• 60 results
#1 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

You don't have to mention any names. But I'm curious to know if someone manage to piss you off, and somehow you ended up arguing on the site. The last time I can remember having an online argument was about Dante's design for the new DMC game. I pretty much thought that Dante looked emo and gay at the time. Someone took offensive of what I said and decided to call me out. I don't like arguing on the internet in general. But this person manage to get under my skin, and we got into a small argument.

#2 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

Yes. But I often start writing a post and then I say...no, it's not worth it. People don't have to know that I disagree with this person, and I don't feel confident enough in my debating abilities that I want to make a thing out of this.

Sometimes I just feel like posting my thoughts, so I do - consequences be damned. I usually try to just ignore the replies because like I said: Not the best debater over here.

It only gets to me when it's about real issues (never video games), but things like gun control and religion and what have you. Some people just...some people.

Oh, and people that don't understand the difference between fact and opinion, and that my opinion can differ from yours without being wrong. What's up with that?

#3 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Not really no. I know I'm right and the other guy is wrong, and he knows he's right and that I'm wrong, so why waste time telling each other we are wrong? It never goes anywhere.

#4 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@crusader8463 said:

Not really no. I know I'm right and the other guy is wrong, and he knows he's right and that I'm wrong, so why waste time telling each other we are wrong? It never goes anywhere.

crusader is a badass like that.
#5 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

Pretty much. A person will get into a argument that will just never end sometimes. Two people can have a different opinion about things, and they will keep trying there hardest just to prove each other wrong. Sometimes it can be funny to watch.

#6 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I love to get into arguments but it often ends up badly anyway. 
Most people cannot put themselves into someone else's shoes or understand there's more to life than their own experiences. 
Sucks to be them, for sure, but I ain't taking time and wasting it on them.

#7 Posted by AssInAss (2615 posts) -

Sometimes, you just have to write it out then delete it, very therapeutic:

#8 Posted by StarvingGamer (8135 posts) -

Yep, because what else am I going to do during my downtime at work?

Also it's hard to resist the urge when I know someone is objectively wrong.

#9 Posted by Seedofpower (3928 posts) -

Meh, not really. Nothing I would call "heated."

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

All the time. Hell, I did it last night.

#11 Posted by Yummylee (21496 posts) -

Sure, not so much name-calling left and right, but stuff where it... I dunno, kinda becomes more in-depth and the arguments may turn into 'quoting line by line'. Some of which I've considered were fair discussions, though there's also been plenty of people leaping at me because I happened to dislike a game they're unapologetic fanboys for. Or when I'd call out a fanboy for being a fanboy and, well, that never goes anywhere productive. Sometimes I definitely need to show some damn restraint, though. There's been a few too many occasions where I'll just blow my top - often because of the natural lack of empathy people fail to have that just comes with the territory of this being the internet. Oh, but of course I still admit that I've acted like a complete asshat many a time as well.

Frankly internet arguments are kind of exhausting, especially when it evolves into incredibly long replies made up of 8 paragraphs each. It's often never worth it, either. No matter who 'wins' the discussion.

#12 Posted by Draugen (636 posts) -

Meh. I'll gladly express my opinion, but arguing with complete strangers over subjects that usually are petty and asinine if you step back for a moment?

Not worth anyone's time.

#13 Posted by JeanLuc (3579 posts) -

I can only recall one real major one. It was about Dragon Age II. I was trying to be polite and offer a different opinion while still respecting his but he wouldn't have any of that. He tried his damnedest to make sure his opinion was right and insult me as much as possible. What a prick.

#14 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Plenty of times. Which is funny because I dont actually care and forget about it or am too lazy to continue halfway through.

#15 Edited by SaFt (383 posts) -

Never. But i don't really post all that much.

#16 Posted by SSValis (1136 posts) -

A few times. I really only get heated when people make it personal or generalize.

#17 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

I don't think so. I've posted in heated topics, but once I turned, I dunno, sixteen (or once i bailed on comicvine) I stopped getting mad at things I saw on forums.

#18 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

No (at least I think I haven't here), also is never worth it, why? because no one likes to lose an argument and everyone wants to have the last word just so they can say in their heads "yeah! I totally got him I'm smarter than you" , there are those who held their postion in a higher ground than everyone else because somehow they are right, at beast you'll end with an agree to disagree scenario, and the worst thing about it you gain nothing other than getting upset because you read something you didn't like. Once I realize that I stoped getting into arguments with people on the internet.

#19 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

NOPE.

#20 Posted by Humanity (9050 posts) -

No, it's never an argument, it's just me proving how undeniably wrong the other person is.

#21 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

I didn't think I did but a mod warned me to chill out in a thread once. On the plus side, I got quest progress out of it thanks to my post being quoted by the mod.

#22 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:

I didn't think I did but a mod warned me to chill out in a thread once. On the plus side, I got quest progress out of it thanks to my post being quoted by the mod.

I just got some quest progress of people viewing my profile recently. As soon as they look at it all there going to see is clowns.

#23 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

On other forums, yes. But on here most people share the same sense of humour as me so they can tell when I'm joking.

#24 Posted by PenguinDust (12491 posts) -

Nah, I'm pretty open-minded and I respect other people's opinions even if I don't agree with them. Mostly though, it just seems like such a complete waste of energy.

#25 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5141 posts) -

Not really, I learned a long time ago that neither side can win an argument on the internet because there is no way any of the parties involved will change their mind, so I just ignore it and move on with my life.

