• 102 results
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@slag said:

Lightning Returns is the only thing that seems to have potential so far, but I haven't finished it yet.

It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on it when you're finished. Barring some crazy miracle game being released between now and December 31st, it's my GOTY easily.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Transistor, Wolfenstein, Valiant Hearts, Infamous Second Son, Ground Zeroes and South Park The Stick of Truth have been my favourites of the year so far.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@hailinel said:

@slag said:

Lightning Returns is the only thing that seems to have potential so far, but I haven't finished it yet.

It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on it when you're finished. Barring some crazy miracle game being released between now and December 31st, it's my GOTY easily.

definitely duder, now that GFWL isn't dieing after all, I don't have to finish GTA IV anytime soon, so I've bumped it back up the depth chart. I've got a couple short adventure games I'm going to pound out first then I plan to get back into it. I'll put my thoughts on your blog about the game when I do (which I've avoided reading to prevent spoilers)

Yeah early impressions it feels to me like it could be mine too by default (not Bravely default), I have a soft spot for Final Fantasy games.

The only potential contenders I see on the horizon are AA:Unity (unlikely), DA:Inquisition(maybe), FarCry 4 (probably not), and Hyrule Warriors & Capt Toad (and I don't own a WiiU and may not by year's end so I may not play those in time). I'm sure there's impending releases I don't know about yet, but it's not looking like this is going to be a bumper crop year. That's ok I appreciate the opportunity to cut down my backlog.

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

For a game that came out this year: South Park: The Stick Of Truth

For a game that didn't come you this year: Persona 4

Krevee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I haven't played a lot of new releases this year, but my favorites so far are Transistor and South Park.

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

I've played like two 2014 games this year but there's some stuff coming out I'm excited for. This year isn't gonna be a great year but personally I'm excited for a good amount of stuff.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#57  Edited By musubi

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIV for PS4.

Lockes84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Lockes84

Hearthstone has sucked the most hours of my life this year and will continue to do so. Both my wife and I finished South Park separately and found it amazing.

mr_arkadin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Transistor is definitely worth a look. The story/narrative has some issues, and isn't on par with Bastion. But, the ability and combat systems are really fun to play with. The combat feels really expressive, giving you a TON of choices.

Also, Nuclear Throne. The throne is actually in the game now, so if you haven't tried it, now is as good of a time as any. It's Vlambeer doing that thing where they make an arcade game out of an existing genre. In this case it's the rouge-like(like{like}). Gameplay is really fast, challenging, and enjoyable. Also, the music is super badass.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Unless it loses a massive amount of steam in the next 30 or so hours, Divinity: Original Sin is easily the best game I've played in the last two years. Might & Magic X wasn't bad either, but I still haven't technically finished it despite really enjoying it (mostly due to the game performing like dogshit at launch). Wolfenstein and Age of Wonders III were pretty good too.

armedpatriots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite so far are:

Valiant Hearts

Child of Light

Steam World Dig (PS4)

Hearthstone

Transistor

Towerfall

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

I just realized that I haven't played a single game released in 2014.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well dark souls 2 is my fave game ever,so unless something magical comes out this year it will be goty.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@nasp said:

well dark souls 2 is my fave game ever,so unless something magical comes out this year it will be goty.

You forget that Destiny will launch this year. As you may know, I fucking love Dark Souls II. Probably one of the best games I've ever played. But I somehow see myself just getting absorbed by Destiny.

Destiny, Dark Souls II and Hearthstone are most definitely going to duke it out for the top 3 for me. I have 0 reason to think any other game will have a chance to bump even one of them off there.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

My favourite game this year, so far, is Shadowrun Returns + Dragonfall. What an excellent pair of games those are. I highly recommend them to anyone with a pulse and a passing interest in cyberpunk.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: it just so happens that destiny is the only game i see knocking dark souls 2 off the top spot,so we agree there.really the only other game i could see having a chance would be dragon age 3,but after dragon age 2 just being ok im not willing to say its a contender no matter how cool it looks till i actually play it myself.

realkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king: It could have been worse. You could have bought Sniper Elite 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed8c7c6e043f
deactivated-5ed8c7c6e043f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

South Park and Wolfenstein are the standouts for me so far. I've also had a lot of funny with Broforce and The Forest. They're early access so not sure if they count.

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#69  Edited By poser

Wolfenstein hands down. It's really the only good video game to come out this year...

And sure, there have been some fun indie games too, but I don't they should be compared directly with "real" video games. They offer different experiences... it's like comparing a single track to an entire album.

Edit: Oh and South Park, I forgot about that one!

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By noboners

Mario Kart 8, Transistor and South Park.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one without a crazy long list. Nothing has really blown me away yet.

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wolfenstein was pretty cool, Watch Dogs was meh, but --

JAZZPUNK, MAN. GAME'S PRETTY GOOD.

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My big 3 games so far have been Transistor, Shovel Knight, and Bravely Default. If the type of game any of those are interest you, they are excellent.

