• 53 results
#1 Posted by hauntingthedark (44 posts) -

PS4 and Xbox One come out this month and Nintendo decide to bring out the two best games this year. 10's and 9.6's a plenty in the reviews for Super Mario 3D World and A Link Between Worlds. I am glad I am lucky enough to own both the 3DS and the Wii U as I can hopefully get both games.

Just when I was beginning to doubt my Wii U purchase they bring out SM3DW and that will take Wii U gamers into next year with games like Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros to come.

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13232 posts) -

Dear Nintendo, please let me play my 3DS games on the TV. I'll buy a WiiU. Promise.

#4 Posted by pyromagnestir (4326 posts) -

Dear Nintendo, please let me play my 3DS games on the TV. I'll buy a WiiU. Promise.

If you do this Nintendo I'll buy 2 of each!

#5 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

Seems like Nintendo saved the day as opposed to ruining it.

#6 Edited by big_jon (5741 posts) -

I will be picking up Mario 3D land at the same time as my Xbox one at midnight which feels weird because the only game in getting for the Xbox is battlefield 4 and it will be digitally.

#7 Posted by hauntingthedark (44 posts) -
#8 Posted by hauntingthedark (44 posts) -

@davidwitten22:

Ruined the party for the other two I mean. KO. (Knock. Out.)

#9 Posted by Embryonic (145 posts) -

I was actually planning to buy a PS4 during the holiday season. Those two games have made me change my mind, instead I'll be spunking that cash on Nintendo's handheld and home console.

#10 Posted by Scottjay01 (17 posts) -

I actually cancelled my ps4 pre-order & bought the New super mario bros+ Luigi wii U bundle, 2 Pro controllers & pre ordered the zelda 3ds & super Mario 3d world.

I love that the pro controller actually works with these games I hated the wii mote with a passion.

I'll get a PS4 when MGSV & FFXV come out.

#11 Edited by Doskias (313 posts) -

You know what's weird? The new Mario Party for 3DS comes out on Friday as well.

Xbox One and its launch games, the new Mario game, the new Zelda game all come out on Friday, and the PS4 just came out.

Does Nintendo want that Mario Party game to die?

#12 Posted by HatKing (6021 posts) -

@doskias said:

Does Nintendo want that Mario Party game to die?

Yes, probably. I can only imagine that those games are only as boring to make as they are to play. And the bonus star bullshit at the end is getting told that you have to make another one in two years.

#13 Edited by ripelivejam (4264 posts) -

I was actually planning to buy a PS4 during the holiday season. Those two games have made me change my mind, instead I'll be spunking that cash on Nintendo's handheld and home console.

groady.

#14 Posted by Slag (4606 posts) -

oh man, that would be so sweet.

#15 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5796 posts) -

I'm so hyped for A link between worlds!

#16 Edited by MEATBALL (3319 posts) -

Also, the other best game this month? A Vita game. Sure is a good time to own these supposedly terrible systems.

#17 Posted by e30bmw (356 posts) -

@davidwitten22:

Ruined the party for the other two I mean. KO. (Knock. Out.)

Yeah, it's not a knock out. I'm not saying that those two games aren't better than anything out on the new consoles, but that won't effect sales of them one bit. They don't have enough production to keep up with demand currently (see pre-orders not being available for the last few months).

#18 Posted by slyspider (1284 posts) -

Why is OP spamming general? You have like 4 threads created min apart from each other?

#19 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

Why is OP spamming general? You have like 4 threads created min apart from each other?

why are you posting this in every thread? Are you looking to become a mod? Being narc is a good first step i bet.

#20 Posted by ILikePopCans (760 posts) -

@slyspider said:

why are you posting this in every thread? Are you looking to become a mod? Being narc is a good first step i bet.

Are you a cop? You have to tell me if you are.

