You Ever Got Into A Heated Argument On GiantBomb?

• 60 results
Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Ares42

I get in discussions, but rarely heated discussions. Usually when I get to the point where I'm thinking "you're a fucking jackass" etc while writing a reply by the time I finish writing it I just don't post it and move on. It's easy to get caught in the moment, but ultimately trying to be "right" on the Internet is pointless. Internet discussions where you're actually not entirely convinced yourself and trying to figure things out can be interesting, but when it gets to the point of "you're wrong and I'm right" it's just over. I have had some pretty heated discussions in MMOs though, but that's sort of another beast.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By awesomeusername

I thought you mean debate wise. But still, yes I have. It was when I was new to the site and interwebs. Like everyone else said, I and everyone else thinks they're always right. I'm not like that anymore. But when people do try and call me out, I just say fuck off and start ignoring. I know a certain person on this site who has got to be the worst person here. He literally curses at everyone he talks to because he's an idiot. Plain and simple.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Spoonman671

I've certainly been stupid enough to argue on the internet before, but I don't think I ever did it on Giant Bomb.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SexyToad

No

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By xMP44x

From memory I haven't actually been in an argument with anyone else on Giant Bomb. I seem to manage to just skirt around the fringe of the community when it comes to drama like that. I've interacted with people and we have discussed views, but I don't think I've ever actually had a proper argument with anyone on here. I suppose that is testament to the community though.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Galiant said:

Yes. But I often start writing a post and then I say...no, it's not worth it. People don't have to know that I disagree with this person, and I don't feel confident enough in my debating abilities that I want to make a thing out of this.

Sometimes I just feel like posting my thoughts, so I do - consequences be damned. I usually try to just ignore the replies because like I said: Not the best debater over here.

It only gets to me when it's about real issues (never video games), but things like gun control and religion and what have you. Some people just...some people.

Oh, and people that don't understand the difference between fact and opinion, and that my opinion can differ from yours without being wrong. What's up with that?

Pretty much this. People will often disagree with things I have to say, and I can typically reason a rebuttal that effectively argues against their position. But at some point it comes down to considering what you're even arguing for. It's a big sign of maturity to be able to say your peace and walk away confident that you don't need to defend it to every detractor. It's also a big sign of immaturity to get into an unreasoned ad hominem internet shouting match. Which happens too much on these boards.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By awesomeusername

@Jay444111 said:

I think people have gotten into arguments with me quite often. I think I have yelled at each member once on here. Just so I can say it now. I apologize greatly to anyone I gave a headache to!

I love you all no matter how much I yell or you yell at me!

We never argued before so.. umm...... FUCK YOU DOUCHEBAG! YOUR AVATAR SUCKS!! BRING IT ON!!!

BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Jay444111

@awesomeusername said:

@Jay444111 said:

I think people have gotten into arguments with me quite often. I think I have yelled at each member once on here. Just so I can say it now. I apologize greatly to anyone I gave a headache to!

We never argued before so.. umm...... FUCK YOU DOUCHEBAG! YOUR AVATAR SUCKS!! BRING IT ON!!!

BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you to good buddy!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By zeforgotten

Not from my end, no. 
I guess someone might have gotten up in arms about something I said but I don't think I cared. 
I thought about it for a second and now I'm positive that I never cared. 

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By awesomeusername

@Jay444111 said:

@awesomeusername said:

@Jay444111 said:

BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you to good buddy!

No no no. You're supposed to say fuck off fagbag. You're such a loser twathead, blablabla. etc.etc. Come on man. I want to be able to say I argued with Jay444111. Everyone's doing it nowadays.