• 51 results
Posted by AcidBrandon18 (651 posts) 7 months, 18 days ago

You guys getting that Wind Waker WiiU? (146 votes)

Yes, seems like a good deal. 23%
No, I'm an early adopter and already have a WiiU. 27%
No, I have no intention of ever owning a WiiU. 20%
No, I'm saving the money for a PS4/XboxOne/New Graphics card. 31%

That Wind Waker WiiU looks pretty cool and Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game. I was wondering if anyone else plans on getting one.

#1 Posted by msavo (7521 posts) -

The system bundle? No since I already have a Wii U. Might get the game though.

#2 Edited by Morningstar (2042 posts) -

No, have no interest in that game. Will get a WiiU eventually though, another price cut or some more games would do it for me.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (34571 posts) -

If I can't figure out how to rip my copy of Wind Waker for emulation purposes, then sure, why the hell not?

#4 Posted by DonutFever (3513 posts) -

I'm not sure yet, but there's a good chance I will. Wiill. Whatever.

#5 Edited by Pr1mus (3512 posts) -

No, I have no intention of ever owning a WiiU and I'm saving the money for a PS4/New Graphics card.

Also i hate every 3D Zelda games they've put out, including Ocarina of Time so there's that too.

#6 Edited by jimmyfenix (3673 posts) -

Nope.

#7 Posted by ArbitraryWater (10981 posts) -

Eventually, but a HD remake of the Zelda game least needing a HD remake (also a game I already own) does not exactly scream "System Seller", even for the reduced price.

I still theoretically want to purchase a PS3 somewhere down the road so I can pick up a couple exclusives that I've missed, so that takes priority over a console that has, at most, a handful of games I find mildly interesting (Monster Hunter, ZombiU).

#8 Edited by Nux (2205 posts) -

I'm thinking about. If I were to get a Wii U this is the game I'd get one for.

#9 Posted by Uirado (3 posts) -

I'd like to get a Wii U but maybe next year. I bought a 3DS XL and a good amount of games this month. The game I'm most looking forward to on Wii U is X by Monolith Soft.

PS4 is the next big purchase.

#10 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1346 posts) -

There's no option for "No, I intend to buy a Wii U, but an HD remake isn't going to push me over the line".

I like The Wind Waker a lot (look at my avatar!), and I look forward to eventually getting a Wii U and playing it again, but I'm not going to spend $300 for it. A strong selection of good, exclusive, original games are what's going to make me get a Wii U. The current selection isn't doing it for me, especially since I've got a wealth of cheap current-gen (including Wii!) games piled up.

As much as I like Nintendo and am sick of the negativity about them, it's pretty sad that their big holiday bundle is an HD remake of a 2003 game.

#11 Edited by isomeri (1170 posts) -

I do have a distant and theoretical interest in the Wii U, but it would need more games than a new Zelda as well as a hardware revision and further price cut for me to jump on board. My gaming priorities lie with the Xbox One, PS4, a new GPU and the Oculus Rift in that order.

#12 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2149 posts) -

Nope. The $50 price drop isn't enough.

#13 Edited by DarthOrange (3495 posts) -

I already have a Wii U.

#14 Edited by slyspider (1027 posts) -

I'm interested... Maybe.

#15 Edited by spankingaddict (2646 posts) -

No . I already own a WiiU . But I would've waited if I'd known about this bundle two months ago .

BTW , The Wind Waker is the greatest game .

#16 Edited by alanm26v5 (409 posts) -

Edit: I misread the question. I own a Wii U already.

#17 Posted by Tireyo (6382 posts) -

Played the original already, and I have a WiiU.

#18 Posted by RedLoopz (136 posts) -

No, either getting a PC or importing a PS4 since its region free an wont be in my country. Hopefully i might import by christmas. Who knows

#19 Posted by RedLoopz (136 posts) -

No, either getting a PC or importing a PS4 since its region free an wont be in my country. Hopefully i might import by christmas. Who knows

#20 Edited by MattyFTM (14238 posts) -

If it was platinum like the Wind Waker GameCube, I'd consider it. But no.

#21 Posted by davidwitten22 (1699 posts) -

If I was to get a new console in the next year it would probably be the windwaker Wii U.

But I probably won't.

#22 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2167 posts) -

I already have a Wii U so no but I will be picking up the game regardless, seems kinda weird that the bundle is the same price as the Premium bundle, will it be a 32GB unit that comes with the new bundle?

#23 Posted by Linkster7 (1002 posts) -

It love to get it if I didn't already have one. I really wished I just waited for this.
Buying a second Wii U is just too far...too far.

#24 Posted by SMTDante89 (2470 posts) -

It's tempting.

#25 Edited by bigjeffrey (4151 posts) -

Nah, don't care for Nintendo games.

#26 Posted by Video_Game_King (34571 posts) -

It love to get it if I didn't already have one. I really wished I just waited for this.

Buying a second Wii U is just too far...too far.

I know how you feel. I got a 3DS just for Fire Emblem: Awakening....shortly before Nintendo announced a 3DS just for Fire Emblem: Awakening.

