Your 2013 E3 favorite games or underdog games thread.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By maskedarcstrike

So thought I'd make this so we can all share our favorites of E3. That way we can potentially notice something cool someone might have missed.

I thought The Bureau: XCOM Declassified showed off really well despite being a current gen game. Here's Gamespot's live show demonstration, it has sort of a Mass Effect vibe in its combat mixing abilities and freezing the action with shooting. It looks very interesting could potentially be a huge sleeper hit.

Saint's Row 4 looked pretty freaking awesome. The first 2/3 of the vid is boring, but with all the fun TK abilities this is like the sequel to Psi-Ops I never got.

edit: Is that really a "Dub Step Gun" in Saint's Row 4? I didn't even notice that at first.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By HH

the division was the one i watched a few times, i can't wait to play it.

did deep down show at all? or any new fantasy rpgs?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Below.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Winternet

My favorite game of E3 2013 is you!

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infamous: Second Son looks like a lot of fun.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killzone Mercenary, Tearaway, Divekick.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By BaneFireLord

While I was really excited for the Star Wars Battlefront and Peggle 2 announcements, The Crew and Metal Gear Solid V were my two "games of the show," which is really weird since I haven't played a racing game since Burnout Paradise and I don't really care for what I've played of MGS before. I guess I'm just a sucker for detailed open worlds and fancy graphics.

EDIT: ACIV, Watch_Dogs and Battlefield 4 were already on my radar before this E3, so I don't count them toward my favorites of the show.

ChrisCYotG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Watch Dogs looked great, the concept alone won me over, hope it turns out great. Transistor also looked interesting from the very little I saw.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DharmaBum

Mirror's Edge was the highlight of the show for me. Sounds like it's going to be open-world with less shooting. I played the shit out of the original Battlefront games on PS2, so I'm excited that DICE is getting their hands on that. Titanfall, Destiny, The Division and Forza all demoed really well. Also can't wait to play The Witcher 3, Quantum Break, Transistor, Below, and Fez II.

Underdogs might be Murdered: Soul Suspect and Dying Light.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AiurFlux

Infamous Second Son looks really. Batman Arkham Origins looks really good. Watch_Dogs still looks good. The Division stole the show by far. Shockingly Final Fantasy XV looked like a good Final Fantasy game. Transistor looked good. Octodad looks... umm... I think I'll like it so whatever.

The big things that I got were Battlefront, Mirror's Edge, and Kingdom Hearts III though. Everything else didn't matter when I saw those three.

EDIT: Forgot MGSV, but whatever. I'm still going to buy it because it looks amazing it's just that we knew about it and there were bigger bombshells.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By MocBucket62

Total War Rome II looks very impressive as well as Infamous Second Son, Watch Dogs, and Metal Gear Solid V. I'm also really excited about a new Star Wars Battlefront and the new Smash Bros coming out.

I think Knack might be my underdog game of the show just because that looks like a lot of fun, but isn't getting that much attention. Hope it does well enough at the PS4 launch.

Kurinkita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kurinkita

Final fantasy 15, Kingdom hearts 3 and Infamous secon son seems so freaking awesome!

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 2 minutes of Witcher 3 in the first conference (MS) were bigger than the entire rest of the show for me.

In the second place comes the magnificent and nostalgic Battlefield 2.5 (aka BF4) multiplayer, followed by sadness that The Division will not be available on my PC..

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, and AC IV are the Underdogs.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Final Fantasy XV, Infamous Second Son and The Division were my favorites of the show.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Of the games that actually had gameplay demos, I would choose Infamous, I love those first couple games and I'm very excited for the new one.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By bigjeffrey
  • Quantum Break
  • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain (Tactical Espionage Operations)
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Fantasia Music Evolved (Not going to lie, that shit looked good)
  • D4
  • The Witcher 3
  • New Halo (I'm a sucker for Halo trailers)
  • Below
  • Titanfall
damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nothing else got me anywhere near as excited as Metal Gear Solid V. I was really stoked to see Bayonetta 2 as well. I don't know if it was on the floor or if they just had the trailer and the video with Atsushi Inaba, but it only really took seeing Bayonetta to really cement that another one of those games is coming out and that was enough to get me super excited. Plus I think her new look is faaaaantastic. Bayonetta's got a brand new bag :O

The Division looked notably promising and Final Fantasy XV surprised the hell out of me by looking like something I actually want to experience. There is still a lot I haven't seen, I only really watched the conferences and the extended Metal Gear trailer and sought out The Division stuff just because of the buzz around it. I plan to watch bits and pieces from Gamespot's stage shows from the event. They've got a pretty neat little setup where you can see the schedule of everything that showed on both the stages and jump straight to what you want. http://au.gamespot.com/e3/killzone-shadow-fall-6409831/

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By awesomeusername

My favorites were:

• Infamous Second Son - I LOVELOVELOVE Infamous and the demo and trailer made me hyped as fuck.
  • Final Fantasy XV - Been waiting for this since forever. The gameplay trailer looked awesome so I'm pumped.
  • Kingdom Hearts 3 - Finally no more spin-off shit. I saw this coming when Tetsuya said "One more thing."
  • Mirrors Edge 2(?) - I loved the first so to see that it's finally getting a prequel(?) is YES. Especially since it's open world now.
  • The Division - It looked so damn good and I like the story they put into it. I wonder if we'll see my college since you'll go to Manhattan.
  • Titanfall - To bad it won't be on PS4 for a while, if ever.

Underdogs would be:

• Knack - Seriously, is no one excited for this? A Mark Cerny platformer guys, it'll be great!
  • The Order: 1886 - I wish they showed more but this is Ready At Dawn guys. I can't wait to see more.
  • Tearaway - The only people excited for this are Vita owners. This is what made me want a Vita!
  • The Puppeteer - Brad said he was most impressed with this out of Sony's booth demos and no one seems to care about it. Screw you guys.
  • Dying Light - Pretty much every site I go on, editors are saying this looked great. No one seems to notice though.

Other games I thought looked good were:

• Killzone: Shadow Fall - I mainly like the multiplayer but the game is like Crysis 2 I hear so I'm looking forward to that.
  • Metal Gear Solid 5 - It looked absolutely gorgeous but I only played MGS4 and thought it was alright so I'm not really sure about this.
  • Assassin's Creed 4 - The only part of the demo I really liked was the boats.
  • Battlefield 4 - Only impressed by the fact that you can take down entire buildings. Also 64 players and 60 FPS on PS4.
  • Destiny - The demo wasn't that great but I want to know more. Press also said it looked much, much better in a behind closed doors demo.
Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Chibithor

Guys! Knack! Click to see Cerny talking over gameplay, because why wouldn't you. Non-underdog highlights would be MGSV, Infamous, Titanfall and Mirror's Edge. I'll probably get Killzone too and Destiny if it ever comes to PCs.

edit: Octodad is so underdog I forgot to mention it. If you don't know what it is, I present to you the Dadliest Catch and a quote from one of the developers: "We’re definitely considering Move support! We haven’t gotten a chance to mess with it yet, but we’d love to."