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

Wolfenstein

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JAZZPUNK, MAN. GAME'S PRETTY GOOD.

HOW COULD I FORGET JAZZPUNK? THAT FUCKING GAME.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@theoracleofgame: Jazzpunk is up there for me. It hits every comedy note right.

@meatball: aaaaah duder I keep forgetting to get donkey kong. I haven't played one since the snes days!

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ESREVER

I have been REALLY enjoying my coop experience in Divinity: Original Sin. It feels like theres so much game to be had still and the combat is alot of fun for a turn based tactical game.

nailmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By nailmon

Probably stick of truth, Betrayer and Battleblock theater (probably some others I'm forgetting). Really want to get Dark Souls 2 though.

BoringK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Nothing has sunk its claws into me this year like Hearthstone, and I'm not even a Warcraft guy.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

D3 ROS

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wuddel: BD came out this year for NA.

Motorcycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfenstein New Order for me

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#83  Edited By Sooperspy

Wolfenstein has legitimately probably been my favorite game so far this year. I'm playing through Transistor now, and it's also pretty damn great, but I'd say Bastion was better. Watch Dogs was a massive disappointment (though the mission where Wu-Tang's C.R.E.A.M randomly starts playing is one of my favorite moments this year in games). That Destiny alpha was really good and I cannot wait to play the full game. Oh yeah and The Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead Season 2 have been genuinely pretty amazing.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#84  Edited By kerse

Dark Souls 2 and FFX HD are pretty much all I've played so far, started Drakengard 3, but I'm too early to tell. I just haven't been all that into the games coming out the first half of this year. It also doesn't help that I'm kinda broke this year.

PopeAnonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Not sure that anything is going to top Bravely Default for me. The story was kinda junk, and most of the main characters were also kinda junk, but the battle system is one of my favorites from any RPG. I think only FF12 and Dragon Age Origins have topped Bravely Default's battle system for me.

Danganronpa was also amazing. Really looking forward to Danganronpa 2.

ike7779

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#87  Edited By ike7779

My best of 2014 so far:

1. Dark Souls II
  2. Danganronpa
  3. Bravely Default
  4. Goat Simulator

I just started XBlaze Code: Embryo and the animation and art quality has taken me completely by surprise. Like no visual novel I've ever played. Thinking it might end up on my top 10.

And games I'm hopeful will be good enough to be top 10 material: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Bayonetta 2, Lords of the Fallen, Danganronpa 2, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Driveclub, Evil Within, The Crew, Deep Down.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By JesusHammer

Transistor by far I think. I would say Danganronpa, but I had technically already played that a while back with a fan translation. I still really need to play a lot of games from this year, but with like 6 games I'm super hyped for coming out within the span of about 2 months and half of them being at least 30 hour JPRGs I don't know how much time I'll have for other games. Main things I want to get to are Wolfenstien and Ground Zeros, but Ground Zeroes ain't happening until I get a PS4.

TechiesRobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I have played barely any new games this year but i have played Valiant Hearts and it is now one of my favorite games.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

South Park, Wolfenstein, Transistor, Payday 2. I don't give a fuck PD2 came out last year, tons of DLC this year.

Opy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Opy88

Probably Transistor thus far. I did enjoy South Park: The Stick of Truth and Dark Souls 2 a fair bit too. Haven't gotten around to playing that many other new titles to be honest, but then again I'm also dirt poor at the moment.

Herk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Herk

Transistor and the Telltale games. I really liked Banner Saga too, but that was released last year I think.

undulate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By undulate

Divinity: Original Sin(best combat since ToEE, maybe ever)

-MASSIVE GAP-

The rest

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@bigsteve1983: You mean Ground Zeroes? The full MGS5 game isn't out yet.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@video_game_king: Me neither! ... if you don't count the HD Remaster of FFX & X-2 that is. I'm playing through Borderlands 2 with my brother and The Witcher 2 at the moment.

McGray90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only played 2 2014 releases; South Park and Dark Souls II. I played South Park up to the second night I think and then bought Dark Souls II, since then I've flipped between that and FIFA, finding less and less time to play games these days.

BigSteve1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@brendan: Sorry should have put Ground Zeroes on the end of MGS5. my mistake.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#98  Edited By Bollard

Shovel Knight.

GRID is alright too.

Endless Legend

I liked Endless Space. It had beautiful menus. Is Endless Legend worth getting at this point?

bremaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By bremaine

I have not purchased any games in 2014 yet from what I recall. I got a lot of 2013 games this year at a game trading site, but that's been it. Well I did get part of The Walking Dead Telltale game, but that's literally the only game I purchased this year that came out this year. Well I also purchased State of Decay Lifeline I think it was, mess of a game though.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have played and finished a lot of games this year, but nothing really from 2014. The only 2 i can think i have spent and still am spending time are:

Ghost Recon Phantoms

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Lost Alpha

Both really good and both cost me 0$.