AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#51  Edited By AndrewB

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Sorry about that, but that was totally my first thought when I read the headline. This whole situation has gotten out of hand. There are a few major defects in the 360 hardware: the DVD drive (problems with each of the 3 models I am aware of used in the 360), the RROD caused by overheating, and now the E74 (apparently related to the RROD errors). Now, as I've said before after my own second red ring, has there ever been a piece of hardware that has outright failed on such a wide scale as the 360, and, more importantly, if there has been something, wouldn't that company be sued into oblivion?

My 3 year red ring warranty is up late this year, so if my console bricks itself a 3rd time after that period, does Microsoft expect me to buy another console? The least thing I'll do is stop buying Microsoft consoles altogether and probably take my broken console and stick it in one of those 3rd party LIan Li cases; give it the adequate cooling it needs. It would sure beat sending my console in a *third* time and possibly paying for an "out of warranty repair," only to get back the same broken piece of hardware with nothing changed.

Now why can't they at least extend the warranty at least one extra year for those of us who've already suffered numerous system failures before?

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By TheMustacheHero

This is a good and a bad thing, it's good that they are helping their customers with these problems free of charge, it's bad that their products are still getting these fatal errors.

CoIin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By CoIin

When Apple makes a system both the PS3 and XBOX 360 are fucked. End of story.

I used to be a MS fanboy and now I've seen the light.
Beechbone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By Beechbone

I've had E74 last year but it was still on warranty, good thing they extended it to three years just like RRoD. I love my 360 either way :)

KinjiroSSD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By KinjiroSSD

If Apple does enter the ring, it would be wise of them to go after Nintendo's market seeing as they are unchallenged and ripe for competition. As far as the actual article, I'm glad Microsoft is going to cover this as well. It's ashamed that all of this is the product of rushing the console to be the first one out of the gate.

I love my original Xbox. Fallen so far.

Avatar image for galvanizednails
GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By GalvanizedNails

heck yeah! i have had a 360 with the E74 sitting around for like 3 months because I dont have the money to pay for it. Thank God

romeoinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57  Edited By romeoinc

Sweet, I get my money back and still have the free 3 months and wireless headset that they offered me for the delay in getting my xbox back. Victory against the corporations!

PsYuSoFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By PsYuSoFly

I had the E-74 error back in jan.2009 1 flashing ring and they didn't charge me at all, maybe I got lucky but yeah, I never new people had to pay for it in the first place.

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By gunslingerNZ

Man the thing is so damn busted. Bring out a new Xbox already!

phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By phlegms

I got the e74 error just this week, good news for me I guess....

TheSmashing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By TheSmashing

xbox360 is a diminutive for high failure rate. lol

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By meteora

Love how the guys with blue names *cough*PS3 fanboys*cough* are just bashing against the hardware despite the good news.

twillfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By twillfast

Oh Microsoft... astonishing.

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By zoozilla

Well, that's good....

Until, of course, the next big 360 hardware error crisis comes along.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#65  Edited By wrecks

I <3 my 3rd xbox :)

Multibucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Multibucket

Do new 360 owners get the same 3 year warranty? 

xionpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By xionpunk

Thats nice of them...I guess.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By CL60

Guess what, got my 360 at launch, and got my PS3 at launch, my 360 still has had 0 problems, while my PS3 has broke...twice.

Caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69  Edited By Caddy

I think that's a very good move. My three years runs out in December, so I guess if my 360 has to break again, it should do it before then.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By agentboolen

At this point I think if the 360 breaks by error I think they should just fix it.  Unless you Modded it or threw it down the stairs I think you should be taken care of my Microsoft....  Lets hope the next system they bring out is tested better.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#71  Edited By RHCPfan24

This is good news but isn't it a bit late? Honestly, people have had these problems for many, many months now, and it has taken Microsoft a long time to fix their hardware problems.

RyanD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#72  Edited By RyanD

this has actually been free of charge for a while. i had my error 74 xbox fixed last year. sorry, bomb team, you're a little late on the update

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#73  Edited By dsplayer1010

My damn hard-drive crashed a few months back and now they announce this. Great...just great...

zigaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By zigaroo
RyanD said:
"this has actually been free of charge for a while. i had my error 74 xbox fixed last year. sorry, bomb team, you're a little late on the update"
Not sure how Giant Bomb is late when Microsoft, just today, has included the E74 error under the extended three year warranty.

