• 146 results
#1 Edited by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -

To me, it's just about the toughest choice one could possibly make. I want to hear your thoughts on which game you would pick and why.

For myself, I am going to buy both, but if push came to shove and I HAD to pick...I'd go with Uncharted. I don't care about the Subway sponsorship beta. Naughty Dog is going to handle everything for the multiplayer and make it less ludicrous. Then you factor in the absolutely amazing single player campaign, untouchable graphics engine (that sand is unequivocally the most beautiful sand I've ever seen Lol), and being previously invested in the last two games....I have no choice but to go with this sequel over the latter. I love Batman and will most indubitably buy it on launch day (pre-ordered from Gamestop, so I just have to go pick it up at this point), but if only one...I must pick Uncharted.

Edit: If you don't have a PS3, this should CLEARLY not be for you. Lol, It's rather obvious, I thought.

#2 Posted by SadPatrol (499 posts) -

Uncharted 3!!!

#3 Posted by BaneFireLord (2907 posts) -

Batman, because I don't have a PS3.

#4 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

Arkham City all the way. I was unimpressed with Uncharted 2 and the story doesn't really interest me. So it is actually a no brainer.

#5 Posted by ShaggE (6292 posts) -

@BaneFireLord said:

Batman, because I don't have a PS3.

This. Also because Batman.

#6 Posted by Branthog (7340 posts) -

Uncharted, by a fucking mile. Since I don't have to choose, I'm getting both on their launch days, but if I had to pick, it's not even a contest. Batman was a fine enough game. It was certainly far better than any Batman game was expected to be. But it wasn't Uncharted. Plus, it's Batman and comic book games just don't do much for me.

#7 Posted by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

Can I choose to pick neither because neither one appeals to me in the slightest bit?

#8 Posted by Sackmanjones (4650 posts) -

There is only one correct answer and that is Uncharted 3. Hell even if you dont have a PS3 you should get Uncharted 3

#9 Posted by weegieanawrench (1934 posts) -

Batman, the choice has been made for me by not owning a PS3.

#10 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Uncharted 3, because I liked Uncharted 2 a lot more than Arkham Asylum. However, considering that I've played through UC2 three times, and Arkham Asylum once, I could see myself enjoying Arkham City more than UC3 this year. Uncharted's the safer bet, though.

#11 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

I like Batmanning more than Unchartering.

#12 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

Batman >>>>> Nathan Drake

Therefore Arkham City

#13 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Fuck I can't choose

#14 Posted by Knetic2341 (243 posts) -

Make this a poll! And Uncharted 3 for me, more time spent. Multiplayer was always fun for me to play.

#15 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

Batman because there is nothing else like it. Uncharted is another shooter that i wouldn't mind skipping.

#16 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Arkham City, because I loved Arkham Asylum more than I loved Uncharted 2.

#17 Posted by MightyDuck (1490 posts) -

I'm excited for Uncharted 3, but for some reason, I'm even more ready for Arkham City. Excited to pick it up on Tuesday.

#18 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

Well I've played less Uncharted then Batman, and for me story not action is what makes Batman so interesting so I'm more interested in Uncharted and the DC reboot then buying a game that while excellent sounds very similar to AS.

#19 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

The goddamn Batman.

#20 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11419 posts) -

Batman Batman Batman of course. Also, I don't have a PS3.

#21 Posted by BlinkyTM (1054 posts) -

@CL60 said:

Arkham City, because I loved Arkham Asylum more than I loved Uncharted 2.

Same here.

#22 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

Batman, even if i had a PS3 i would pick batman.

#23 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

I don't have a PS3, so the choice is obvious.

#24 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5796 posts) -

Batman.

Uncharted has failed to impress me so far, and Uncharted 3 doesn't look like it's going to change that.

#25 Posted by Tennmuerti (7956 posts) -
  1. Poll
  2. Batman
  3. Batman
#26 Posted by pyromagnestir (4195 posts) -

Like forever? Forever ever? Batman. Even though I'm getting Uncharted 3 day one and will be waiting to get Arkham City when it price drops, because I suspect Uncharted won't drop in price for a long time whilst I can see Batman being a 2 weeks post release Amazon deal for 40 bucks or something. Hopefully made even sweeter with some Amazon credit got from preordering Uncharted (Come on Amazon do it! Be fucking awesome like you always are!).

