• 152 results
#1 Edited by Fordroog (48 posts) -

My friend and I discussed this the other night, but it's extremely difficult to pick. I would love to hear other peoples choices

#2 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1933 posts) -

Skyrim as long as I had unlimited access to mods.

#3 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

Minecraft

#4 Posted by Fordroog (48 posts) -
#5 Posted by ViciousBearMauling (1247 posts) -

Street Fighter (3rd Strike or USF4)

#6 Edited by Corevi (4867 posts) -

Gotta go with Dota 2, it's far from my favourite game of all time but it would probably last me a long time.

Wait can I choose an upcoming game? Because if so then Persona 5.

#7 Posted by Illuminosopher (336 posts) -

I think I might go with animal crossing.

#8 Posted by Fordroog (48 posts) -

@viciousbearmauling: I just watched the 'more than a game' documentary tonight actually. HIGHLY recommend

#9 Posted by Sinusoidal (1806 posts) -
#10 Edited by Fordroog (48 posts) -

@corruptedevil: must still get around to trying Dota. I'm never really prepared for the massive learning curve however.

#11 Posted by Fordroog (48 posts) -

@corruptedevil: Haha of course. Was only looking into trying to get a copy of persona 4 golden actually. I must still play it.

#12 Posted by Tom_Scherschel (137 posts) -

A competitive online-multiplayer shooter. At this moment Battlefield 4. A couple months ago I would have said Titanfall but that game hasn't been able to hold me.

#13 Edited by Fordroog (48 posts) -
#14 Posted by RonGalaxy (3267 posts) -

There's no video game that I would want to play exclusively for the rest of eternity, so I would just give up video games entirely. Also, who is forcing this upon me if it happens? Fuck those people!

#15 Edited by FriendlyPhoenix (467 posts) -

The Witcher 3. I want to see how that story ends, and then I would give up games and find a new hobby.

#16 Edited by EdgarAllenPoe69 (48 posts) -

Kerbal Space Program, since I've hardly scratched the surface of what seems possible in that game, and it seems like it'll receive updates until the world ends.

#17 Posted by Tom_Scherschel (137 posts) -

@fordroog: I can't put my finger on it. For a while I was way into it, and I bought the DLC as soon as I could. I felt like the DLC maps weren't very good, and then I started getting bored. With CoD the maps are small enough that you are always getting into skirmishes, and to me that game almost feels like basketball; there's always something happening and the momentum shifts every couple of minutes. The maps in Titanfall suffer from being large enough to support titan combat which makes infantry level combat (which is more than half a match for most players) too spread out. Battlefield has always had this sense of teamwork to me that I never got from Titanfall, and the player count plus the number, the number and types of vehicles, and the spawn system means you are always seconds away from a fight, and the fights feel like they have meaning, and there is plenty of variety. Titanfall just started to feel stale, like I had seen everything there was to see. The biggest variable in the game is the burn cards, but their random nature and the way you will earn/stack a ton that don't fit your playstyle, even though you can dismiss them, didn't keep me wanting to play more.

#18 Posted by idoublespy (67 posts) -

@edgarallenpoe69: I completely agree.

However, to keep adding different titles to the list, Earthbound would be a good contender. Absolutely classic game that I find myself playing everyone year or so.

#19 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

At the moment it would be Warframe. I'm waiting for the stalker to find me. Some asshole that looks very similar to a Tenno(Warframe), but he hates Tenno's. You can get his attention by killing a boss. He'll randomly appear when you least expect it. This is how you know he's coming.

1. You'll hear his creepy theme song.

2. The atmosphere of the level gives an unsettling vibe.

and 3. He'll taunt you 3 times. Once he taunts you the third time he'll attempt to murder you. If your Warframe isn't strong enough you'll be dead in seconds, hell you won't have enough time to scream, but if you win you'll get blue prints to his weapons. I have one which is dread (A bow). I've manage to kill him before, but he can be a pain in the ass. There's no avoiding the stalker...no where to run, you'll either prevail or fail. I also like the fact the devs act like the Stalker doesn't even exist.

#20 Posted by Slag (4864 posts) -

DOTA the Second,

Just because it would easily last me the longest.

#21 Posted by SunBroZak (1354 posts) -

I could probably play The Binding of Isaac for a long, long time, so I'll go with that.

#22 Posted by HerbieBug (4208 posts) -

I dunno. Something with huge replay. I guess a good Chess game with solid AI opponent programming.

#23 Posted by JaredA (832 posts) -

Probably World of Warcraft.

#24 Posted by Mikemcn (7018 posts) -

Mount and Blade: Warband with mods.

