• 62 results
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By Pie

Imagine this but made into an actual console/pc game, it would be like left 4 dead but on a much larger scale and involving more survival than fighting. In other words it would be amazing

Clubvodka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By Clubvodka

Shenmue Online or a Persona MMORPG
Crocio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Crocio

A shooter that shows what military combat is actually like.
i.e.
Realistic gore,
Realistic weapon jamming,
Realistic mission procedures.

Basically a simulation.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By CABBAGES

Pie have you played battlefield 2142 ? If not i think you should try it as titan mode sounds very like what you described.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Pie
@CABBAGES said:
"

Pie have you played battlefield 2142 ? If not i think you should try it as titan mode sounds very like what you described.

"
My PC=mega shit (really bad (really really bad) PC)
CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By CABBAGES
@Pie: 

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Pie
@CABBAGES: I want this but as an actual game

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By Linkyshinks
@Pie said:

" A lot of people want to see massive medieval battles, shame that its been done but badly and therefore probably wont happen again "

I want the same, but done much better and in a Tolkien-esque setting with hundreds of players. 

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Hitchenson
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By penguindust
@Red said:
" Mine would be a Sci-Fi MMO ....  And less (or more) space whores. "
Why would anyone ever want less space whores?
 double-density, babycakes!
 double-density, babycakes!
Kane_233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Kane_233

A GTA MMO more interested in honing game mechanics and balance while maintaining realistic integrity and imbuing moral dilemmas.  It should be brutal and harp less on the "thuggery" of either faction and more on the ideological/philosophical choices of the players.  I care less about the clothes that your character is fitted with or the tats that you've put on them and more about what you do with your character.  You should be free to become a serial killer if you so choose and there should be equal repercussions.  As you gain notoriety in the game, more attention will be directed your way via other players interested in maintaining what society has deemed acceptable.  Same goes for drug runners (though to an arguably lower degree that's also further affected by what drugs are being peddled - Medical Marijuana is becoming the norm people).  If you want to organize some professional bank crew (Think Kane and Lynch done right, via the Heat scene) then go ahead, but know that you'll be subject to the actions taken by your crew as a whole.  Should somebody do something stupid and go on a rampage, hell will rain down on you.  

It shouldn't be an either/or scenario that so many games lock us into these days.  It's not nearly as simple as cops and robbers...which takes me to another element that'd be interesting to implement.  Say you're tired of robbing banks, purse snatching, gambling illegally, lifting cars, etc?  You stop...think about it, and decide you want to work for the better.  Join the police.  Piling on more, if you get arrested have the player the choice of going on a probationary period where if they so choose, they can stop then and there and go legal.  Moreover, don't make the game so linear so that once you're on a side, you have to abide by strictly delegated guidelines.  Say you want to be an undercover cop.  You go to the copshop once, and then you're told to go get info on some syndicate operating in the area.  Have it switch from being a cop to being a criminal where you decide how far you're willing to go in an undercover role.  Same goes for the criminals getting information from the police.  They can have a dude on the inside leaking information, and just what and when is entirely up to the player.  It'd create an intricate system where trust isn't based on a game mechanic, but on the player's willingness to go along with whatever was assigned.  Can you trust the informant?  Can you trust the cop in your squad?  How about the other guy helping you rob the bank?  

My only problem's with setting up a middle ground.  I previously noted that I'm tired of cop and robbers/black and white associations so there'd have to be some kind of intermediary status that's still enjoyable to play.  I could see some kind of 2nd life or Simcity like gameplay integrated into it to attract another type of gamer.  Have them play that portion of the game, where they nurture their sims and build their homes/towns/cities while the other part of the game flows interwoven with that style.  I also briefly injected "realistic" and I mean it.  As much as I want to like the gameplay in Borderlands, I can't get over a few bullets not killing the enemy.  At that point it's merely a futile exercise in aiming and repeating the process until the enemy is down.  The power of the weapon is too dependent on level and characteristics of your dude as you progress.  It suggests that the gun itself is of limited importance (It's power is derived from your status, not the size of the bullet or the powder in each jacket).  So I'd have to argue for a system that's not very flexible.  If you get shot a couple of times, you're down.  To the head?  Yeah...you're not getting back up.  I just wouldn't have the punishment that say Ultima Online had.  GTA style, you just wake up outside of a hospital (Without your guns, I don't know of any hospital that holds guns for you - especially illegal automatics) with some kind of rez sickness.  

It's a wholly complex affair that requires even more of an explanation than this.  Rambling thoughts ftw. 

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By demontium
@Pie: MMO pokemon
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By asurastrike
@Pie said:
" Mine would be a FPS where at the start of a match your team consisting of about 60 dudes (or more if possible, im talking about consoles so...) spawn on a spaceship thats hovering about 100 metres off the surface of the battlefield and the ship has 4/5 dropships that can carry about 20 people (or more) or a vechile and 10 dudes say down to the surface. You can stay on your "mothership" and provide support by dropping down weapons or bombing a particular area (youd do all that in a bridge of sorts). The actuall fighting on the ground would be similar to halo so that you dont die constantly like in Call of duty and have to drop down again. The main game mode would be a similar to the battlefields trademark game mode where you have to capture and control points on the batlefield. The game wouldnt feature custom load outs but youd get all your weapons when the match starts in the "mothership". A different game mode might be where your mother ships have gravity elevators that go down to the surface and to win you would have to board the enemys ship and hold it. So, whats your dream multiplayer game? It can be anything (MMO, FPS, Third person shooter, free roamer, point and clicker and so on) "
It sounds like you are describing Titan Mode in Battlefield 2142.
Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Godwind

Quake 3