xbox 360 emulator

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OTTO14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OTTO14

Is there one or they all fake?

Soviet666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fake.

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Alekss

at most maybe some boot screens, but I dont expect anything playable yet

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

Rawkfist72s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't found one, so they might not be "Fake" but - they are not publicly available for download or use, sorry pal.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thatdutchguy

o.O

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130505185238AAKZ3To

Google is a hell of a thing.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By alternate

If you could reliably emulate the powerPC architecture then MS could cheaply include backwards comparability in the Xbone.

Given the specs you need to emulate wii in dolphin with a steady frame rate I am going to wild conjecture that PC emulators will exist a couple of (PC) generations from now.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I dont think PC's yet are able to brute force emulate the 360 yet. You need around 10 times the power of the platform to do so.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are fake.

I don't believe that there is even a working OG Xbox emu for the PC.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

No.

I don't think there will be as much drive to emulate the 360 as there was for the PS2, Gamecube, N64, etc. Most of the more popular games on it were ported to the PC at some point, and the few that weren't (Red Dead, Shadow Complex, Halo 3-4, Gears 2 + 3) don't quite seem like enough to get the sorts of people that program emulators riled up enough to get a working one.

Also, PC's just aren't that powerful yet. Keep in mind that the PS4 is coming out soon and there are some PS2 games that have trouble on PCSX2.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Bollard

Fake, no way PCs are powerful enough for software emulation of the 360.

Also this is stepping into a morally grey area that generally probably shouldn't be discussed on the forums (especially when discussing consoles that are still current gen).

NO discussion of illegal activities: Includes but not limited to the discussion of illicit substances, circumvention of copy protection, and piracy of video games or any form of media. If you have a question as to whether something may be illegal or not, contact the moderators and we will let you know.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Justin258

@chavtheworld said:

Also this is stepping into a morally grey area that generally probably shouldn't be discussed on the forums (especially when discussing consoles that are still current gen).

NO discussion of illegal activities: Includes but not limited to the discussion of illicit substances, circumvention of copy protection, and piracy of video games or any form of media. If you have a question as to whether something may be illegal or not, contact the moderators and we will let you know.

I have always been under the impression that discussing emulators is fine; discussing emulators to do illegal activities is not. For instance, I could talk to somebody about ripping a legal PS2 disc to their PC to play with PCSX2, but I couldn't tell them where to download a copy of the game from the internet.

If I'm wrong, then mods can correct me, but that's just where I've always thought the line with discussing emulators lay.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By beforet

It'll take a hell of a time before PS360 emulators become a thing. I think the number I've seen before is that a PC needs to be four times as powerful as the console it's emulating? Hell, PS2 emulators are just getting to the point where they are consistently functional.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

No Caption Provided

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is all about the fact the 360 is a DRM hardened platform. It is coming up with system that eliminates, emulates, or functions exactly like it that is going to require a ton of work where Microsoft is under no obligation to give anyone hints on how it works.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Bollard

@chavtheworld said:

I have always been under the impression that discussing emulators is fine; discussing emulators to do illegal activities is not. For instance, I could talk to somebody about ripping a legal PS2 disc to their PC to play with PCSX2, but I couldn't tell them where to download a copy of the game from the internet.

If I'm wrong, then mods can correct me, but that's just where I've always thought the line with discussing emulators lay.

True, that's why I said its a morally grey area. Jeff and co. are obviously torn on the issue as well, what with wanting to preserve games as a medium and the fact that emulators are the only way that can really be achieved right now.

The thing that seems off for me is that the 360 isn't even an old gen console yet, so the person asking is most likely interested in getting a 360 emulator as an alternative to having to buy the console. At that point I severely doubt they are planning to play the games using their disc drives or ripping their own ISOs, rather I reckon they are planning to download the games to boot. Obviously we aren't exactly all gunna post links here where you can download 360 games and so on, but still for the reasons I just mentioned it seems dirty to discuss this.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19 chaser324  Moderator

Original question has been answered, so I'm locking this down.