#28 Edited by Zor (653 posts) -

I was thinking about it, but then i saw the game bundle (with ganon figure) and well... now i am not sure which one to get.

#29 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2138 posts) -

If I did, it would be like when I got my Gamecube with the Zelda Collectors disc. Not nearly as awesome, but you know.

But the answer is a probable no, as apparently it is only available at Gamestop. (Nearest one is an hour away)

Edit: Apparently it will be available at other retailers too. Still probably won't get it though.

#30 Edited by abara (218 posts) -

oh man, that gamepad with the zelda squiggles tho

I find it to be Pretty Hot And Tempting

#31 Posted by Seppli (9724 posts) -

Nope. I already played and finished Windwaker on GameCube. It's neiter my favorite, nor is it the direction I want for Zelda. That target trailer Nintendo showed when it announced the Wii U is more like it though. Either way, right now I don't want a Wii U, it has no games I want to play - other than a handful of Wii classic, but I still got tons of PSP classics to play, before I'd consider switching my retro gaming time budget to Wii U.

Between the PS4 and PC, I neither need or want a Wii U. If there is a game that hits my niche so completely, that I just can't live without Wii U anymore, I'll get one. Not sooner, not later. Windwaker HD isn't it. Anyways, the Xbox One would come way before that, for it already has more games I want to play.

#32 Posted by TheMathlete (308 posts) -

It is very tempting. I'm considering it with Rayman Legends and the Wonderful 101 coming out just before it.

#33 Posted by geirr (2372 posts) -

Noo, no no. No intentions of getting a WiiU, ever. That sensor bar is pure hatred.

Played this game way too much on Gamecube many a year ago and I played Wind Waker @ 1080p via Dolphin which was pretty sweet; not to say that's the same thing as this remake.

#34 Posted by Castiel (2415 posts) -

Wind Waker might be a really great game, but I still find it kinda sad that the best thing WiiU has going for it is a re-release of an old Gamecube game.

Nintendo, if you want WiiU to succeed then show to me that you care! Fight goddammit. I really don't get Nintendo, it's a game company first and foremost, something that neither Sony or Microsoft is, yet they seem to be the ones that care the least about it.

#35 Posted by Clonedzero (3714 posts) -

I don't have a WiiU and i'm not going to buy one for a rerelease of a game.

Get your shit together nintendo, this is depressing. In 5-10 years i wanna buy a nintendo console for my hypothetical kid. At this rate you wont exist anymore.

#36 Posted by Hailinel (22668 posts) -

@geirr said:

Noo, no no. No intentions of getting a WiiU, ever. That sensor bar is pure hatred.

The sensor bar isn't required to play Wii U games.

#37 Posted by Nictel (2312 posts) -

No already played it enough and unfortunately they are not adding new dungeons so no. Though that limited edition WiiU looks nice.

#38 Edited by thatdutchguy (1216 posts) -

Nope.

I started hating Nintendo´s home consoles when the Wii launched.

Big fan of the 3DS though.

#39 Posted by ryanwhom (290 posts) -

Did they do nothing to adjust the pace of the last 3rd of the game? Cus one of the main things I was excited about was they had an opportunity to fix the latter end of this game and maybe have the best Zelda of all time.

#40 Edited by GERALTITUDE (2804 posts) -

I will, but not until Summer 2014 or later.

#41 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I'd be more tempted if it was bundled with a physical copy. Or if it still came with Nintendoland as well. Maybe that's weird, I dunno.

#42 Posted by DarthOrange (3495 posts) -

Get your shit together nintendo, this is depressing. In 5-10 years i wanna buy a nintendo console for my hypothetical kid. At this rate you wont exist anymore.

lol

#43 Posted by JJOR64 (18782 posts) -

@funkasaurasrex: don't blame you. Retail games just take up too much space on the Wii U.

#44 Edited by Taku128 (723 posts) -

You really need an option for being interested in a Wii U but not that bundle. It comes with a download code and I don't want 1/3rd of the harddrive taken up by the game. I'm going to get the regular premium bundle and buy a physical copy of Wind Waker HD once it's ~$20.

#45 Posted by Vinny_Says (5630 posts) -

It does look tempting, especially since I have yet to play Wind Waker. However my time will be taken up by other consoles and handhelds this fall so...

Hey maybe if there's a lull in gaming this winter I might get it. It's things like this that make me wish I had kids so I could just buy it and claim it's for them and won't feel guilty about ignoring the wiiU for months at a time.

#46 Edited by Aegon (5117 posts) -

$250 and a free game.

#47 Edited by Zekhariah (694 posts) -

In some ways it makes me wish I had held out for this bundle. I've had it from the launch day, and the only thing I've really loved playing on it is Super Mario World. >.>

But then it is a weird gadget, so that pretty much explains why its a really neat pieces regardless of its relevance to gaming.

#48 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (4414 posts) -

No. I do plan on getting a Wii U and Windwaker Hd, but not until there's more games I'm interested in playing.

#50 Posted by Ezekiel (316 posts) -

No. It's a good game, but I much preferred Ocarina and Majora's Mask. I don't care about modern Nintendo.