• 98 results
#1 Posted by chickdigger802 (502 posts) -

With the wii U coming around in the next year or so. I feel like it's a good time to ask this question.

If you can only choose 2 platforms (including pc), what would you choose?

With 3rd party caring about pc a lot more these past year or 2, I do think pc + Wii U would cover most areas of the 'ven diagram' of gaming. PC for the 'best' version of most 3rd party games and only missing a handful or so of 360/ps3 games, and get all the nintendo goodness that is guaranteed for the new system. The con is that jrpgs will be far and few, unless we start seeing some cool jrpg's on nintendo consoles again (Tales? baten kaitos? Good old gcn times).

So which 2 'platforms' would you pick and why?

#2 Posted by KaosAngel (13764 posts) -

PC and whatever Sony's current console at the time is.

#3 Posted by DystopiaX (5361 posts) -

PC 360. It would've been PS3 but I can't fucking stand that controller.

#4 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

PC PS3, what I have right now.

#5 Posted by Marokai (3150 posts) -

360 & Wii. For the same reasons you say with your PC-Wii argument. You cover most things with that. Sure, I miss out on some good Ps3 exlusives, but those are few and far between even if they are awesome, in the grand scheme of things, and I'd rather sacrifice a few Ps3 exclusives or superior Ps3 versions of a game instead of just leave the Wii out altogether and sacrifice an entire platform of games I pretty much can't get anywhere else.

#6 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

Up until yesterday I ran a PC/PS3 only household. Now a 360 has joined the family. But if my choice was limited to two, I'd give up the 360 again.

#7 Posted by Bigrhyno (505 posts) -

PC, PS3. I have those and a 360 right now, but a lot of my 360 games are multiplatform.

#8 Posted by Captain_Insano (1565 posts) -

PC and 360.

I own a PS3 as well but generally prefer the 360 exclusives and much prefer my 360 for multiplats.

However, whatever I can reasonably own I'm happy with. No particular 'alliance' for me.

#9 Edited by iDarktread (1189 posts) -

PC, DS Lite. PS3? Yeah, PC, PS3, but I would be a sad person.

#10 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

PC/PS3

#11 Posted by YoctoYotta (541 posts) -

Everyone has such good exclusives, I'd rather commit seppuku than choose two at the exclusion of others.

#12 Posted by CarpetRemnant (375 posts) -

I've currently just got a 360 and a 3DS and I'm doing ok with those.

#13 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

PC + PS3 = Best coverage of all games released. You'd only miss out on the blockbuster Microsoft titles like Halo and Gears of War.

But I want a Vita so bad!

#14 Posted by Master_Funk (741 posts) -

I already only have a PC and PS3.

#15 Posted by Jesus (1115 posts) -

PC

#16 Posted by BeachThunder (12434 posts) -

I already only have a PC and a DS.

A DS for my handheld gaming needs and a PC for everything else.

#17 Posted by FlamingHobo (4512 posts) -

PC and 360, same as I do now.

#18 Posted by Xtrminatr (263 posts) -

360 and PS3 (backwards compatible)

#19 Posted by WileyS (106 posts) -

360 for Rock Band, PS3 for most of the rest.

#20 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -

Xbox 360, because that is where all my friends play, and my iPhone, because without that thing I would have died of boredom at work a long time ago.

#21 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

PC, XBAWKS

#22 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -
@DystopiaX said:

You're wasting a pick, most 360 exclusives make their way to PC. I would think that to be the worst combination possible.
#23 Posted by Echo (391 posts) -

I can choose one. PC.

#24 Posted by President_Barackbar (3474 posts) -

@DystopiaX said:

PC 360. It would've been PS3 but I can't fucking stand the fact that I have to subscribe to PS+ for my games stay up to date in a reasonable fashion.

#25 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -

360 and Wii.

Both are backwards compatible so that's even more bang for my buck.

#26 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

PC and 360, what I have now

#27 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

PC and 360. Which is what I currently own. 

I'm original

#28 Posted by UnrealDP (1221 posts) -

PC and 360 since they both have the best online (Wii would be next on the list.....)
#29 Posted by onimonkii (2464 posts) -

sega saturn and pc

#30 Posted by MEATBALL (3496 posts) -

360 and *insert Nintendo home platform here* Ultimately I'm a console gamer at heart, it's just what I grew up with and I've never been able to own a PC that wasn't a complete fucking nightmare to have run consistently without any problems. The 360 is also probably my favourite system ever. I know the internet dictates that we're not supposed to like anything released after 2000 that much, but that's how I feel about it. WiiU because ultimately I always want to own a Nintendo system, I want to play the best of Nintendo's games no matter how disappointing or slow a release schedule the system might have.

#31 Posted by Liber (648 posts) -

PC and 360.

#32 Posted by FacestabMan (75 posts) -

PC and WiiU

That covers almost everything.

#33 Posted by captain_clayman (3328 posts) -
@yorro said:
PC and PS3, ultimate combination, which I already have. You only miss Halo and Gears of War.
and forza and alan wake and all those xbla games :C 

but yeah, PC/PS3 is definitely the way to go if you want a the most broad range of games to play.
#34 Edited by dagas (2930 posts) -

360/PS2, that's what I'm using now. (there is no backwards compatible PS3 here)

#35 Posted by Addfwyn (1947 posts) -

PS3 and PC. I just prefer doing my multiplat stuff on PS3, I prefer the controller, and the exclusives on the two platforms I generally favour PS3. Also I can import games from the US on the PS3 here, whereas i'd have to buy two 360s to do the same thing.

PC for Blizzard games, that's all.

#36 Posted by Mayu_Zane (621 posts) -

@xobballox said:

PC PS3, what I have right now.

Same.

#37 Posted by StrawHatLaw13 (166 posts) -

360 and PS3

#38 Posted by JoeyRavn (4983 posts) -

Well... I guess that I'd have to choose 360 (or whatever console Microsoft has at the moment) + Wii U. I would normally be contented with just my PC, but more and more games are kept exclusively on consoles, or come to PC as terribly shitty ports.

#39 Edited by Kyle (2325 posts) -

A year ago I probably would have said 360 and PS3, but I think now I would say 360 and PC.

The only thing I play on the PS3 is a few exclusives, and there's less and less that I want to play each year, while PC games seem to be making a bit of comeback. On top of that, I've just gotten into Steam way more than I had previously. Until previously Steam for me was basically just a Valve games platform with a handful of other stuff, but now that I've gotten into the sales (especially the holiday sales) I have like four times as many Steam games as I had last year.

#40 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Two PCs.

#41 Posted by rmanthorp (4059 posts) -

PC/360

#42 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

PC and 360, with a PS 3 hidden for the exclusives.

#43 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

Of all time, or just current gen? Of all time I'd probably go for SNES and PS2. Current gen I'd probably go for PC and 360.

#44 Posted by Vexxan (4614 posts) -

@DystopiaX said:

This. I think the triggers on PS3 are the worst :<

#45 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Pc + pc

#46 Posted by Inkerman (1455 posts) -

PC PS3/Sony's current console is the correct answer.

#47 Posted by ChickenPants (934 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:

PC and whatever Sony's current console at the time is.

#48 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (320 posts) -

PC and PS3.

I don't really care about the majority of the 360's or Wii's exclusives. Last year it might have been 360/PS3 but since then I've upgraded my PC and I have a hell of a lot of catching up to do.

#49 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

PC + PS3 that's fully backwoods compatible

#50 Posted by PenguinDust (12639 posts) -

PC and PS3 because (a) Uncharted, (b) Mass Effect is on PC, (c) Blu-Ray movies, and (d) the Playstation Media Server.