#27 Posted by klinkcow (251 posts) -

BOTH!!!

#28 Posted by Subjugation (4716 posts) -

Good luck, have Batman

#29 Posted by Chop (1991 posts) -

Uncharted, easily.

#30 Edited by Silver-Streak (1328 posts) -

There are no incorrect answers to this question. Those with PS3s can enjoy both great games, those without can enjoy at least one great game, those with PS3s who cannot afford both get to buy a single great game. NO WRONG ANSWERS.

#31 Posted by hoossy (932 posts) -

That's a really tough decision. So... I'll just have to get both. I think the story in Batman will be more interesting.

#32 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

I really loved Arkham Asylum, and I'm very much looking forward to Arkham City, but Uncharted 2 is my favourite game and I'd easily trade away the rest of 2011's releases for U3.

#33 Posted by Rerejo28 (135 posts) -

Uncharted! i hated Arkham Asylum... and Arkham City seems really similar...

#34 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10362 posts) -

Batman. As much as I love the Uncharted games, the more open nature just appeals to me more. Also, I've been a Batman fan for as long as I can remember. I've only been an Uncharted fan since 2007.

#35 Posted by face15 (1272 posts) -

I played Uncharted 2 9 times. 9.

And I put over 60 hours into the multiplayer.

...I choose Arkham City.

#36 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -

@Branthog:

I agree with you, for the most part. But I'm a nerd who is totally into Batman. Lol

#37 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -

@Red: I must concur with you on that. Batman WILL be fantastic. But I think Uncharted is just as much of a guarantee, if not more so.

#38 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

EASILY batman.

#39 Posted by Vinny_Says (5681 posts) -

Batman offers much more than an average 3rd person shooter....just sayin'

Uncharted does have great set pieces and nice graphics, but batman (which is a character I don't care for) lets me explore an open world, fight dudes, use wicked gadgets, creep around fools, investigate shit and whatever else Arkham City offers that wasn't in AA. But maybe I say that because I don't see the reason everyone would sell their own mother for a sequel to uncharted 2.

#40 Posted by NeVeRMoRe666 (262 posts) -

Hmm...tough. I enjoyed playing through Batman more, however I enjoy playing through the Uncharted series with my gf....

When in doubt, buy both!

#41 Posted by KZeni (87 posts) -

Uncharted 3. Without a doubt in my mind.

#42 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

Uncharted 3. I'll still grab Batman along the line though.

#43 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -

@Tennmuerti: I know! I'm sorry about the lack of a poll. Lol, I'm a noob to posting, so forgive me. Next time I do something like this, I will most indubitably use a poll.

@MooseyMcMan: I can definitely understand your reasoning behind that. That makes it a tough choice for me, for sure.

@face15: I laughed at this comment. Loudly. My mother stared at me with a face strongly resembling this: O_o

#44 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -

@Vinny_Says: I wouldn't sell my mother. But my grandmother....that's driving a hard bargain. And I understand your reasoning, but I personally don't agree with the perception that the Batman games have been open-world. This new one will be more so than the other, but the first gave the ILLUSION of an open-world. But I never felt like it truly was. Maybe I'm alone on that.

#45 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -

Uncharted cause it's better than Batman.

#46 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Uncharted 3, no contest.

I thought Arkham Asylum was awesome, but it's not as special to me the second time around. As Jeff said in the video review "Do you want more Batman? Go get more Batman" I personally don't want any more Batman right now. : )

#47 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

Uncharted 3. Batman AA was just so boring for me and Uncharted 1 and 2 where nothing more than perfect.

#48 Posted by ajamafalous (11809 posts) -

Easily Batman.

#49 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -

@Cloudenvy: I have to agree to a certain extent. I personally feel like I need more Batman, and I will next Tuesday. But Uncharted is just amazing, no way around that.

#50 Posted by JTMosh (257 posts) -

Batman. It's not even remotely close.