Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

This Poll is based off just which do you think you would get if they came out tomorrow.Obviously we know almost nothing about either. I'll eventually get them both,but if they came out tomorrow,it would be the Xbox.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Ben_H

PC!

Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ley_Lines

How could I possibly choose, when we know literally nothing about them? In the long run, I'll probably get both if one or the other has exclusives I want. However, choosing a platform now would only show that you're a fan boy who was going to buy the system regardless of what it does or what it's like.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Wemibelle

My vote is for people to stop nicknaming the next Xbox console the "720." It just makes you sound like an idiot.

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

@Ben_H said:

PC!

That's true.If you have a decent enough one you don't really need either.Except for first party titles.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Joeyoe31

I can't answer this. Without knowing launch titles I would just be buying because of brand, neither which I'm fond of.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

I'm have a right not to vote.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By canucks23

Considering nothing is known about them at all yet, i'm gonna say neither, as should everybody else.

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Well since its getting so close it doesn't hurt to just think about it.I made my decision based off which one i'm most invested in.I understand not being able to choose.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Brendan

Sorry, I can't vote because I have no idea what either will be like.

If you want me to make a choice based solely upon the merits of the current systems, however, then I will choose the PS4. I have owned an Xbox this entire generation, and while it has been a great machine I find myself disliking the interface increasingly as time goes one. The PS3 has also had more exclusives that I found myself wanting more this generation and I don't want to miss out on more on the next go around. I've had the opportunity to try many PS3 exclusives using my friends PS3 but I think if given the choice, based only on what the two competitors have already done, I would choose a PS4.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Samaritan

I'll eventually own both, so I don't feel bad about voting. Which system I'll get first though will depend entirely on what each company's showing is next year. I couldn't care less about backing one system or another, so it'll all come down to which system is more impressive, or which system has a better launch lineup, really.

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By liako21

@Ben_H said:

PC!
dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dungbootle

I dunno I haven't played either

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By C0V3RT

This gen I own all consoles and I've told myself I'm never doing that again.

I've got brand loyalty to Microsoft. I'm more invested in their exclusives than I am Sony's. Most of my friends are also invested into the Xbox ecosystem, so it just makes the most sense for me.

Hells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hells

Why is there a poll on two systems we know nearly next to nothing about?

So my vote goes to Dreamcast 2...

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I know enough of Sony to know that I won't buy any of their products for a long time.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By clumsyninja1

I'll get The Nintendo...

Malarkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Malarkain

Sick and tired of paying for Xbox Live. So either Microsoft changes that, or I'll snag a PS4. Lately it seems as though most games are multiplatform anyway, though the vast majority of the exclusives I'd like are for Playstation.

Edit: My hatred of Live is mostly due to them just locking away online multiplayer

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By crusader8463

PC. These hypothetical threads are beyond pointless since we literally know nothing about them beyond that they will at some point come out. All I know so far is that if the X-Box 3 is just like the X-Box 2 and be nothing more then a port box I won't be getting one. Also, if they keep with the idiotic locking gameplay behind a gold membership scam it will be a VERY long time before I get one if at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll stick with my Atari Jaguar.

AbeTheGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AbeTheGreatest

Probably the xbox because of Halo but who knows

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mandude

I prefer Sony's exclusives to Microsoft's, and I just cannot see the comparison between PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live. As long as the current trajectory keeps up, I'll be sticking with Sony.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WickedFather

360 is the worst console I've ever had, and I've had them all, even the ones with aids, so I'm guessing the next one will have bronchitis of the brown pipe and I just don't want that any more.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By viking_funeral

@Ben_H said:

PC!

I didn't vote because PC.

I got a 360 this year to catch up on some console exclusive game, like Red Dead Redemption, but I feel fine waiting another few years to catch up on those rare non-PC games.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By IBurningStar

My current PS3 + PC combo allows me to play everything I care about and I don't have any reason to believe that Microsoft will stop being asshats about how they handle XBox Live, so I'm going to say PS4.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By zeforgotten

Both, I guess. Just for the exclusive titles. 
Well ok, maybe not both. If they did actually end up calling it the Xbox 720 then I will kill a puppy, a kitten and a little baby. 
360 was a terrible name to begin with and saying 720 just means "Yep, we're going back to the same thing again. Spin in circles and end up facing the same direction as when we started. Upscaled and all!"  
I hope Microsoft won't keep going with the whole "Pay us so you can play multiplayer" thing though. But millions are paying for it and as a business that would just be a dumb thing to do. Nobody ever got very far by turning down money. 

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By ajamafalous
@Ben_H said:
PC!
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By iam3green

i would say both. i'll eventually get both of them.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Doctorchimp

@TheManWithNoPlan said:

This Poll is based off just which do you think you would get if they came out tomorrow.Obviously we know almost nothing about either. I'll eventually get them both,but if they came out tomorrow,it would be the Xbox.

Neither...cause my PC kind of would destroy both....

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Moonshadow101

Xbox 720*. Reasons:

It's more powerful.

It has a stronger launch lineup.

The new controller is really, really great.

The aesthetics of the console itself are superb.

Microsoft's changes to their online infrastructure make it far superior to Sony's increasingly aged service.

It costs 50$ less.

*All of this information is taken from the imaginary console-launch scenario that I scribbled in the margins of my notebook in school two years ago.

Leafhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32  Edited By Leafhopper

Dunno if there will even be a PS4.

