• 101 results
#1 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (456 posts) -

I'm trying to make a list of games to play before the end of the year and was wondering what everyone has been playing and enjoying.

I got to into Dark Souls 2 for a while and kinda missed some great titles.

Along with Dark Souls 2 and Mario Kart 8(love playing multiplayer with the wife), Shovel Knight is one of my favorite games so far this year.

Whats your favorite games of 2014 so far give me some ideas.....

#2 Posted by Pie (7109 posts) -

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Wolfenstein was pretty cool...

I like insurgency

#3 Posted by Corvak (1128 posts) -

Valiant Hearts, Shovel Knight at the top, then Wolfenstein and Mario Kart 8.

#4 Posted by Hone_McBone (170 posts) -

Games released in 2014? I think the only one I've played so far is South Park & if you got into the show it's worth picking up. I picked up the Wolf Among us & the second season of The Walking Dead in the recent Steam sale & have pretty high hopes for those but haven't played them yet.

I did back Next Car Game, one of the few games I have & it's already amazing, should be coming out later this year.

#5 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5841 posts) -

Danganronpa.

I think it's probably one of my top 10 favorite games of all time.

#6 Posted by Morningstar (2192 posts) -

The Wolf Among Us probably.

#7 Edited by Corevi (3981 posts) -

Transistor definitely. Wolfenstein was cool and Watch Dogs is better than people say. Wolf Among Us has been great so far but they could still fuck up the landing. Unless Destiny actually lives up to the hype or Far Cry 4 ends up being better than 3 in every way then Transistor is my GOTY.

#8 Posted by ftrevelin (73 posts) -

Shovel Knight! Still haven't played neither Wolfenstein nor Transistor, so it's not set in stone yet, but right now Shovel Knight is my game of the year!

#9 Posted by wolfskind (57 posts) -

Mario Kart 8, not even close for me.

#10 Posted by Zevvion (2106 posts) -

I always keep a list during the year, so that making my top 10 at the end of the year barely requires any work. I basically write down all titles I've played on which platforms and I already put them in order, but that can obviously change as new titles are released. So far, this is my list for 2014:

1. Dark Souls II
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Jazzpunk
  4. Watch Dogs
  5. Wolfenstein: The New Order
  6. Transistor
  7. South Park The Stick of Truth
  8. The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot

There hasn't been a ton of really great stuff yet, I feel. I like the games that are on the list I have for sure, but with the exception of the top 3, all of them could fall of at any point as soon as I get my hands on better games.

#11 Edited by BigJeffrey (5082 posts) -
#12 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2725 posts) -

Dark Souls II, 1001 Spikes, Bravely Default. That's probably the top 3 at the moment. Those are cool games!

#13 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

Lightning Returns, Bravely Default, Mario Kart 8 so far.

#14 Posted by Mister_Snig (616 posts) -

Fract OSC. Solving a puzzle and then having a choir of synthesizers join in on the music you just made is one of the most satisfying feelings I've felt from playing a video game.

#15 Posted by Giantstalker (1690 posts) -
#16 Posted by jiggajoe14 (746 posts) -

South Park, Dark Souls 2, & Jazzpunk are at the top for me.

Then there's Wolfenstein, Titanfall, Valiant Hearts, Transistor, Octodad, & a few others a notch below.

#17 Edited by Nightriff (5156 posts) -

By default it is South Park as it is the only 2014 game I've completed, but I didn't really care for it that much, gave it 3/5.

#18 Posted by UrbanSanta (8 posts) -

South Park, Transistor, Wolfenstein, and you can't go wrong with some MGS: Ground Zeroes! Watch Dogs is only worth it if you got a PC and install those E3 files.

#19 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11918 posts) -
#20 Posted by TheMasterDS (2084 posts) -

Hearthstone. Definitely Hearthstone. DKC Tropical Freeze is really close second though. Both games are world class.

#21 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

South Park Stick of Truth

#22 Posted by Viqor (67 posts) -

Not a whole lot going on so far this year, which has actually made this year great for getting into some older games (finally played through Persona 3 this year, and I'm currently playing Quake 1!). As far as games released this year, I enjoyed Transistor and Wolfenstein more than anything else by a decent margin, although Mario Kart and Shovel Knight are both pretty rad.

#23 Posted by SMTDante89 (2600 posts) -

So far I really liked:
inFamous: Second Son

Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends

Mario Kart 8

#24 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1453 posts) -

Its still a toss up between Infamous Second Son and Dark Souls 2 for me

#25 Posted by Irvandus (2881 posts) -

Both The Banner Saga and Transistor totally blew me away. Wouldn't be surprised if either were my game of the year.

#26 Posted by SunBroZak (1204 posts) -

I've really enjoyed The Wolf Among Us up to episode 4. Here's hoping it has a decent finale. Other than that, the only game from 2014 that I've really played was Dark Souls 2. Which I thought was fantastic, and is almost definitely getting a place in my top 10 this year.

#27 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5808 posts) -

Titanfall, Strider and Dark Souls 2 are my favorite's of the games I've played so far this year.