#21 Posted by hauntingthedark (44 posts) -

@slyspider:

I paid my subscription and as far as I am concerned, each of my topics is valid for these forums. I am going to continue to post things when I want, EVEN if it is a minute from one to the next. If you don't like it then move on to something else because that's the way its going to be.

#22 Posted by crithon (3322 posts) -

the 3ds been really sweet this whole year, Monster Hunter, Steamworld dig, animal crossing, fire emblem, Luigi Mansion Dark Moon, KORG MO1!!!!!

#23 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

What's it to you?

Also, holy shit, new Mario and new Zelda dropping on the same day, and they both look awesome? What glory!

#24 Posted by hauntingthedark (44 posts) -

@scottjay01:

I agree. I might do the same as the quality games wont be there for a while. Interested in MG5 but couldn't care less about whiny characters that grace the Final Fantasy games. If anything I would want to find ways of helping the monsters defeat the majority of the cast you have to control and level up. I look at FF games and think "if that's who we've got to save the world...we might as well dig a hole and roll in it".

#25 Edited by horseman6 (404 posts) -

I'm sure they are great games but I haven't felt the need or desire to play a Mario or Zelda game in years. The best Zelda game of the last 15 years is still Darksiders.

#26 Posted by Dalai (7040 posts) -

I just bought a 3DS a few days ago and I've been chipping away at Super Mario 3D Land so hopefully I can go straight to 3D World and Zelda right after that. Basically, Nintendo owns my wallet this month.

#27 Posted by slyspider (1284 posts) -

@hailinel: @hauntingthedark: I was worried this was somehow going to be like the elaborate spam that flooded the forums a while back. Carry on!

@clonedzero said:

@slyspider said:

Are you a cop? You have to tell me if you are.

Maybe, and god no i dont want to be a mod. Props to those that do it but going through and looking for bad threads to lock or delete sounds like hell to me.

#28 Posted by IIGrayFoxII (304 posts) -

@hauntingthedark: Don't you believe it is the opposite though? With the PS4 and Xbox One launches taking all video game coverage away from the two highest reviewed games on their respective systems?

I am not saying these games won't do well, Nintendo games always do, but I do believe these games (along with Mario Party and Tearaway) are not going to get the traction they would have if they had released earlier in the year.

#29 Posted by Optix12 (621 posts) -

The Bravely Default demo on the eshop has also got me very interested in that game as well (december 6th release in EU, wow I just looked up the release for America now and its in February? why?) as well as One piece romance dawn coming very soon. Im stuck between a new graphics card and a wii u

#30 Posted by Vinny_Says (5719 posts) -

Ya'll some bi-polar motherfuckers here on GB. You'll spend all your time shitting on nintendo for making the same tired old franchises again and again but as soon as a new one comes out and scores a 9 or above on metacritic all of a sudden everybody forgets everything and starts kissing nintendo's ass again, hailing them as the saviors of video games.

Why don't you just admit that you want more mario and zelda instead of acting like you're above them all the time....

Watch as you all fall back into the old routine of shitting on the WiiU until that fucking Yoshi game comes out next year.

#31 Posted by MEATBALL (3319 posts) -

Ya'll some bi-polar motherfuckers here on GB. You'll spend all your time shitting on nintendo for making the same tired old franchises again and again but as soon as a new one comes out and scores a 9 or above on metacritic all of a sudden everybody forgets everything and starts kissing nintendo's ass again, hailing them as the saviors of video games.

Why don't you just admit that you want more mario and zelda instead of acting like you're above them all the time....

Watch as you all fall back into the old routine of shitting on the WiiU until that fucking Yoshi game comes out next year.

Or maybe you're talking about two different groups of people?

#32 Posted by Nictel (2429 posts) -

Fix that Virtual Console.

#33 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2257 posts) -

I think Nintendo are assholes for releasing these two awesome games right when I receive my PS4 instead of last month when I was looking for games to play.

#34 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3882 posts) -

@meatball said:
@vinny_says said:

Or maybe you're talking about two different groups of people?