Joking aside, I don't know to be honest. I'll wait it out.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By colourful_hippie

Not voting because I don't see a neither option. I'm doubling down on PC because I rather stick on the sidelines and wait to see how these consoles shake out before deciding which one to invest in first.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kerned

Purely based on the direction Microsoft has taken Live and the dashboard over the past few years, I'd say the PS-whatever-it's-called.

But who knows? It's impossible to know at this point what either system is going to look like. Realistically, by this time two years from now I'll have both of them, but I need a lot more information before I can decide which one gets bought first.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MezZa

PS4. Probably not right away though. I'm happy with my pc at the moment.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By triple07

The next Xbox. I got burned with the PS3 to the point I no longer want any Sony products. Plus I don't mind paying for Xbox Live as long as it works the way it has been. Still this is all hypothetical since both companies could completely fuck up and make me not buy their product.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JazGalaxy

@wemibelec90 said:

My vote is for people to stop nicknaming the next Xbox console the "720." It just makes you sound like an idiot.

THIS A THOUSAND TIMES.

People calling it that sends me into an inexplicable and unjustified rage. It's somehow everything I hate about humanity capsulated in one awful phrase.

It's NOT going to be called the "Xbox 720". What, is that supposed to be clever? Because you took 360 and doubled it? Is it supposed to be funny? Because it's not funny. There's not even any joke there to BE funny. It's certainly not prognostication because there is absolutely nothing to go off of to predict that it would be called that. And why are you even trying to make up a name for it when you have no idea what on earth it would be called? What if I just called it the Xbox Sandwich, without flinching. Like you were just supposed to know that I decided to name it something completely stupid random and that's supposed to be okay.

GAHHH!!! My blood pressure...

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I need launch titles, a price, capabilities, and launch before I choose. I don't know if I am even going to buy a new system when they launch though. I built a PC a few months ago and love the freedom I have there.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Assuming MS is smart enough that I buy that console and download my Profile, DLC\Games I've brought\Achievements\Friends List\backwards compatability with all my 360 games, no question 720 plus I enjoy the exclusives MS puts out more and superior controller. But the main factor is everyone I know owns a Xbox and not a PS3.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Moonshadow101

@JazGalaxy said:

@wemibelec90 said:

THIS A THOUSAND TIMES.

People calling it that sends me into an inexplicable and unjustified rage. It's somehow everything I hate about humanity capsulated in one awful phrase.

It's NOT going to be called the "Xbox 720". What, is that supposed to be clever? Because you took 360 and doubled it? Is it supposed to be funny? Because it's not funny. There's not even any joke there to BE funny. It's certainly not prognostication because there is absolutely nothing to go off of to predict that it would be called that. And why are you even trying to make up a name for it when you have no idea what on earth it would be called? What if I just called it the Xbox Sandwich, without flinching. Like you were just supposed to know that I decided to name it something completely stupid random and that's supposed to be okay.

GAHHH!!! My blood pressure...

I really don't get this reaction. It's not a joke, or a serious prediction, or anything random at all. It's a perfectly logical progression of the previous console's name that, in the absence of a more official alternative, works. It's not any stranger than Playstation 4, or Wii 2.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#42  Edited By irrelevantjohn

I like to play japanese games so i'm going to say PS4 for now but I'll probably end up getting both eventually.

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MikeJFlick

I've been with sony since the first playstation no reason to change it up now, especially since microsoft has yet to release something that made me want one.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the fact that we know next to nothing about these systems is the point of the thread.  To see where the biases are at the point.

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

@JazGalaxy: I do apologize.Me naming it Xbox 720 was not supposed to clever.I only called it that because it is the most generic commonly used term for the next Xbox.By the way,i think you have something there with Xbox Sandwhich.

Stensby1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Stensby1

I'll likely end up with both. Along with (hopefully) building a PC next year.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zekhariah

I want to say PS4 first, as PC is my primary platform so needing XBLA gold for that basic xbox functionality stings a little (especially compared to what PSN+ offers if you go that route).

Edit: I bought an x360 because I had not played a halo game in a long time and was feeling a bit nostalgic, not any particular interest in the MS platform. But I think I've gotten my fix for the next 5 years at least.

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By billyhoush

I've been really happy with PSN+ and I love the good old sony controller. Since I gave up on Nintendo I feel guilty turning my back on Japan. I'm gonna grab a PS4 because nostalgia and franchises I love like Uncharted and Yakuza.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JazGalaxy

@TheManWithNoPlan said:

@JazGalaxy: I do apologize.Me naming it Xbox 720 was not supposed to clever.I only called it that because it is the most generic commonly used term for the next Xbox.By the way,i think you have something there with Xbox Sandwhich.

Sorry, I wasn't ranting at you. I was ranting at the internet in general and nobody in particular. Unless you were the first person to call it that, that is...

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Grillbar

i own a ps3 now and i have allways used playstation so i will properly get the ps4. granted i might get both at some time but i thought the same with the 360 and that never happend. mostly since i mainly play pc games and i think the hole paying for xbox live was so retarted on so many levels

so if they dont change that i might not even get it this time around unless there are some killer games that can convince me otherwise.

but just want to make a note that im not saying the 360 sucked it was great i just preferred not paying to be able to play online and still get adds thrown in my face, and the fact that the ps3 is region free also helped a lot since i pay almost twice the amount for a game then the U.S, U.K and pretty much the rest of the world that matters in is case. so i often imported games that i did not need to play right away. and even with overnight delivery it was still way cheaper then actually buying it where i live.

@sins_of_mosin said:

I know enough of Sony to know that I won't buy any of their products for a long time.

can you be elaborate, im kinda interested in knowing what it is.