#28 Posted by believer258 (12005 posts) -

From this year, I've played Wolfenstein, Bravely Default, and Might and Magic X. All three are vastly different games, but of them I enjoyed Wolfenstein the most.

#29 Posted by UitDeToekomst (720 posts) -

Child of Light, Valiant Hearts: The Great War, Watch Dogs, The LEGO Movie Video Game, The Wolf Among Us, South Park: The Stick of Truth, inFamous: Second Son, Wolfenstein: The New Order.

#30 Posted by zockroach (58 posts) -

I have really enjoyed Wildstar.

#31 Posted by Superkenon (1461 posts) -

I've been playing games, but not a lot of this-year games so far.

Top three are Luftrausers, Chrono Phantasma, and Mario Kart 8???

#32 Posted by Calmgamer (149 posts) -

Dark Souls 2 (I love it)

EDF 2025

To be fair I haven't played inFamous yet - buying copy this weekend. Fingers crossed, but from comments on this thread my hopes are high.

#33 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2497 posts) -

Mario Kart 8 and Shovel Knight are the only 2014 games I've bought, so those are my favorites so far. Honestly I can't wait for summer to end and all the games I'm excited for to come out.

#34 Posted by Olqavtoras (227 posts) -

Danganronpa. Pretty sure Shovel Knight will be up there as soon as I play it.

#35 Posted by Schlorgan (234 posts) -

Titanfall and Wolfenstein are the only ones so far.

#36 Edited by BeachThunder (12096 posts) -

I really enjoyed Among the Sleep and Rogue Shooter.

Also, the final Wolf Among Us is coming out next week...

#37 Posted by Slag (4617 posts) -

Not much to be honest, I can't ever remember a year so devoid of truly great games. There's been some good and very good ones, but nothing I'd consider a clear all time great so far. It's like the year of the 4 star game

Lightning Returns is the only thing that seems to have potential so far, but I haven't finished it yet.

I will say I'm kind of surprised to not see Broken Age mentioned yet. It may not be an amazing game but it's one of the better 2014 releases I've seen.

#38 Posted by BeachThunder (12096 posts) -
@slag said:
I will say I'm kind of surprised to not see Broken Age mentioned yet. It may not be an amazing game but it's one of the better 2014 releases I've seen.

Well, only half of it has been released so far...I definitely loved the first part though.

#39 Posted by TournamentOfHate (493 posts) -

South Park The Stick of Truth was amazing for me being a massive South Park fan.

#40 Posted by Tesla (1932 posts) -

Dark Souls 2, South Park, and Wolfenstein

#41 Edited by Slag (4617 posts) -

@slag said:

Well, only half of it has been released so far...I definitely loved the first part though.

sure that's completely fair, eventhough it's only half done I just can't think of much better than that half so far. Been that kinda year so far.

#42 Edited by Brodehouse (10081 posts) -

So last year, it was December and I couldn't even fill out a top ten with games I really loved. I loved 1-4, liked 5-8, and 9-xxx were placeholders that I could never really decide on.

In 2014, I've already filled a top ten and I'm pretty solid on the top seven already, with tons of games I'm anticipating like Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, Dragon Age Inquisition, Witcher 3 and Forza Horizon 2.

1. South Park: The Stick of Truth
  2. Transistor
  3. Endless Legend
  4. Valiant Hearts: The Great War
  5. The Banner Saga
  6. Shovel Knight
  7. Trials Fusion
  8. Banished
  9. Child of Light
  10. The Last Federation

2014 is hot hot heat muddafukkaz

#43 Posted by bluefish (503 posts) -

Hmm, nothing has GRABBED me this year...

I had a lot of fun playing Infamous: Second Son, LUFTRAUSERS and Transistor. Great gameplay in all three titles, all a little short lived.

But I've had more fun replaying older games. Currently drinking in Bioshock again. What a great game. :)

#44 Edited by DarthOrange (3869 posts) -
#45 Posted by Vextroid (1418 posts) -

I haven't beat many 2014 releases but Top 5 so far are:

1. Dark Souls II

2. Trials Fusion

3. Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes

4. Broken Age (Part 1)

5. Metal Gear Rising REVENGENACE

#46 Posted by chronicsmoke (996 posts) -

Wolfenstein,Bravely Default,Child Of Light,Dark Souls 2,and DKC Tropical Freeze

#47 Posted by Corevi (3981 posts) -
#48 Posted by Brodehouse (10081 posts) -
#49 Edited by GunstarRed (5311 posts) -

Titanfall stands alone as the only game I have loved this year with Lococycle coming in second as a game I had a really good time with. Yeah, you heard me.

I have enjoyed Dark Souls, Mario Kart, Wolfenstein, Infamous and Watch Dogs also.

I'd really like to play Shovel Knight. Still irritated I can't play it.

#50 Posted by BigSteve1983 (71 posts) -

For me it's Child of Light, Wolfenstein, Watch_Dogs and Metal Gear 5. Yeah I know MGS5 is a very short game, however I've actually enjoyed it and I'm trying to get most if not all of the extra missions unlocked.