Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By JazGalaxy

@Moonshadow101 said:

@JazGalaxy said:

@wemibelec90 said:

My vote is for people to stop nicknaming the next Xbox console the "720." It just makes you sound like an idiot.

THIS A THOUSAND TIMES.

People calling it that sends me into an inexplicable and unjustified rage. It's somehow everything I hate about humanity capsulated in one awful phrase.

It's NOT going to be called the "Xbox 720". What, is that supposed to be clever? Because you took 360 and doubled it? Is it supposed to be funny? Because it's not funny. There's not even any joke there to BE funny. It's certainly not prognostication because there is absolutely nothing to go off of to predict that it would be called that. And why are you even trying to make up a name for it when you have no idea what on earth it would be called? What if I just called it the Xbox Sandwich, without flinching. Like you were just supposed to know that I decided to name it something completely stupid random and that's supposed to be okay.

GAHHH!!! My blood pressure...

I really don't get this reaction. It's not a joke, or a serious prediction, or anything random at all. It's a perfectly logical progression of the previous console's name that, in the absence of a more official alternative, works. It's not any stranger than Playstation 4, or Wii 2.

Except nothing you said makes any sense.

If you were going to go with "logical progression" you would go with "Xbox 361", except you wouldn't go with that because it would be ridiculous. Doubling it is even more ridiculous. Especially since 360 is a stretch for any sort of meaning, but some can be found. 720 has absolutely NO meaning that could be applied to gaming.

Calling it Wii 2 is equally dumb when Nintendo has never, in it's double digit hardware release history called a system "something 2". The only console that HAS done that, out of dozens of manufacturers and hundreds of consoles, is Sony with it's Playstations 2 and 3.

The only reasonable thing to call it, without just pulling something completely out of one's butt is "The Next Xbox", "The Next Microsoft Console", "The successor to the 360", "Microsoft's New Console", etc.

One could get by calling the Playstation 4, Playstation 4 because Sony has set up a trend that it's reasonable to assume will continue into the future.

But predicting the new Xbox will be called Xbox 720 is as silly as people predicting the new Wii U would be called the "Wiii"

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By JazGalaxy

@Grillbar said:

i own a ps3 now and i have allways used playstation so i will properly get the ps4. granted i might get both at some time but i thought the same with the 360 and that never happend. mostly since i mainly play pc games and i think the hole paying for xbox live was so retarted on so many levels

so if they dont change that i might not even get it this time around unless there are some killer games that can convince me otherwise.

but just want to make a note that im not saying the 360 sucked it was great i just preferred not paying to be able to play online and still get adds thrown in my face, and the fact that the ps3 is region free also helped a lot since i pay almost twice the amount for a game then the U.S, U.K and pretty much the rest of the world that matters in is case. so i often imported games that i did not need to play right away. and even with overnight delivery it was still way cheaper then actually buying it where i live.

@sins_of_mosin said:

I know enough of Sony to know that I won't buy any of their products for a long time.

can you be elaborate, im kinda interested in knowing what it is.

I think this new console generation is the first one that I will likely sit out for the forseeable future.

The bottom line is that games just aren't very fun these days, to me. Developers refuse to take any risks or create legitimate games and instead try to create new "franchises" and "interactive experiences". What this basically means it that you can already predict the first few years of software on both consoles and they're essentially identical.

Bland, but gorgeous, linear FPS games with neat set pieces. Bland but gorgeous "character action games" with little control, context sensitive button mashing, and neat set pieces. The most expensive ones will be pretty. The less expensive ones will be less pretty. The average game will cost 70 dollars and last about 8 hours. The first 2 years you will see new franchises that introduce new characters and new environments with the same wornout gameplay. In the 2nd and 3rd years you will start to see established franchises debut on the new hardware with gameplay identical to this generation. In 4 years they'll start rolling out sequels to those games.

I'm only really interested in Kickstarter games these days, I think.

labman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By labman

I'm hoping that this generation I'll be able to buy both...BUT, if they were to come out tomorrow, I would get an Xbox just because I know almost all my friends are Xbox freaks.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By alexl86

I go where the games are. Last time I got a 360, and I don't think Bethesda would've been my favorite developer of the last generation if I'd gone the Playstation route again. I'll freely admit PS3 have more exclusives that are suited to my particular tastes, but I also find it more often has shoddy port-jobs.

