Xbox app or premium on youtube

billsteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys... I just became a premium member, but I do most of my GiantBombing via the yourtube app on my xbox. Is there a way to view premium content on youtube or a GiantBomb xbox app?

Cheers,

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bigsocrates  Online

I don't think you can do either of those, but you can log in to the website via the Microsoft Edge browser app on the Xbox. Once logged in you can access HTML5 videos (or maybe anyone can use those now? Not sure) and you can view premium content in the Edge browser. You can make the video full screen too, so it works just as well as any video viewer, even if the interface is a bit clunky with a controller.

I watch most Giantbomb content through the Xbox browser and you definitely do get used to it.

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Chromecast plugged into the xbox, casting from the giant bomb video buddy app. Works perfectly.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

Did they release windows store apps on xbox one yet? Because there is a giant bomb app for windows.

If not you could use Plex media server and the Plex app on xbox to stream giant bomb videos directly from the internet and any kind of video from your PC.

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As previously stated you can watch premium content on an Xbox One through the console's internet browser which supports HTML 5 video. I don't believe you will be able to watch premium live streams however, since the live stream player is still flash based I think.