#1 Edited by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

I'm just looking for a good game to play. Any console. I plays most of the big games such a cod, Mario, Zelda, minecraft, pokemon, etc. but I'm looking for that hidden treasure. Games that aren't really known but you duders really enjoyed.

To help with recommending here's are a list of games I played and enjoyed.

• Pokemon
  • Pikmin
  • Call of Duty
  • Viva Piante
  • Fable
  • Zelda
  • Mario games
  • minecraft
  • Resident Evil

Assume I played the series and there's probably more than I have listed.

#2 Posted by Nightriff (5152 posts) -

Darksiders, GO!

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (15017 posts) -
@SexyToad Binary Domain if you haven't done that. Uh....If your down with JRPGs I'd suggest Resonance of Fate.
#4 Posted by Willtron (243 posts) -

This would be much easier if you told us which games you own, or have played in the last few months.

Anyway, Viva Pinata is fucking dope.

#5 Posted by kindgineer (2769 posts) -

AirMech is a lot of fun if you're into the whole MOBA genre.

#6 Posted by 49th (2783 posts) -

Super Meat BOY

#7 Posted by JaredA (826 posts) -

I just played through Alice: Madness Returns. I really enjoyed it, but before you decide just know that it's a little too long.

#8 Posted by OldGuy (1567 posts) -

Enslaved

#9 Posted by McBEEF (360 posts) -

The Darkness (The first one, not the cell-shaded sequel)

#10 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

I second Darksiders and The Darkness series.

#11 Posted by MisterSamMan (365 posts) -

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale.

#12 Edited by xyzygy (10030 posts) -
#13 Posted by Demoskinos (15017 posts) -
@SexyToad Oh! Just remembered. Folklore for the PS3. Only game I ever played I felt used the sixaxis for something decent. Fun game.
#14 Edited by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

I'v said this several times. Vanquish.

Edit: And Darksiders. Really good game.

#15 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

ssx , new one.

#16 Posted by AlexW00d (6303 posts) -

Europa Universalis 3.

#17 Posted by Demoskinos (15017 posts) -
@iam3green

ssx , new one.

I dont know If I'd honestly recommend that now. The player base has fallen way off. Its a fun game but the online score chasing stuff is what was really neat and made it worth coming back to.
#18 Posted by believer258 (11992 posts) -

Dead Space isn't anything close to "under the radar" or "obscure"; however, you didn't list it and you did list Resident Evil. If you liked Resident Evil, and more specifically RE4, then you'll probably like Dead Space if you haven't played it already.

You also said "Mario games"; to that end, I'll suggest the Jak and Daxter collection. More specifically, the first game is what you would get if you smashed Super Mario 64 and Crash Bandicoot together. As far as "gather x number of y" 3D platformers go, it's a damned good one and it still looks pretty good these days thanks to its cartoony graphics. Jak 2 and 3 still have cartoony graphics but are more like GTA in structure and are darker in tone. They're still great games, so I still recommend them. Again, not exactly a series that flew under the radar.

In the same vein, there are the Ratchet and Clank games. Again, not under the radar, but if you haven't played them then get them. They're like Spyro, only with better controls and more dakka. LOTS. MORE. DAKKA.

Finally, if you've played Minecraft then you probably ought to get around to playing Terraria. The two are very different examples of the same idea.

#19 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

If you're a fan of Penny Arcade, or even if you aren't, the Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness games are pretty good. Especially the most recent one.

Otherwise, looking through my crate of games, I'd second Darksiders, and recommend Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon because of its great story. Or play/replay Borderlands in anticipation of wimoweh.

And while I'm here, I will re-iterate the notion that Viva Piñata is a sick game, and you should probably just play that again. Get that worm concentration camp in full gear!

#20 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@SexyToad: Dark Chronicle.

#21 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1258 posts) -

Persona 4

#22 Posted by OldGuy (1567 posts) -
Amped 3. Sure, the game is... well it's good (not great)... but the story stuff that connects it all is... super

(or you could just watch the quick look - but it's better if you play it...)
#23 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

Gonna say this again: Vanquish! Should be cheap now. Don't know where you live but its bins cheap here(15 translated bucks) and you will never miss that money.

#24 Posted by Hunter5024 (5810 posts) -

I think based on the games you like that you should give Super Meat Boy and Darksiders a shot.

#25 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1020 posts) -
#26 Posted by Slay3r1583 (625 posts) -
#27 Posted by natetodamax (19212 posts) -

I've been playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution lately and I love it. It's not an unknown game, certainly, but it's worth playing.

#28 Posted by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

If you are looking for a game with a good narrative i would suggest either the Witcher or Red Dead Redemption.

#29 Posted by Kraznor (1585 posts) -

Skyrim. See you in a year or so.

#30 Posted by MorbidYak (10 posts) -

If you want a quirky/weird game that most people missed I recommend Chibi Robo!

Youtube video of gameplay

#31 Edited by mr187uk (131 posts) -

I'm hooked on Disgaea 3 at the moment (PS Vita, but on PS3 too) and Rainbow Moon is also doing its fair share of sucking my free time away.

#32 Posted by amir90 (2168 posts) -

Darksiders, Vanquish, Dead Space, Bayonetta, Devil May Cry.

#33 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1481 posts) -

@JaredA: I actually wish the game was longer, just that the Dollhouse would be like, half as long

#34 Posted by JaredA (826 posts) -

@OwnlyUzinWonHan: Fair enough, but if it was any longer they would have to make the combat deeper, add more weapons, and really flesh out the upgrade system.

#35 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

It's been two pages and nobody's tossed out RapeLay? You guys sicken me.