Xbox Account Problem

Zanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Zanda

So a while back when I joined Xbox live I decided to be honest and made a child account, I made a windows live id for my dad and stupidly forgot to write down the password. After adding 1500 points to my account and trying to use them it said I needed to change the family settings to allow me to purchase games, etc. I went to family settings and then realised I needed my Dad's account information to change it. Of course I didn't know it and when I tried to change the password apparently the answer to the secret question was incorrect.

Now I've pretty much given up on solving that conundrum (I tried calling support and all that, if anyone else has any ideas go ahead) and I'm just wondering will my account automatically change to an adult account when I turn 18 or will I have to enter my dad's windows live id?

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

When you turn 18 it will change but I cheated by a year because most of the adult content would be ESRB M (17+).

I had a similar situation. I just made a new account.

EDIT ADD: Did you try to access your dad's account from the 360 or on Xbox.com?

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Coombs

I'd say try contacting Microsoft again, make a big fuss talk to a supervisor.
If that doesn't work you'll just have to "bite the bullet" and make a new account, and forget about those points until your account changes from a child account, Then you can use them on that account, and as long as your new one is on the same system you can play all the games you download.

Zanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Zanda

All right I guess I'll just wait until I'm 18. I think I've tried contacting them enough and I can't really be bothered anymore. Thanks

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Xeiphyer
@Zanda: This happened to a friend of mine, microsoft was no help at all. He had to make a new account in the end. What happened to him though was that we made a random hotmail account to set up the Xbox account, but we forgot the password and everything. It was lames.