At the same time, my new PC can run new games on ultra and still maintain a high fps, so I'll definitely adopt a wait and see approach.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By freakin9

Really? Not a single "joke poll choice"?

What kind of animal are you?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By fattony12000

All consoles.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By jdh5153

720 for me. Xbox has the best online experience around. It's great for gaming and entertainment. I don't like Sony consoles and I like Sony fanboys even less. Besides none of the PS3 'exclusives' seem interesting to me at all. Even if they did, they'd end up going the way Final Fantasy and Metal Gear did. A few years ago all the Sony fanatics were like "Haha you'll NEVER be able to play Final Fantasy or Metal Gear you loser"....and now I have Metal Gear HD collection.....and Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2. So yeah.

The Walking Dead takes the place of Heavy Rain, and Forza out performs Gran Turismo. Never been into button mashers like God of War and that weird adventure Indiana Jones game looks like crap to me.

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#58  Edited By L44

I'm still hoping to god its not called the Xbox 720.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By jdh5153

@JazGalaxy said:

@Moonshadow101 said:

@JazGalaxy said:

@wemibelec90 said:

My vote is for people to stop nicknaming the next Xbox console the "720." It just makes you sound like an idiot.

THIS A THOUSAND TIMES.

People calling it that sends me into an inexplicable and unjustified rage. It's somehow everything I hate about humanity capsulated in one awful phrase.

It's NOT going to be called the "Xbox 720". What, is that supposed to be clever? Because you took 360 and doubled it? Is it supposed to be funny? Because it's not funny. There's not even any joke there to BE funny. It's certainly not prognostication because there is absolutely nothing to go off of to predict that it would be called that. And why are you even trying to make up a name for it when you have no idea what on earth it would be called? What if I just called it the Xbox Sandwich, without flinching. Like you were just supposed to know that I decided to name it something completely stupid random and that's supposed to be okay.

I really don't get this reaction. It's not a joke, or a serious prediction, or anything random at all. It's a perfectly logical progression of the previous console's name that, in the absence of a more official alternative, works. It's not any stranger than Playstation 4, or Wii 2.

If you were going to go with "logical progression" you would go with "Xbox 361", except you wouldn't go with that because it would be ridiculous. Doubling it is even more ridiculous. Especially since 360 is a stretch for any sort of meaning, but some can be found. 720 has absolutely NO meaning that could be applied to gaming.

Calling it Wii 2 is equally dumb when Nintendo has never, in it's double digit hardware release history called a system "something 2". The only console that HAS done that, out of dozens of manufacturers and hundreds of consoles, is Sony with it's Playstations 2 and 3.

The only reasonable thing to call it, without just pulling something completely out of one's butt is "The Next Xbox", "The Next Microsoft Console", "The successor to the 360", "Microsoft's New Console", etc.

One could get by calling the Playstation 4, Playstation 4 because Sony has set up a trend that it's reasonable to assume will continue into the future.

But predicting the new Xbox will be called Xbox 720 is as silly as people predicting the new Wii U would be called the "Wiii"

The next Xbox will be called the 720. They named it the 360 because Playstation 3 sounded 'higher' than Xbox 2. Therefore Xbox 720 is higher than Playstation 4. All of the gaming magazines and legitimate publications are also calling it the 720. Get used to it.

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By hugh_jazz

@JazGalaxy said:

360 degrees equals 1 Tau, 720 degrees equals 2 Tau, or 2 and 4 Pi respectively. That's logical progression. The name Xbox 360 was a pretty great idea for conveying an idea(all-encompassing entertainment system and all that) and wasn't ever a bad name. I'm not saying Xbox 720 would be a good name at all, but it is, in fact, a logical progression as the successor to the Xbox 360.

Also, I picked "Both" because "Neither".

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By Moonshadow101

@JazGalaxy:

Again, you're making the mistake of assuming that these are predictions. "Wii 2" is a perfectly reasonable working title for the post-Wii console. It's short and communicates what you're talking about well. The fact that Nintendo wasn't likely to actually call their console that is irrelevant. Every single one of your suggested alternatives to "Xbox 720" isn't even a name, it's a slightly-too-long description. It doesn't fit well into conversation.

