#1 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4161 posts) -

The Verge has this article about how Windows, Office, and Microsoft got redesigned last year. And that Xbox, Skype, and bing are on the schedule this year. That they're gonna go with that flattened look they've been doing lately. And that they took heavy inspiration for Nike, where you know from the logo 'That's Nike,' without even reading the Nike word-branding.

The Verge: Bing, Skype, and Xbox rebranding plans revealed in Microsoft design presentation

That bing logo starts at like :27. I doubt they'll spend much time at the Xbox presentation talking about a Skype and bing rebranding. But well.. I do kinda like that bing logo. It reminds me of nature.. And bing likes doing nature wallpapers on their site all the time. So it sorta fits?. Neat.

Microsoft bought Yammer last year. Its some messaging business-program that was supposed to get merged with Office or Skype.. I forget. And I still remember this logo from a couple of months ago. Very hmm..

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36065 posts) -

So how is Skype affected by this? Because I can't find that information within the image formatting on display.

#3 Edited by EXTomar (4508 posts) -

Skype has already been severely altered in ways that aren't helpful for the user. I'm not sure how this is good news for that product.

#4 Edited by mrcraggle (1833 posts) -

I think they should opt for a lowercase b on the Bing like they have with the xbox. The actual icon for the xbox though is fucking gross. The white one they've been showing off for the upcoming even is quite nice though.

#5 Edited by iam3green (14390 posts) -

xbox logo looks horrible. maybe change the font to the one the xbox 360 controller has. i was just thinking of changing it blue also, but microsoft has been using green since xbox 1.

#6 Edited by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

Oh yeah, Bing exists.

#7 Edited by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

Arrow pointing right.

#8 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -

Bing is a thing?

#9 Posted by EVO (3870 posts) -

Oh yeah, Bing exists.

First thing I do in Bing? Search "Google".

#10 Posted by Grilledcheez (3943 posts) -

I saw that xbox logo previously, but as stated above, that x looks terrible...I somehow doubt that is going to actually appear anywhere.

#11 Posted by Nictel (2380 posts) -

Now that Bing has a new logo I will definitely use it.

#12 Edited by Humanity (8840 posts) -

I really like that XBOX logo. It fits perfectly and has that whole Web 2.0 aesthetic everyone is so in love with these days.

#13 Posted by Ghostiet (5228 posts) -

That Xbox logo looks damn terrible. Like a fucked up "close" button.

#14 Edited by Generiko (445 posts) -

that xbox logo doesn't fit in with the rest of those designs. It's round while the others focus on sharp edges

#15 Edited by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

Are there any graphic designers here who could illuminate what the intention of the Xbox design is? I've been staring at it for five minutes and I have no idea what they're going for.

#16 Posted by beepmachine (618 posts) -

@haltiamreptar: The only thing I'm seeing is the shape of the bing logo mirrored in the negative space of the X. Other than that I'm also at a loss.

#17 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

@dennisthemennis said:

@haltiamreptar: The only thing I'm seeing is the shape of the bing logo mirrored in the negative space of the X. Other than that I'm also at a loss.

I saw that too, but it does a very weak job of evoking that.

#18 Edited by realph (253 posts) -
#20 Posted by realph (253 posts) -

More:

#21 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5260 posts) -

Logos, making a difference since never.

#22 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

@themanwithnoplan:

Actually, logos and the like do make quite a difference which is why some companies spend a lot (sometimes too much) time and money doing brand research and design.

#23 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5260 posts) -

@themanwithnoplan:

Actually, logos and the like do make quite a difference which is why some companies spend a lot (sometimes too much) time and money doing brand research and design.

I'm sure they do, but it seems silly nonetheless. Especially when they do this.

We know