You're just special, mmk?
broqz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By broqz

still waiting for those rebates from Sony on my 2 PS3's that DRM'ed...

sneakysnake128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By sneakysnake128

Wow, by the time I read this, there were 74 comments too...

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By lamegame621

I just got this error last week booting up CoR: Dark Athena. 1 red ring and that message. I assumed it was some input error. Restarted and it works fine, now.

Muze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Muze

Yeah that's what happened to my first one I think, but I was under the warranty so I was fine. Still have my second one though, and it's always worked pretty well.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#79  Edited By clubsandwich

this is fucking late, seriously, it pissess me off that I had to pay to fix this pile of shit with some random dude because fixing it with microsoft is expensive as fuck, seriously, $110 is too damn much for this shitty console, I love my 360 but the damn hardware is fucking shit, now I'm fucked because my guarantee is fucked and so is my console now. :B

HiroSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By HiroSeven

I've had the E74 error a few times, but have yet to get the rings (knocks on all kinds of wood).

It's great that Microsoft is providing the service to fix the machine for free though, good of them to acknowledge their mistake and do 'something' about it.

RyanD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By RyanD
zigaroo said:
"RyanD said:
"this has actually been free of charge for a while. i had my error 74 xbox fixed last year. sorry, bomb team, you're a little late on the update"
Not sure how Giant Bomb is late when Microsoft, just today, has included the E74 error under the extended three year warranty.You're just special, mmk?"
well i don't want to say they're completely wrong, i am just saying last year i got the E74 error code and i got it repaired free of charge. I don't know the exact circumstances of it, i am just saying what happened. so maybe i am little special for getting this repaired for free when no one else did, mmk?
piropeople13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By piropeople13

Still doesn't give me back the 12 combined hours of my life I have spent on the phone and 3 combined months without a 360.

They need to act proactively by fixing hardware errors in new consoles they ship out the door rather than reactivly with warranty extensions.

This also does not cover what nailed me the second xbox around, dead disc drive and disk is unreadable error.

Lame.

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Hairydutchman

3 rings of death, scratching disks, E74... I'm glad I sold my 360 and bought a PS3.

chronicsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#84  Edited By chronicsmoke

Good,I havent had this problem happen to me but its good to know if it does happen thats one less thing for me to worry about

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#85  Edited By tebbit

What's with all you people who say "It's great that Microsoft has noticed this issue, am I'm so glad that it's now covered under the warrenty", instead of saying "What the hell man, I just dropped $200 - $300 ish on a console which is scratching my disks and failing at random intervals"?

Like, thats just thanking Microsoft for making a shoddy product, rather than telling them that they can't drop this kind of crap on consumers and expect to make money off of it.
solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By solidlife

A year late but hey least i can get my money back.

raggedglory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By raggedglory

Why do they call it the XBOX 360?  Because when you see it, you turn 360 degrees and walk away!

Soulless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Soulless
Raggedglory: Why do they call it the XBOX 360?  Because when you see it, you turn 360 degrees and walk away!

That means your just spin in a circle and face it again, meaning you would be walking towards it.
s0ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By s0ck

I dont get what all the fuss is about,everytime i have had a problem with my xbox i just ring xbox customer surport and tell them my console has the red ring of death, regardless of the real issue.Guess what they have always fixed my xbox without question.Infact the last one i sent of was for a friend and they didnt even question that.I think you should all stop over estimating the intelligence of xbox customer surport.

raggedglory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By raggedglory

afraid not soulless, behold

No Caption Provided

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By penguindust

I think they need to just warranty every manufactured defect for 3 years and put an end to this nonsense.  Stop piddling around with "this is covered and that isn't" crap.  Bite the bullet, admit the console's machinery is a red-light waiting to happen and stop pissing off your customers who experience an inevitable breakage.   

achill6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By achill6969

Oh xbox how this makes me love my ps3 even more.......

KENYA09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By KENYA09
i would like to say is that e74 is really starting to piss me off i had my frist xbox for almost a year and the one i have now has only lasted me like 4 and a half 5 months and iam pretty sure that shouldint happen now i have to wait 2 -3 weeks befor i get a new one iam super super pissed and sad : (
KENYA09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By KENYA09

like what Claude sayed when NXE cam out it seemed like it mad the av run harder and make the e74 happen evean more