And I'm extremely confused as to how you think "Xbox -> Xbox 360 -> Xbox 720" is the same as "Gamecube -> Wii -> Wiii." Surely you can see the difference. The former is based on increments, however odd those increments might be. The latter... isn't.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#62  Edited By Vinny_Says

So when you people get asked if you want the chicken or fish at your cousin's wedding you say "steak!" out loud like total idiots? What's up with that?

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By JoeyRavn

Neither, but there's no option in the poll for that.

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

One console we've heard some rumors about but don't really know anything about, the other we've heard even less about. Hmmmmm....

Shinigamirap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Shinigamirap

Consoles are beginning to feel like a hassle to me now a days i would probably get the Xbox just because i now own a 360.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By tebbit

Based on their track record in the second half of this generation: PS4. Based on the first half: Microsoft. Sony has learned so much about running a strong online network this generation (and suffered such a humiliating fall from grace straight after the PS3 launched) that I feel they will be the company to beat this time round. Microsoft has everything to lose, and they've already started to do it with their slate of releases and increased awareness of Xbox Live's poor value-for-money over the last couple of years..

That's assuming they release similar hardware, and one of them doesn't bomb hard, or equally generate a Wii-esque level of hype around their console that leaves the other in the dust.

So, the Phantom is my answer.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By Anund

I answered Both, but truth is, if they came out tomorrow I would only get the PS4, then hold off on the 720 until there were a couple of exclusives I just had to have. This is because of their XBOX Live Gold bs. I will not pay to play online.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#68  Edited By Bollard

I think I'm done with consoles, PC is so much more.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#69  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Fuck this thread so much, we have no information on either of those and choosing out of brand loyalty is really dumb.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By geirr

@crusader8463 said:

Also, if they keep with the idiotic locking gameplay behind a gold membership scam it will be a VERY long time before I get one if at all.

As it is (in Norway) consoles cost twice as much as they do in the US, the console games cost $100 new, add to all of this especially in the case of the Xbox you have to pay them a monthly fee to fucking play a game with your friends online? PC is by far the logical choice here as it doesn't cost that much more than consoles and games aren't priced insanely -- not to mention they multitask better which seems to be something all consoles has to do now; and poorly at that and likely the new consoles will do this poorly as well.

We've been lucky with Xbox games since a lot of them eventually gets ported, but some of the more interesting PS3 games do not. Hence if anything my interests lay with the PS4 and its possible exclusives not to mention (if they stay their course) they won't charge me unfairly to access their online store, buy games, or play them online.

I'm adding that PC isn't perfect by far since I don't want to seem like a "PC elitist" -- this is mostly an annoyed European rant. I miss consoles where I put a game in and it plays it with no extra bullshit needed but this is no longer the case, not even with Nintendo. Consoles are overpriced boxes that emulate a PC, only slower, and for more money, in this lovely country where I live.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Tarsier

depends on what games and the design of the interfaces. if the hub for xbox 720 is like the one for 360, and the ps4 is like the one for the ps3, i will get the 360. it has much better home area, better online, better party system, etc.

it also greatly depends on the controllers.

its safe to say they were be on pretty much even ground as far as technology goes. design is what matters.

TSchonbeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72  Edited By TSchonbeck

Xbox.

Grimace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Grimace

I will be getting both on launch day.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#74  Edited By nightriff

PS4 but if it doesn't deserve my demands for what I want in a console I'll probably jump to PC for good and just use the money I'm saving up now to upgrade it.

WasabiCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By WasabiCurry

I would rather save the 400-600 dollars and put it towards my PC~

I could buy a GTX 680 with that kind of money. For the time being, I am done with consoles~

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Both as I can afford it and I don't want to miss out on any system exclusive game.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Kerned

@jdh5153 said:

The next Xbox will be called the 720. They named it the 360 because Playstation 3 sounded 'higher' than Xbox 2. Therefore Xbox 720 is higher than Playstation 4. All of the gaming magazines and legitimate publications are also calling it the 720. Get used to it.

I don't think it will be called the 720 because of one small but very important detail. When used in the context of consumer electronics, the number 720 is most commonly associated with HDTVs. Specifically, less-desirable HDTVs. 720 vs. 1080. It's the resolution that you probably don't really want. Second best. I just can't see Microsoft naming a gaming console -- something that they want to be associated with bleeding edge high-tech graphics -- with a number that is associated with "bare minimum for HD."

