XBOX 360 & HD DVD

Drakulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Drakulla

Should Microsoft have gotten their collective heads out of their asses and created the XBOX 360 with an internal Phillips HD DVD instead of the standard DVD drive?

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DarkLegend

HD DVD is dead if you didn't know.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Demyx

if the HDVD was built in, the price would've been more expensive, much closer to the PS3. They decided to make it separate so those who use their consoles for media purposes would buy it, and those who didn't wouldn't be crippled by price. Something Sony should've considered with the PS3. I doubt it would make a difference though in HD DVD's demise.

Avatar image for thehappiestpanda
TheHappiestPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By TheHappiestPanda

There were very heavy rumours that before Toshiba announced the demise of HD-DVD at CES that Microsoft were already to announce an HD-DVD equiped 360.

banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By banksrob

Personally i would like to see and agreement reached which would allow xbox to use blu-ray then i wont have to buy a blue ray player to play awesome quality DVD's

sdauz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sdauz

a large number of ppl buying Ps3s are buying it because its one of the cheapest blue ray players. Blue ray won becuase Ps3s were included in list of Blue ray players bought. If xbox 360s had HD DVDs from the start built in, HD DVD would probably have won in my opinion becuase of the sheer number of 360s or least the fight would have gone on till today. Plus all those PS3 fanboys would not be able to say PS3 games have more stuff simply because they use blue rays disks

Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By Yit

The title of this thread made me giggle. Hee.