#25 Posted by KaneRobot (1829 posts) -

I guess Rocksmith 2014 as long as I can bring along all DLC to keep it somewhat interacting.

If this were the Twilight Zone there would be some weird twist where I get the game, but immediately break my guitar and cannot get a replacement.

#26 Posted by TruthTellah (9472 posts) -

If I had someone else with me, I would choose Chess.

If it's just me, I would choose Tetris.

#27 Posted by Lost_Remnant (138 posts) -

Either Fallout 3 or New Vegas (preferably New Vegas) with access to mods would have to be mine.

#28 Posted by TheBlue (435 posts) -

That's a tough one. If it were a game on the PC that could be modded till the end of time, then this is an easy question. However, I don't really play any games like that. I guess Animal Crossing would fit the bill for a game that never ended.

Probably Super Metroid, though. I can always play Super Metroid.

#29 Posted by Krevee (52 posts) -

Probably an MMO of some sorts, the best time i've had with games has been playing with friends. I wish Star Wars Galaxies was still around, my friends and I had some much fun exploring the worlds in that game. Other than an MMO I think I would pick Fallout 3 or Skyrim with mod support.

#30 Posted by Morningstar (2240 posts) -

Smite.

#31 Edited by Baal_Sagoth (1290 posts) -

Under the stipulation that I'd be guaranteed the competitive community to go along with it indefinitely I'd choose BF Bad Company 2 since it's among the best multiplayer games ever made (though in reality it's not being played that much anymore even now). My current, realistic choice for competitive multiplayer would be SolForge.

Barring the easy, always repeatable MP choices the answer to everything is always Tetris, obviously.

#32 Posted by Fattony12000 (7565 posts) -

#33 Posted by theodacourt (546 posts) -

Dota 2....Dota 2 never changes.....

I'd go with that because I enjoy it as much now as when I started. My favourites are all single player games but aren't hugely replayable. Maybe I'd go with Dark Souls otherwise.

#34 Posted by nasp (418 posts) -

dark souls 2.

#35 Posted by mosespippy (4447 posts) -

There's no video game that I would want to play exclusively for the rest of eternity, so I would just give up video games entirely. Also, who is forcing this upon me if it happens? Fuck those people!

It's probably the Video Game Cops, which I guess would be employees of the Video Game King, so blame that guy.

I'd probably choose a racing game or Minecraft. If I had 11 people as good as me to play with then I'd say Motorstorm PR. I'm not the best, but I can hit my laps perfectly a good 60% of the time. In Motorstorm that's enough to cost you eight or nine places since one crash leads to more as you get caught by traffic. Someone is gonna have a flawless race, usually four or five people will. With the original 16 tracks and the 14 expansion tracks and eight vehicle classes there is definitely enough variety.

#36 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6146 posts) -

Starcraft: Brood War Circa 2000s community, Vagrant Story otherwise.

#37 Posted by Veektarius (5019 posts) -

Probably Medieval 2, Total War, though I say that more based on how I felt about that game at the time and less how I would feel about it now.

#38 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (3029 posts) -

...A little bit of laughs
A little bit of pain
I'm telling you, my babe
It's all in the game of love

#39 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5991 posts) -

Well, I'll be damned. I just had the idea for this thread yesterday and almost made one. Glad someone else did.

My answer is Pokemon Heartgold. I can play that game over and over and still have fun with it.

#40 Posted by LentFilms (223 posts) -

If I could only play one game for the rest of my life I would just stop playing video games and do something else with my time.

#41 Posted by Jayzilla (2571 posts) -

an mmo or a TES game.

#42 Edited by Entreri10 (243 posts) -

Probably Skyrim or Fallout 3 also tempted by FTL.

#43 Posted by BradBrains (1171 posts) -

a sports game of some sort.

maybe dota 2

#44 Edited by cashbasket (66 posts) -

River City Ransom. It is, ironically, the game that is least likely to make me "BARF!!!!!!!"

#45 Posted by von_wemberg (166 posts) -

Some kind of endless space game. FTL, Star Control 2, Starbound, Privateer or The Armada, Kerbal Space Program, No Man's Sky (if it will be the game that they say it will be, that is...)

Bottom line is, I don't know man!

#46 Posted by Nefarious_Al (175 posts) -

A fighting game most likely Guilty Gear or Street Fighter.

#47 Posted by TobbRobb (4843 posts) -

Dota or League for sure. To pick between them though.... I'm not so sure.

#49 Posted by PimblyCharles (1642 posts) -

I had to think really hard about this one, and feel pretty good with Saints Row 2 being the only game in my life.

#50 Posted by Hone_McBone (184 posts) -

It's got to be Dota 2, though Ultra Street Fighter 4 & Rocksmith 2014 come close.