I wouldn't think it's a bad name otherwise, but 720 has some baggage. I'm sure the focus testing that Microsoft certainly does on product names would eliminate it as an option pretty quickly. I think they're most likely to just do away with numbers this time and give it a name, like Xbox Sandwich or something (thanks, ).

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By DeF

How about neither?

We know nothing, therefore there are zero selling points.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I plan on sticking with my PC and the Wii U (when it drops in price). Not to act superior in any way, but the cost of PC gaming has gotten to the point where it's so cheap, I don't see why you'd bother with anything else. The cost of buying a decent rig is completely off-set by how low games get on sale for the PC. During the summer I spent about £50 and came away with huge selection of moderately recent games, back when I mostly used my 360, that wouldn't have even bought me two games.

The few exclusives both of those platforms have aren't enough to convince me either, unless they pull out some seriously impressive new IP's for the next consoles and even then, I'd probably wait until late in the cycle before picking them up. Although if Microsoft plan on sticking with charging a fee for basic online features, I definitely won't be going near the next Xbox.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By leebmx

I'll decide when I know the first fucking thing about either of them,,,,

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#81  Edited By BionicRadd

poll needed 2 more options.

PC - for all the reasons already mentioned

Neither - if your criteria is "if it were available tomorrow, which would you get?"

I do not collect consoles. I play games. Consoles are the means to that end and nothing more. I bought a 360 when it was at a price I liked and had games I wanted. Same thing with the PS3. I do not expect I'll own the new Xbox or PS before 2015.

zerostasis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By zerostasis

This kind of poll/thread is to early to be established. I hope you're not just riling up the fanboyism here. Or are you?

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By BurBan_Snake

If metal gear solid continues to be playstation exclusive (meaning exclusive like MGS4) Then I will continue to buy the nextgeneration console at each metalk gear game, just as i have in the past. If i get an itchy trigger fingerm I'll try the Xbox, but ill likely stick with my pc until the new metal gear game comes out on next gen consoles..

NicksCorner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By NicksCorner

None of them.

sleeping143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By sleeping143

Er...games!

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#86  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

To everyone who says that it is too early for a poll like this you are correct.We know nothing of either console.I didn't mean to stir up any fanboyism.I am completely neutral and have all current consoles as well as a Pc.I do regret not putting an "Neither" option.In retrospect I probably made this thread too hastily.This was only meant to be a fun Poll to see where people fell on the line with no information at all.If you were upset or offended,"I Apologize".

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By captain_clayman

Both, but if I could only get one, PS4.

seannao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By seannao

I hope there's an indy nosebone edition of the 720

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By laserbolts

Where is the neither option? PC next gen for me.

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By joshth

@Brendan said:

Sorry, I can't vote because I have no idea what either will be like.

If you want me to make a choice based solely upon the merits of the current systems, however, then I will choose the PS4. I have owned an Xbox this entire generation, and while it has been a great machine I find myself disliking the interface increasingly as time goes one. The PS3 has also had more exclusives that I found myself wanting more this generation and I don't want to miss out on more on the next go around. I've had the opportunity to try many PS3 exclusives using my friends PS3 but I think if given the choice, based only on what the two competitors have already done, I would choose a PS4.

I'm in the same boat, totally agree.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@wemibelec90: Not as stupid as the people that named the 360. Uh there's almost no console exclusives so there's not much of a difference between the consoles; if the Souls game franchise had continued to be PS3 only then obviously I'd go for that but I don't really care. Ultimately it comes down to free multiplayer and PS+ growing more and more superior to Gold; so PS4 it is.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By JazGalaxy

@jdh5153 said:

@JazGalaxy said:

@Moonshadow101 said:

@JazGalaxy said:

@wemibelec90 said:

THIS A THOUSAND TIMES.

How old are you?

