#1 Edited by bigjeffrey (4778 posts) -

KOTATSU BREAKING NEWS

Japanese site Famitsu busted out a "sokuhou" (速報) or "news flash," because Microsoft just announced the Xbox One would be launching in Japan in 2014.P

Taken From 40/40 site

September 17, 2013, I made ​​it clear that the president of Microsoft Studios, Phil Spencer Mr. according to the single interview with Enterbrain, release date in Japan of the new generation machine Xbox One is the 2014. Mr. Spencer said that "in order to face with perfect posture, release of 2014 was determined to be optimal" with. For more information, such as price, it's that you and to announce any time comes. For Xbox One, be released on November 22, 2013 in 13 regions around the world had been announced in the worldwide. [Full version of the interview is here] to offer in "perfect shape" the ※ Xbox One, released Japanese market in 2014 was required - to hear key people at Microsoft, Phil Spencer Mr.

Time Frame Feb - Jun

Those people will love Crimson Dragon, and ??? Once they buy ATLUS??

#2 Posted by geirr (2476 posts) -

So they'll likely get it before half of Europe. :3~

#3 Posted by Sinusoidal (1289 posts) -

"2014" kind of covers a large time span. About a year. This is meaningless without a month.

#4 Edited by RoarImaDinosaur (191 posts) -

Great to hear Microsoft are still on board to release in Japan. Looking forward to seeing what their new internal studio in Osaka will be developing to capture the Japanese audience.

Hint: Slice of life cel shaded art style open world jrpg in a similar vein to GTA main story/side mission structure. Add in optional waifu dating sim style mechanics and make magical monsters spawn on the street at midnight.

Make it happen please.

#5 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4929 posts) -
#6 Posted by TooWalrus (13135 posts) -

Hm. PS4 is also hitting Japan in 2014. Coincidence?

#7 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4152 posts) -

The Japanese painting of a business haiku.

Those people will love Crimson Dragon, and ??? Once they buy ATLUS??

Yes! Ye-es! :D

#8 Posted by AlexW00d (6182 posts) -

I wonder how many years it'll take to sell a million consoles this time.

#9 Edited by EXTomar (4495 posts) -

Did "The Duke" controller always look like that?

#10 Edited by Hailinel (23878 posts) -

@extomar: Japan never got the Duke. They got the Control-S at launch.

#11 Edited by xyzygy (9892 posts) -

Wasn't this really old news? I thought this was confirmed like last month.

#12 Edited by AlexGlass (688 posts) -

@extomar said:

Did "The Duke" controller always look like that?

That's not the duke. That's the original Xbox S.

That's the duke. And that was a big fucker. I remember playing Halo on that thing and I remember how relieved I was when the S came out.

#13 Posted by TWISTEDH34T (51 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

Wasn't this really old news? I thought this was confirmed like last month.

That's what I thought too.

#14 Posted by Hailinel (23878 posts) -

What is that trying to convey, anyway? That the controller is as big as a hamburger?

#15 Posted by Dalai (6996 posts) -

@hailinel said:

What is that trying to convey, anyway? That the controller is as big as a hamburger?

It's to show the controller was actually edible.