#1 Posted by Willman (7 posts) -

there nay already be a topic for this if so sorry but i didnt want  to look. any way i preffer the xbox however they both have there good points so i just wanted peoples opinions P.S sorry about spellinng :)

#2 Posted by Toseph (370 posts) -

This can only end badly

#3 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

I only have an Xbox 360 so I can't really judge the ps3.

#4 Posted by xXTharosXx (72 posts) -

thy do have there ups and downs but for me the 360 is the choice because of xbox live. even though sony's is free there is better service on live

#5 Posted by RedShirt (24 posts) -

come on man don't start with this shit already

#6 Posted by Lairdo (543 posts) -

Ah crap, system wars begun they have.

#7 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I have both systems, I also had the Wii but my brother bought it off me for full retail price, for my nephew (I barely played it anyway). As for PS3 and Xbox 360, let me start off by saying I am and have always leaned toward being a 360 fanboy. The reason 360 is better, to me, is because it has a wide range of games, a great marketplace, and an exceptional [competitive] achievement system. The PS3 has familiar bits of 360, like a trophy system but it is just not the same. Sony made the PS3 way too media-oriented, where 360 has diverse and awesome media capabilities but put those second to gaming. I really don't care for Blu-Ray, I hardly play with my glasses on as it is, and I surely don't think switching discs once in a while is any sort of problem.

Once the PS3 comes into its own and develops a larger and more accessible game library, it will start to pick up in sales and community. Right now they are missing a lot of online gaming options, and that's where games have been more focused; putting less time into SP and more into MP. With the upcoming price drop, and a couple intriguing games I guess we will see.

But any way you put it, this thread is going to be a nest for fanboys and flamers alike.

#8 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -
Blu_Magic said:
"I only have an Xbox 360 so I can't really judge the ps3.
"
OH MY GOD SOMEBODY SHUT THIS FANBOY UP. JEEZ.
#9 Edited by Shade (120 posts) -

They're very similar systems in my opinion. Main things that separate them for me:
-ps3 has bluray
-xbox360 has xbox live, said to be a better online service
-ps3 has mgs4/uncharted
-xbox360 has halo3/gears of war
It's really a matter of preference, and what is more important to you.

#10 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

there both good end of topic :P

#11 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -
banksrob said:
"there both good end of topic :P
"
Yeah, They both have their ups and downs, Just enjoy your console without bashing other people's console.
#12 Posted by nickystixx (184 posts) -

Personally I like the Xbox 360 right now. But the PS3 will no doubt last longer and have a longer life span than the 360. I want to get a PS3 because of Blu-ray though. so right now i like the 360 but down the line i know i will like PS3 if that makes sense!

#13 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -
I_smell said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"I only have an Xbox 360 so I can't really judge the ps3.
"
OH MY GOD SOMEBODY SHUT THIS FANBOY UP. JEEZ.
"
Care to explain how he is a fanboy? He was being as neutral as you can get.
Let's try to avoid these threads please, I'm tired of the whole system wars business.

Owning both systems, I can safely say, no one console is better then the other. /thread.
#14 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -
samcotts said:
Care to explain how he is a fanboy? He was being as neutral as you can get."
I'm avin a laugh man, Jesus.
#15 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

I pick both and the Wii and PC. So BLAH!

#16 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

This is a topic?! Xbox 360 Hands Down...

#17 Posted by Dukebd (7 posts) -

360 IMO

#18 Posted by SamuraiBudgerigar (129 posts) -

Great, like system wars all over again :P

#19 Posted by spragels (97 posts) -

I hate these threads.... why am I here you ask? I get some kind of weird "kick" out of watching fanboys fight. I'm a sick person.

#20 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

PlayStation 3, I just think if you sit and look at what is happening, logically and in an open minded way, you will see that PS3 is the better investment hands down.

#21 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
spragels said:
"

I hate these threads.... why am I here you ask? I get some kind of weird "kick" out of watching fanboys fight. I'm a sick person.

"

Who says an Xbox 360 vs PlayStation 3 thread has to be full of fanboys and ignorant arguing?

Its an important topic and for it to be discussed is not a bad thing.. just has to be done civilly, and so far it has been.
#22 Posted by Cribba (290 posts) -

Threads like these never go anywhere, just stop this shit. Everyone already knows the pros and cons for each console, no need to beat on a dead horse.

Btw, is it possible to "sage" threads on Giant Bomb?

#23 Edited by MOLE (321 posts) -

PS3 and XBox 360 are very good consoles, and you can't really say one is better than the other becuase each have their Pros and Cons. 

Its something everyone is going to have to accept

#24 Posted by Katatonic (41 posts) -

They both are very similar to me, since I'm not too into memorizing the technical standards of each.  Sony, in the past, has always had games I've enjoyed more as exclusives on their system, so for personal preference I simply went with the ps3.  However, there are great games for both so you can't go wrong.  I liked not having to buy a separate dvd player though, since I have no dvd player I can just use my ps3.

#25 Posted by spragels (97 posts) -
Sentry said:
"spragels said:
"

"

Who says an Xbox 360 vs PlayStation 3 thread has to be full of fanboys and ignorant arguing?

Its an important topic and for it to be discussed is not a bad thing.. just has to be done civilly, and so far it has been.
"

You are right. It would be great if people could have that discussion. I guess I'm just to jaded.
#26 Posted by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -

I only got a 360 but that's only because there doesn't really exist any exclusive PS3 games I want to play.  That may change in the future though. Oh, and I dislike the PS3 controller. It's uncomfortable for me.

#27 Posted by Marterfarker (41 posts) -

I have both a 360 and a PS3.
They both have their strong points, all of which have been belabored here and elsewhere.
And, if you're already here, you've probably been there, so there's no need to recount them again.

For me, if a game is on both systems, and is quality equivalent, I'll get it on the 360.
I do this for two reasons.

First, achievements.
I know it's silly, and the PS3 now has Achie---Trophies, but I've spent a long time gaining Achievement point and will probably continue to accumulate them there.

Second, the controller.
The 360 controller is perfection.
It might be my giant American hands, but I can barely hold onto the stubby little PS3 controller.
I also hate the way they have the triggers/shoulder buttons set up.

It may seem silly, but those are the reasons.
I play games on both. I love playing games on both, and I'm thrilled I have both systems.