I will bet you honest cold hard cash that it will not ever be called the Xbox 720. Seriously. Let's do this.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By SeanFoster

I'm pretty happy with my current PC/PS3 setup, I play most stuff on PC and get the console exclusives on PS3. Xbox 360 exclusives usually aren't really up my alley (though I'd love to play Dust: An Elysian Tail). I could be won over and get the Xbox 3 though, I'm willing to hear both sides but I lean toward PS4.

warpedzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By warpedzappa

I'll probably just upgrade my PC. I can't see them being that much of an upgrade fidelity wise. I think they will probably focus on price next gen thus causing some trade offs. Times have changed in the console world.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Clonedzero

xbox.

why? cus i have a shitton of 360 games and i fully expect it to be backwards compatible

warpedzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By warpedzappa
@Malarkain not to mention you can't even use Netflix without a gold membership which is outrageous.
JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By JazGalaxy

@Moonshadow101 said:

@JazGalaxy:

Again, you're making the mistake of assuming that these are predictions. "Wii 2" is a perfectly reasonable working title for the post-Wii console. It's short and communicates what you're talking about well. The fact that Nintendo wasn't likely to actually call their console that is irrelevant. Every single one of your suggested alternatives to "Xbox 720" isn't even a name, it's a slightly-too-long description. It doesn't fit well into conversation.

And I'm extremely confused as to how you think "Xbox -> Xbox 360 -> Xbox 720" is the same as "Gamecube -> Wii -> Wiii." Surely you can see the difference. The former is based on increments, however odd those increments might be. The latter... isn't.

That's my whole point. There is absolutely no reason to think, even for second, that the new Xbox will be named ANYTHING have to do with increments.

NES, Super Ninenteno, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U

Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo 3DS

Sega Master System, Genesis, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast

Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3

Xbox, Xbox 360

THE ONLY CONSOLES that have ever been named sequentially are the Playstation 2 and the Playstation 3. It is reasonable for someone to assume or predict that the new playstation might be called the Playstation 4. Anyone who calls the new Xbox the 720 is just randomly pulling crap out of their behind by, I guess, the logic that "Sony numbers it's consoles, so that means everyone should do that too even though they have no history of doing so and it's considered incredibly abnormal by industry standards. BUT SINCE MICROSOFT ALREADY SHOWED THEY HAVE NO INTEREST IN DOING THAT, I guess i have to make up some number that tangetially relates to the old title and call it that name. Not only that, act like it's an official title and use it casually like I know what I'm talking about even though the system doesn't exist and there is zero information on it."

If you're suggesting that somehow people are saying "Xbox 720" because it's shorter, that's disingenuous. "The Xbox 720" saves exactly one letter over saying "the Next Xbox" and zero letters over "The New Xbox". Moreover, why wouldn't they just call it "Xbox 3?"

The answer is, of course, because they know its' not going to be called that. Which means they're trying to call it something htey think it will be called and settling on something absurd because of the real heart of the issue, which is that people on the internet are obsessed with trying to sound clever or witty or cute.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#98  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

If they continue the PS plus service in the ps4 I see no reason to not pick it up when it comes out. With most of the good indie games on steam now I don't have a reason to buy a xbox anymore I'll just stick to my PC.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By JazGalaxy

@RioStarwind said:

If they continue the PS plus service in the ps4 I see no reason to not pick it up when it comes out. With most of the good indie games on steam now I don't have a reason to buy a xbox anymore I'll just stick to my PC.

Heres' the problem with that though, and I say this as someone who is really digging PS+.

The main reason to have PS+ is the free games. But when the new console is new, I HIGHLY doubt they will be giving away free versions of new games. Usually the games they give away are games that failed or didn't get the exposure they needed despite being great.

This means they will probably be givng away PS3 games or older and... if that's the case... why get a PS4? Why not just get them on PS3?

That's my thought, though, knowing nothing about the new console.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Zelyre

PC.

Once the new consoles come out, if I get one (since my ps360ii collect dust right now), it will probably be a new Playstation. Even if the new XBox is more powerful, both the PS3 and 360 look meh to me, sub 720p vs 720p both upscaled onto a 1080p look crappy compared to native resolution.

What puts me in the tentative Sony camp is the XBox interface. I will not partake in Microsoft's in your face advertisement placement on Live. It'd be one thing if multiplayer was free, but they want me to pay a premium for things I get for free on other platforms. And plaster that experience with ads on top of that? Nope. Now they're bleeding that advertisement shit into Windows 8's Modern UI. F that. I don't need my interfaces looking like a Nascar race.