Pretty much. I assume they are going to make their good games.

My issue is that there isn't much else on the system and they split their efforts between Wii U and 3DS. Combined there are enough games to warrant a purchase from me but together it's not enough.

#35 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (620 posts) -

the eshop is getting zelda at midnight tonight. I'll be there

#36 Posted by Fattony12000 (7516 posts) -

#37 Posted by ripelivejam (4264 posts) -
#38 Edited by Fattony12000 (7516 posts) -

@fattony12000: good man! (read in richard nixon voice)

YAY!

Yes, I'm aware that the "D" looks like b. I couldn't figure out where else to put the swirl.

I'm shit.

SWORb GET!

#39 Edited by Mcfart (1658 posts) -

As good as those games are, they won't save the Wii U from Gamecube's fate.

#40 Posted by John1912 (1903 posts) -

Zelda seems good so far, buy fuck 2d level design platformers. Not fun, havent been since I was 15.

#41 Edited by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@john1912 said:

Zelda seems good so far, buy fuck 2d level design platformers. Not fun, havent been since I was 15.

Super Mario 3D World isn't a 2D platformer.

#42 Posted by planetfunksquad (463 posts) -

@vinny_says: People shit on Nintendo for badly using the same franchises over and over again. People want Zelda, they just don't want Skyward Sword Zelda. People want Mario, they just don't want New Super Mario Bros 2 Mario. It's not exactly the reusing of franchises, it's not understanding what people want from those franchises.

#43 Edited by John1912 (1903 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@john1912 said:

Its the 2D style layout. Mario 64 3D adventure or GTFO.

#44 Edited by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@john1912 said:

@hailinel said:

@john1912 said:

It's not a 2D-style layout, either. You're not running on a plane limited to the X and Y axis.

#45 Posted by John1912 (1903 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@john1912 said:

@hailinel said:

@john1912 said:

It's not a 2D-style layout, either. You're not running on a plane limited to the X and Y axis.

Sigh.... its done in the style of 2D level platformer, made in 3D. IE go from start to end in a side scrolling fashion, levels are short in the style of the old 2D style games. Its fucking old school 2D mario in 3D. I dont want levels that have no point other then to get to the flag in 2-4 mins.

#46 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@john1912 said:

@hailinel said:

@john1912 said:

@hailinel said:

@john1912 said:

Sigh.... its done in the style of 2D level platformer, made in 3D. IE go from start to end in a side scrolling fashion, levels are short in the style of the old 2D style games. Its fucking old school 2D mario in 3D. I dont want levels that have no point other then to get to the flag in 2-4 mins.

Getting to the flag isn't the only point. There are alternate routes and secrets to uncover and stars to find. And unlike a game like Super Mario 64, in whcih you repeatedly explore the same stages over and over to gather one star at a time, the stars in 3D World can be gathered on one trip, if you're good enough. And there's a lot of variety to the game just based on the number of stages and the challenges they present.

#47 Edited by KaneRobot (1676 posts) -

@mcfart said:

As good as those games are, they won't save the Wii U from Gamecube's fate.

The Gamecube and XBox were essentially tied for second place by the time their generation had ended. The Wii U won't even be within screaming distance of second place two years from now. Maybe not even a year from now.

#48 Posted by pyrodactyl (2177 posts) -

@toowalrus said:

If you do this Nintendo I'll buy 2 of each!

Pipe 3DS quicklooks on your TV screen and marvel at that pixelized mess and 6 polygon models. That machine isn't meant to display on a big screen.

#49 Edited by TooWalrus (13232 posts) -

@pyrodactyl: neither was the gameboy or GBA, but that didn't stop Nintendo.

#50 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@pyrodactyl: neither was the gameboy or GBA, but that didn't stop Nintendo.

The Game Boy and GBA each only have one screen to contend with. The 3DS has two screens with many games that depend on them being in the specific proximity to each other built into the unit.