#1 Edited by rottendevice (159 posts) -

#2 Posted by Butler (391 posts) -

I have to say, mine is Champions of Norrath as well. So many hours put into that game. There is just something about it that begs you to play it all night if you have a free weekend.

#3 Edited by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -
X-Men Legends was a great one. Since I have four brothers we literally played that one from dawn till dusk without stop. I remember my eyes going pretty bloodshot because I was too young to know when to goddamn stop playing a game. It's too bad that the sequel and MUA didn't manage to capture the same charm, but we had some fun with them anyways. Good times.

Recently though, we had a blast with Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. Playing that game by yourself or even with two people is kind of boring, but the chaos that comes with four players and the general hilarity made it a great time (plus it's really well put together beat em up).
#4 Posted by pizzapotomus (46 posts) -

Secret of Mana and the fourth player keeps getting us beer from the fridge. 

We still break out the SNES to play through that every time my military buddies get time off to come back.

#5 Edited by Kyreo (4602 posts) -

Castle Crashers.  Either that or.... uh... Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

#6 Posted by JustKamToo (724 posts) -

Gauntlet,

#7 Posted by Bulby33 (616 posts) -

Either X-Men Legends II, or Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Both great, great co-op games. Especially with 4 players.

#8 Posted by RagnarokRed (90 posts) -
#9 Posted by jrodrz (159 posts) -

Not Co-op, but 4 player Goldeneye for N64 still brings back great memories.

#10 Posted by ProfessorEss (7505 posts) -

There's a lot of great one's out there, but it's easily Diablo II for me.

#11 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -
#12 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
#13 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Rock Band franchise

#14 Posted by CookieMonster (2448 posts) -

I remember having a lot of fun playing halo 3.

#15 Posted by allgamelover (40 posts) -

You know what, I'll say playing Bad Company 2 in a squad with three buddies. Still co-op since you aren't killing the three other players, rather coordinating with them.

#16 Posted by Fascism (148 posts) -

Diablo 2 HC Mode. I was a Necromancer I died (suprise) my friends kept playing :(

#17 Posted by craigbo180 (1726 posts) -

I've had the most fun with castle crashers, x-men legends 1 and 2 and LOZ: four swords. Though fun may be pushing it with that last one it nearly broke our friendships with each other. If you forget the co-op and just want four player gaming then nothing beats smash bros melee!

#18 Posted by Daveyo520 (6993 posts) -

Co-op? I guess L4D2.

#19 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -
@JustKamToo said:
" Gauntlet, "
#20 Posted by TobbRobb (4840 posts) -

Swat 4 :D

#21 Posted by uniform (1838 posts) -
#22 Posted by npeterson08 (502 posts) -

Gauntlet was great.

#23 Posted by hexx462 (506 posts) -

Borderlands. While the game is fun in single player, it becomes ridiculosly fun with three other people.  Granted I played it on a PC and didn't have the experience of playing in the same room as four other people.

Honorable mention: All those 4-player Arcade Beat'em Ups (The Avengers, X-Men, Simpsons etc.).

#24 Posted by DrMadHatten (118 posts) -

My friends and I freshman year of college all got together and played Tales of Vesperia all summer. We clocked in over 100 hours beating it on hard. It was an amazing summer.

#25 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -
#26 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle games are great for co-op and so was the Zelda: Four Swords. 
Castle Crashers is a great download game and any of the Halo games are amazingly fun on co-op.

#27 Posted by Skald (4370 posts) -
#28 Posted by Gellrock (381 posts) -
#29 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

Halo 3 legendary with skulls to get that special armor and achievement

#30 Posted by rmanthorp (4052 posts) -

Magicka! Even though the online is shit awful, when it works IT. IS. AWESOME.

Moderator Online
#31 Posted by BigLemon (1022 posts) -
#32 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

this generation Left 4 Dead, Castle Crashers, S'plosionman and Red Dead Redemption.

#33 Posted by JoeyIA (662 posts) -
@RagnarokRed said:
" Easily Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II. I remember playing that game with a few friends religiously from Christmas 2002, all the way through the summer of 2003. "
Oooooh that's a good one.  I never got into PSO on Dreamcast but totally loved it on GameCube with 4 player co-op.
#34 Posted by Adamsons (873 posts) -

Timesplitters 2.

#35 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -
New Super Mario Bros Wii, LittleBigPlanet or any of those Konami beat-em-ups (TMNT, The Simpsons, X-Men).
#36 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

playing gaunlet  and X-menin the arcades. 

also nothing beat 4-player goldeneye seesions back in the day
#37 Posted by j_meyer_13 (387 posts) -

Favorite would easily be Rock Band.  Runners-up: Borderlands, Castle Crashers, Halo... and I guess Left 4 Dead, even though I haven't played it in forever.

#38 Posted by attaXwell (6 posts) -

I'd have to go with any of the Halo games (well, assuming they are 4 player co-op I guess), as well as Rock Band. Can't go wrong with either of those. Castle Crashers is also a blast.
#39 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1180 posts) -

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 or Horde Mode on Gears 2

#40 Posted by heatDrive88 (2398 posts) -

To anyone who said Gauntlet, thank you for being the most sane and correct people in the room.

To anyone else who says anything else, fuck you.