This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

I thought that I would hate it but its weirdness is growing on me as each track progresses.

[LINK REMOVED]

Also I would also like to note that the following post was made a year ago:

@cheesebob said:

@whyareyoucrouchingspock: Lord Yeezus blesses you for your patronage.

Cheesebob will forever be a legend.

#2 Edited by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

DON'T LISTEN TO THE LEAAAAAAAK

(i'm listening to it on Tuesday with my car stereo BUMPIN)

#4 Edited by Abendlaender (2803 posts) -

As somebody who doesn't really listens to a lot of music, I didn't know what to expect when I clicked on this.

#5 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

@little_socrates: Im not saying that you should listen to the leak but THIS SHIT SLAPS. Its worth it.

#6 Posted by jkz (4025 posts) -

Is there a non 256kb/s leak? If not I'll probably wait for the proper release

#7 Posted by alternate (2702 posts) -

Should have released it two weeks ago and he would have made all that E3 trailer money.

#9 Posted by ottoman673 (513 posts) -

already have it preordered, cause fuck J.Cole, but I went ahead and gave the leak a listen anyway.

So good. Kanye's best in years. Except some people won't like that autotune kanye comes back in a big fucking way.

Other than that, this is definitely gonna be my summer shit, up until Nothing Was The Same comes out.

#10 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

@ottoman673: I really like that the thing that you put under the spoiler tag. That shit was tough.

#11 Edited by NegativeCero (3001 posts) -

So much bass in a lot of these songs. But god damn are some of the beats hard. "Blood on the Leaves" is my favorite track on first listen through. But "Hurry up with my damn croissants!" may be one of my favorite lyrics of all time.

Also if you haven't read this interview the NY Times did with Kanye, you really have to read how batshit insane the man is. Last lines are really the best:

I will be the leader of a company that ends up being worth billions of dollars, because I got the answers. I understand culture. I am the nucleus.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/16/arts/music/kanye-west-talks-about-his-career-and-album-yeezus.html?

Edit: I feel I should mention just how much good hip hop is coming out in these few weeks. Obviously Kanye, but also J. Cole, Mac Miller, Statik Selektah all on the same freaking day. Prodigy and Alchemist, Action Bronson just released this week and that's not not close to it. It really is a good time to be fan.

#12 Edited by Muttinus_Rump (814 posts) -

Don't think it's as good as MBDTF. Gonna have to listen to it a few more times.

#13 Posted by ThePickle (4182 posts) -

Disappointed he took out the line "my homey was number one draft pick/they still burn his jersey in Akron" from Black Skinhead.

#14 Edited by Reisz (1493 posts) -

What is a Yeezus? I expect I am an old man.

Edit: Kanye West's new album? How did I not hear about that, christ I really don't listen to new music anymore. Pretty cool CD case though, I can get behind that.

#15 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@reisz said:

What is a Yeezus? I expect I am an old man.

"Yankin da Yeezus." It's like hittin that hunka-dunk, just cheaper and more dirty.

#16 Posted by ottoman673 (513 posts) -
#17 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -

So much bass in a lot of these songs. But god damn are some of the beats hard. "Blood on the Leaves" is my favorite track on first listen through. But "Hurry up with my damn croissants!" may be one of my favorite lyrics of all time.

Also if you haven't read this interview the NY Times did with Kanye, you really have to read how batshit insane the man is. Last lines are really the best:

I will be the leader of a company that ends up being worth billions of dollars, because I got the answers. I understand culture. I am the nucleus.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/16/arts/music/kanye-west-talks-about-his-career-and-album-yeezus.html?

Edit: I feel I should mention just how much good hip hop is coming out in these few weeks. Obviously Kanye, but also J. Cole, Mac Miller, Statik Selektah all on the same freaking day. Prodigy and Alchemist, Action Bronson just released this week and that's not not close to it. It really is a good time to be fan.

Sir, you're forgetting Run the Jewels.

#18 Posted by benpicko (2008 posts) -

It's terrible. Kanye didn't produce a single song except the last one and that's all he's good at.

This is coming from somebody who liked all his other albums.

#19 Edited by NegativeCero (3001 posts) -

@barrock: Exactly. I follow those guys on Twitter and still forgot about that one. And people say modern rap sucks. They just aren't looking much beyond the huge guys like Lil Wayne and Rick Ross.

#20 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

@barrock: Exactly. I follow those guys on Twitter and still forgot about that one. And people say modern rap sucks. They just aren't looking much beyond the huge guys like Lil Wayne and Rick Ross.

I personally love this new age of rap music. Everythings exciting.

#21 Posted by TyCobb (1972 posts) -

Double standards! This okay, but posting video game downloads or even mentioning where to download ROMs is not? =P

Shocked not one person brought this up yet.

#22 Posted by OGred (196 posts) -

i am the nucleus.

#23 Edited by Demoskinos (14823 posts) -

So.... like...I can't even find a listing for this on Amazon at all for either a physical or MP3 version. The hell man?!

#24 Posted by Demoskinos (14823 posts) -

Also just well... here....

#26 Posted by Dot (163 posts) -
#27 Posted by Demoskinos (14823 posts) -

@dot said:

@demoskinos: It's leaked... -.-

Yeah, I don't want to steal it. I want to ya know.. buy it.

#28 Edited by Dot (163 posts) -

I just got done listening to the whole album, all I can say is wow.... He made us go through 9 songs all with that weird techno bass shit to get to one good song. (Okay, I guess New Slaves & Blood On the Leaves were pretty good) But still, that was some creepy shit.

#29 Posted by Lucien_Lachance (209 posts) -

I've heard accounts from people who were alive when the Beatles were coming out with Magical Mystery Tour and Sgt Pepper, and that stuff was so wildly different from everything else in that genre at the time that you listened to it and you're just like "...huh."

That's how I felt listening to this.

#30 Posted by FengShuiGod (1486 posts) -

I wanted to like this after new slaves, but this is meh. New Slaves and Bound 2 were ok, the rest felt like someone listened to Aphex and Witchhouse a little too late.

#31 Posted by Chaser324 (6527 posts) -

Posting links to pirated content (including music) is against the forum rules and is not OK. Locked.