Xbox Broke, Should I Buy a New One?

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, my 6 year old xbox elite broke. It got the E74 error. Just a quick one, should I buy another xbox, get it repaired, or fuck the xbox and pay for playstation plus and use my PS3? Im just asking simply for the fact that the new xbox announcement is inevitable and it feels like a waste of money to get another one now.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By SerHulse

If you think you are going to play it, remember the next Xbox probably won't come out till mid-late November, then just buy another one. You could buy a second-hand one fairly cheaply now.

There would be no point in getting it repaired as yours is well out of warranty, the E74 error is covered for 3 years after purchase, if yours is 6 years old it's going to cost you.

And finally, do you NEED Playstation Plus? you could just play your PS3 without it. Unless you are thinking about using the Instant Game Collection, PS+ isn't that useful.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Jeust

Unless there is anything you want to play now on it, you should avoid getting a Xbox 360. There aren't any good exclusives announced for it, and Microsoft is apparently concentrated on the the next Xbox. Think if it is worth the repair cost. If it isn't concentrate on the PS3 and PS3 plus, as you will get also the multiplatform titles.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It's March so unless you seriously don't care what platform you play games on then yah I'd say you should get a new one because you have 9 more months left of no new consoles.

In addition, if the nextgen consoles won't have backwards compatibility then best case scenario, you'll have a brand new system in December with a handful of mediocre launch titles and nothing else to play.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By pr1mus

Unless you are deeply invested in multiplayer games with a specific number of people that only play on 360 i see no reasons to get another 360. PS3 would definitely be the way to go in this case.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Drebin_893

Anyone think there's a possibility of a last second price drop at E3?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sooty

No. The Xbox stopped being worthy of owning once Mass Effect went multi-platform.

Unless you really like Gears of War. Or Halo.

How fun!

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Dacnomaniac

@sooty: Meh. Already completed all of the GoW's and Halo's. Looks like i'm getting PS+.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

It really depends on your game investment. If you have most of your games on your Xbox then buy a new one. If it's the other way around then forget it and just use your Ps3. I'll say though, Playstation plus is pretty good with all the discounts and free games.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@pr1mus said:

Unless you are deeply invested in multiplayer games with a specific number of people that only play on 360 i see no reasons to get another 360. PS3 would definitely be the way to go in this case.

Yeah, this pretty much.

Repairing them usually isn't cheap, it's like $100 isn't it? Honestly, I think the PS3 has more interesting stuff coming to it before next gen consoles will come, so you'll be fine.

Plus, you can sell all of your 360 games and get a decent bit of cash. It adds up if you have a lot of em. Hell, even the console could be pawned off on craigslist even though it's broken. There are plenty of weird people out there looking to pay $50-100 for one of those things.