#26 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

I'm a cool guy to get along with most of the time. Every now and then I might post something idiotic just to get a rise out of people. That's just me being immature at times just for laughs. But anyway I don't like having conflict or personal grudges with people. Because in the end I don't actually know them, and it will be silly to have an argument with someone over the internet that I don't know. If I ever feel like a conversation is leading to a heated debate.

Then I will just stop talking to the person, or say something to get them to calm down. In the end will all joined the site for fun. Its best not to take everything seriously over what someone says.

#27 Posted by Trilogy (2648 posts) -

The majority of "arguments" I've gotten into on this site have been pretty level headed and well spoken on all sides. In retrospect it's been pretty nice, actually.

#28 Posted by Anund (881 posts) -

A couple of times because apparently people still believe in God. I try to be understanding and accepting, I really do. It's just so hard.

#29 Posted by JasonR86 (9657 posts) -

No, not really. I've been irritated by some members and felt overwhelmed by the apparent lack of thought shown by others but I've never been legitimately mad with someone and actually gotten into a big argument. It wouldn't solve anything. We're on an online forum. What could possibly happen that would be worth such an effort?

#30 Posted by Bleeble (95 posts) -

Yeah, but then I stabbed him.

#31 Posted by believer258 (11785 posts) -

Sometimes, but I always try to be at least a little bit respectful of the other person and think things through. Of course I've had some angry and confrontational posts in the past, so it doesn't always come across that way. It's also sometimes hard to convey a good argument without sounding angry or like an asshole.

#32 Posted by Village_Guy (2544 posts) -

I don't think so. A couple of times people have been "attacking" me or otherwise made an opening for a so-called "heated argument". But I'm cool, it doesn't bother me and if I can't find a reasonable way to respond, then I don't answer at all.

It is the mantra of the Brony community after all.

Tolerate and Love, bitches.
#33 Posted by Jerr (531 posts) -

I wouldn't say argument, insomuch as a debate. In that I respected the other's opinions, yet tried to refute them; not argue about trivial shit.

#34 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

I've had people get upset with something I've said, but they're idiots or have anger issues.

#35 Posted by Milkman (16645 posts) -

Yeah, a few. Does anything good ever come of it? No but it entertains me so whatever.

#36 Posted by Jrinswand (1703 posts) -

I tend not to get into arguments simply because I've been around message boards long enough to know that people tend to believe that they're always right and rarely, if ever, concede that this may not be the case 100% of the time. That said, I do tend to express unpopular opinions occasionally, such as when I recently stated that 8-4 Play isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Mostly, though, I just don't like to feed trolls.

#37 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

I think people have gotten into arguments with me quite often. I think I have yelled at each member once on here. Just so I can say it now. I apologize greatly to anyone I gave a headache to!

I love you all no matter how much I yell or you yell at me!

#38 Posted by pyromagnestir (4291 posts) -

No. Why? You got a problem with that?

#39 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

@Jay444111 said:

I love you all no matter how much I yell or you yell at me!

That is a manly statement.........

#40 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Village_Guy said:

Tolerate and Love, bitches.

I thought this was the Brony Mantra.

#41 Posted by Hunter5024 (5612 posts) -

I argue a lot, because I love it, but idk if I've ever had a "heated" argument online. That implies anger I think, and I'm never angry when I argue unless its with someone really close. I was in an argument on here once that I thought was really annoying however, it wasn't even about anything I think is relevant, its just because the user in question was (is) the worst.

#42 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Uh, when am I never not in some intense argument on Giant Bomb?

#43 Posted by Village_Guy (2544 posts) -

@Video_Game_King:

Nah, though I did find the Ren and Stimpy-style .mov movies entertaining enough and we do enjoy needless profanity, violence and general ridiculousness. At heart we are a loving and kind breed, that will fucking murder you in your sleep if you get on our bad side.

That is what forgiveness and toleration is all about after all, isn't it? :D

#44 Posted by aurahack (2270 posts) -

Everyone's opinion in this thread sucks.

#45 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -
@Draugen

Meh. I'll gladly express my opinion, but arguing with complete strangers over subjects that usually are petty and asinine if you step back for a moment?

Not worth anyone's time.

#46 Posted by JEC03 (898 posts) -

I hate Drama I try to avoid it as much as possible.

#47 Posted by Ben_H (3341 posts) -
@wmaustin55 said:
@Draugen

Not worth anyone's time.

Yep. Dude once sent me a nasty PM saying I was wrong about something and called names and whatnot so I just told him to chill out, and promptly deleted the message. If someone gets that mad over a stupid online discussion with strangers then I don't want to have anything to do with them because obviously they have bigger issues that they need to get sorted out.
#48 Posted by laserbolts (5317 posts) -

@Napalm said:

Uh, when am I never not in some intense argument on Giant Bomb?

wanna fight about it?

#49 Posted by Akyho (1597 posts) -

@AssInAss said:

Sometimes, you just have to write it out then delete it, very therapeutic:

Yeah that is something I have started doing in the last two years. Youtube comments, forum posts. Its great. I sadly wish I had done it 4 years ago with an ex.....lets just say the words "Crazy Bitch" was used 20 times together.....and there was threats of police.

I try not to get into arguments. I only argue when there is TRUTH. I will not change or debate peoples opinions. Its wrong to. However when pople are morons and dont listen to Truth. Then I give up when it goes to far.

12 years of the internet has taught me these things. It just seems a long time to learn it.

#50 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

No because the dumb comments only really come from the newer users so I usually ignore them