XBOX 360 hardware problems, and decision making =(

Jerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Jerr

Well surprise surprise, my elite which i had bought two years ago to replace yet another failed xbox has finally bit the dust. This would be fine if it weren't for two factors. One, it doesn't have the three year warranty as it has failed due to the unreadable disc error, where you put a disc in and it just says "open tray". i have tried ejaculating into the disk drive numerous times his time im sure its shot.  The second problem is that when I try to register it, it says my serial number has already been registered, which is really messed up. I tried on my other live account with the same problem. SO, here is my dillemma. Do I slave through all the mud talking to MS, sending this bitch in for an out of warranty fee of 100 buckeroons, or do i save my self time,  and pony up an extra 100 to get the very reasonably priced arcade, which i can just slap my old HDD on to? HELP GB COMMUNITY! YOU HAVENT FORSAKEN ME YET! 

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
Tallica9000 said:
"Well surprise surprise, my elite which i had bought two years ago to replace yet another failed xbox has finally bit the dust. This would be fine if it weren't for two factors. One, it doesn't have the three year warranty as it has failed due to the unreadable disc error, where you put a disc in and it just says "open tray". I have wiped off the reader lens many times but this time im sure its shot.  The second problem is that when I try to register it, it says my serial number has already been registered, which is really messed up. I tried on my other live account with the same problem. SO, here is my dillemma. Do I slave through all the mud talking to MS, sending this bitch in for an out of warranty fee of 100 buckeroons, or do i save my self time,  and pony up an extra 100 to get the very reasonably priced arcade, which i can just slap my old HDD on to? HELP GB COMMUNITY! YOU HAVENT FORSAKEN ME YET!  "
I feel your pain, brother. I currently have an E74 360, but I'm just doing the towel trick every time the error comes up.

Unfortunately, this solution doesn't really apply to your DRE problem. I think if I was in your situation, I would buy the arcade model. At least you'll know that it will last for a good while, and you get an extra controller out of it.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

The extra controllers are usually about $30 sold separately anyway,
so I suppose the arcade will work. However, I haven't had any problems
working through MS Tech Support. The wait time wasn't very long. Plus,
the repair will likely be a replacement of the DVDrom drive which is
what is giving you problems anyway.

I've been thinking of buying a 2nd Xbox as a contingency plan, but also
so I can play games from two different locations.

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

My X box died and i payed the money and sent it in.
When i got it back i realized it was a different system because it serial number is different that my old one.
So if this new one starts giving me grief i wonder if i'll end up with the same problem?

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dr_Cash

Just send it in they should send you another one. I do not think MS wants to add to any class action suit. just send it in and even if you call them first lie and say it does not turn on or something. And then just send it in I bet they fix it or send another.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Complain....you can ususally just spend 55 bux to get it fixed as for that you have no more of a chance to get a good 360 new, then you would if you sent it in.

DevilishSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By DevilishSix
Tallica9000 said:
"Well surprise surprise, my elite which i had bought two years ago to replace yet another failed xbox has finally bit the dust. This would be fine if it weren't for two factors. One, it doesn't have the three year warranty as it has failed due to the unreadable disc error, where you put a disc in and it just says "open tray". I have wiped off the reader lens many times but this time im sure its shot.  The second problem is that when I try to register it, it says my serial number has already been registered, which is really messed up. I tried on my other live account with the same problem. SO, here is my dillemma. Do I slave through all the mud talking to MS, sending this bitch in for an out of warranty fee of 100 buckeroons, or do i save my self time,  and pony up an extra 100 to get the very reasonably priced arcade, which i can just slap my old HDD on to? HELP GB COMMUNITY! YOU HAVENT FORSAKEN ME YET!  "

Or you could invest in a PS3 once and not have to worry when it will break next.  Oh and I am not a fanboy I own a PS3 and 2 X360's.
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By TheHBK

I say go for the arcade, those are gonna last longer now that they have the new 65nm chips in them, comes with some free games and a new warranty, if you send it to MS, they just give you 3 months on it.  Arcade is a good choice especially since you have the 120 gig hard drive and it has HDMI, so just go get a new one.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

um HBK they give you a full new 1 year warrenty not 3 months...

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Diamond

If you still haven't bought a warranty for your xbox 360 and it fails, you have noone to blame but yourself.

ValkyrieGoddess said:

"My X box died and i payed the money and sent it in.When i got it back i realized it was a different system because it serial number is different that my old one.So if this new one starts giving me grief i wonder if i'll end up with the same problem?"
They automatically change your warranty to the new serial and they change the DRM associated with your old serial to the new one over Live.

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

Thanks for the info. Diamond.