever, in other words--so monsters that were daunting in one wave will be puny and defenseless in the next. The game has a real psychedelic look to it that changes significantly every time you power up. We saw this one briefly at E3; looked like it could be neat, if you haven't reached your dual-joystick saturation point yet.

Expect both games to appear on Live Arcade in the wee hours of Wednesday morning.
Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Brad
Trippy, bro.
Trippy, bro.
Microsoft and its third-party affiliates are perhaps feeling generous this week, with not one but two decent-looking 800-point ($10) titles coming to Xbox Live Arcade.

• Q? Entertainment is delivering Meteos Wars, a two-player port of the Nintendo DS puzzler. Like most people, I enjoyed Meteos way more on the DS when using the touch-screen controls rather than the traditional d-pad-and-button setup. It just seemed much quicker and more efficient to move blocks around with the stylus. So I'm not sure how the controls will work out on the 360, especially with that awful d-pad. On the upside, Wars comes with some new head-to-head multiplayer action.
  • PowerUp Forever is hitting courtesy of Namco Bandai. This is a top-down dual-joystick shooter in the Geometry Wars vein, with a little bit of flOw mixed in. You constantly get bigger and stronger as you shoot enemies--powering up forever, in other words--so monsters that were daunting in one wave will be puny and defenseless in the next. The game has a real psychedelic look to it that changes significantly every time you power up. We saw this one briefly at E3; looked like it could be neat, if you haven't reached your dual-joystick saturation point yet.

Expect both games to appear on Live Arcade in the wee hours of Wednesday morning.
elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By elko84

I might check out power up forever

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

I'm defiantly going to get Meteos Wars.  I loved the DS Meteos game.

RawShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RawShark

A Meteos port and another twin-stick shooter. Oh joy =/
Why I would spend 800MSP on either of those totally escapes me.

SaucySala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By SaucySala

Never got to play Meteos seeing as how I sold my DS super quick-like.
May have to pick that one up.

TaintedSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TaintedSun

Will definitely try them both out, thanks for reminding me.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Milkman

Looks neat. I loved Meteos on the DS.

dotxhideki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By dotxhideki

I really liked Meteos on the DS, so I might get that. I'm not really sure about PowerUp Forever, though. Dual joystick shooters are a dime-a-dozen these days.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Cirdain

seriously that picture is hurting my head. Ahhh whats happenning icnt spllllllsssnnn......

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24

The Meteos War game looks solid. I haven't played the original but I heard it was great.

logson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By logson

Can't wait to see how these turn out.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By kush

PowerUP Forever could be interesting, but I don't need anymore games to play right now...especially when it's not that original of a game.

Brym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Brym

Meteos could be good if it uses Poker-Smash-style dual analog controls.  The games work the same--it's just in Meteos you move the blocks vertically, and in Poker Smash you move them horizontally.

If the only control option is how the button controls worked on the DS, then yes, it will suck.

HTTenrai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By HTTenrai

Meteos is good enough to transcend the controls, I think. I'm already sold.

BTW, I called this, over a year ago.

Jus' sayin'.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

seems pretty good.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MrKlorox

Please tell me PowerUp Forever runs in 1080p on the 360 like Geometry Wars 2 does.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By agentboolen

YEA!!!!  Meteos the most over rated puzzle game ever comes to XBLA, sucked on the DS and I bet it sucks on the 360.  Ill check the other game out but right now I couldn't care less.

musichyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By musichyper

It's a very cool game with unique characters. It's kind of a medium speed game and great level of variation.

I Hyped Power Up Forever on Everhype and gave it 84% which I think is fairly accurate.

http://www.everhype.com/hyper/thebitch?X=G403

I wouldn’t mind getting some opinions on it . If you get on there, rate me a 5 & request friendship.