#1 Posted by BigJeffrey (5178 posts) -

This is primarily so that you can watch cable TV and the like within Xbox One's interface, switching instantly between third-party programming and your apps and games, but according to Microsoft's senior director of product management and planning Albert Penello, there's no reason you couldn't plug in another console.

"Any application can be snapped to a game...this could be the live TV feed, so if you wanted to be playing Ryse and Killzone at the same time, you could snap that,"

You can run a PS4 through your Xbox One, says Microsoft

For those getting both at launch and are crazy, plug it in the back of the One. I guess i'll be using that port for my 360.

#2 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3780 posts) -

Ooh, neat! That'd be pretty cool plugging in a Wii U so you can snap back to Dragon Warrior and... Oh, well.. :/

Still cool.

#3 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2591 posts) -

I wonder what the display lag would be like - there would have to be some if the box is rendering out its UI overlay.

Still, useful for those out there with limited HDMI ports and multiple next gen consoles. Though I'd personally run my 360 through my (eventual) xbone - the tvtvtv stuff doesn't work here anyway.

#4 Edited by Sammo21 (3550 posts) -

I don't really have a reason to do this. I suppose if you had a lack of HDMI ports on the back of your TV but at that point just invest in a decent HDMI splitter or box.

#5 Posted by ShaggE (6700 posts) -

Question is, how many Ones can be daisy chained together, and what would the cumulative effect be? Just worse and worse input lag?

#6 Edited by Bollard (5845 posts) -

@shagge said:

Question is, how many Ones can be daisy chained together, and what would the cumulative effect be? Just worse and worse input lag?

Now you're thinking with portals.

#7 Posted by CptBedlam (4457 posts) -

"so if you wanted to be playing Ryse and Killzone at the same time, you could snap that"

I'm pretty sure I can only play one game at a time, MS. This "feature" is therefore completely worthless to me.

#8 Posted by Bicycle_Repairman (223 posts) -

So the new Xbox campaign is: Buy our box, your PS4 will work fine with it. Looks like someone read some bad numbers.......

#9 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

Wait, that image makes me wonder what happens when you plug Sonic & Knuckles into Sonic & Knuckles...

#10 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

that picture is amazing

#11 Edited by CaLe (4052 posts) -

My TV only has 2 HDMI ports so this is great. I do have both consoles pre-ordered... because... games.

#12 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

You can also do that on a VCR.

#13 Posted by super2j (1790 posts) -

How much you wanna bet that at some point someone will patch out the ability to connect the PS4. I could see this being cool for connecting a pc.

#14 Posted by Humanity (10079 posts) -

Sounds neat and it's pretty surprising someone from Microsoft would openly suggest connecting specifically a Sony console.

#15 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4610 posts) -

Yo Dawg I heard

#16 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I bought a receiver that has 6 HDMI outputs. Wonder how that fucks things up.

#17 Posted by Carryboy (738 posts) -

Would that cause lag though?

#18 Posted by MikeJFlick (444 posts) -

How? the Xbone will still be on the shelf since I have no intention on getting it, NICE TRY MICROSOFT. =)

#19 Edited by Forcen (1856 posts) -

Looking forward to youtube videos of this.