• 70 results
#1 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Thought about starting this thread since I've seen some good ones recently and GB always makes a big deal about it in Quick Looks, so what are your favorite examples of this concept?

My favorite that I have in my mind is Assassin's Creed 2, it's perfectly combined with the music, the view and the story. You just know that you're about to play an amazing game

Another recent favorite is Mass Effect 3, again perfect choice of music, and you have just left Earth while it's being destroyed by the Reapers and then the title pops up, perfect

#2 Edited by NTM (7479 posts) -

Probably MGS4's.

At the time, it looked pretty amazing, and still kind of does.

#3 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption, and that's really late in the game.

#4 Posted by CustomOtto (496 posts) -

I don't suppose the end of Red Dead Redemption counts? If so, that.

#5 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption.

Thanks for reminding me of how fucking incredible Assassin's Creed 2's soundtrack is.

#6 Posted by Kedi2 (252 posts) -

RE 4 is pretty memorable for me.

#7 Posted by EmuLeader (558 posts) -

Yep, the instant I read the title I thought Red Dead Redemption as well. Now that is some timing for you, right when they did what you least expected.

#8 Posted by fox01313 (5079 posts) -

How about Again? Great late title card in the quick look.

#9 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

The only one that comes to mind is Symphony of the Night.

#10 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2725 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption. So fucking awesome.

#11 Posted by Generic_Ninja (131 posts) -

Kingdom Hearts 2, Took a long time to reach the Late Title but its worth it when you see it.

#12 Edited by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid is the only answer

#13 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

No god damn question that it is Red Dead Redemption. No god damn question. None.

#14 Posted by Skyfire543 (710 posts) -

Red Dead Redeption
Jack Marston, walking away, John's Cattleman Revolver in his hand.  Fucking awesome.

#15 Posted by The_Nubster (2257 posts) -

Either Red Dead Redemption, or Resident Evil 4. I might err on the side of RE4, because it was all of the good gameplay of an actually good game for once, but all of the bad of the writing of a classic Resident Evil. Win/win!

#16 Posted by JeanLuc (3590 posts) -

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay is fantastic.

#17 Posted by Veektarius (4920 posts) -

ME 3 made an impression on me. That was a good sequence. Probably not the best, but these things don't really stick with me.

#18 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Hmm I played and loved RDR but I have no memory of this amazing late title card, what the hell? Anyone have a video link?

#19 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

FUCK! They need to release RDR on PC. I've already bought it for PS3 and 360, but I need to play it again! (Sold the 360 copy when my 5th Xbox died along with the rest of the games, and sold the PS3 copy to afford Skyrim on release.)

#20 Posted by Bulby33 (599 posts) -
@Cloudenvy said:

Thanks for reminding me of how fucking incredible Assassin's Creed 2's soundtrack is.

Agreed!
#21 Edited by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@Venatio said:

Hmm I played and loved RDR but I have no memory of this amazing late title card, what the hell? Anyone have a video link?

You might have just not actually completed the game. I almost didn't myself. *SPOILERS* You have to play as Jack and go to a town to get a quest to hunt down your dad's killer, and you eventually find him in Mexico hunting Ducks if I remember right, and you shoot his ass with no hesitation (actually you duel him, I guess) and as he falls in the river, you turn around and take a step towards the screen, then PAUSE BOOM RED SCREEN RDR TITLE CARD. And then the game is over.

*SPOILERS*

#22 Posted by Getz (3095 posts) -

@Venatio said:

It's after you beat the game, pretty much.

#23 Edited by Venatio (4491 posts) -

@xobballox said:

@Venatio said:

You might have just not actually completed the game. I almost didn't myself. *SPOILERS* You have to play as Jack and go to a town to get a quest to hunt down your dad's killer, and you eventually find him in Mexico hunting Ducks if I remember right, and you shoot his ass with no hesitation and as he falls in the river, you turn around and take a step towards the screen, then PAUSE BOOM RED SCREEN RDR TITLE CARD. And then the game is over.

Man that has to be the latest title card ever

I actually did hunt down Johns killer, that U.S. Marshall guy, I spoke to his wife and then shot him by some river, still can't remember the title card though, weird

EDIT: Watched the video you put up, I remember now, yeah it's pretty fucking awesome

#24 Posted by BonOrbitz (2212 posts) -

@xobballox said:

No god damn question that it is Red Dead Redemption. No god damn question. None.

^ God damn this, god damnit!

#25 Edited by predator (352 posts) -
#26 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Again, RDR SPOILERS:

@Venatio: It had a much stronger impact in the context that that son of a bitch just used and killed John who I came to love as a character as John heroically saved his family. It's gotta be one of my favorite moments in video games period.

#27 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

@xobballox said:

Again, RDR SPOILERS:

@Venatio: It had a much stronger impact in the context that that son of a bitch just used and killed John who I came to love as a character as John heroically saved his family. It's gotta be one of my favorite moments in video games period.

Agreed, it was so damn satisfying to shoot that lying bastard

#28 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption. The only answer.

If we're talking about movies... then I think the first one that comes to mind is Refn's Drive (2011).

#29 Posted by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -

Oh shit, probably Red Dead Redemption and Assassin's Creed 2.

#30 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

X-Men Origins Wolverine. Not that late, but dammit does it stick out.

#31 Posted by CptBedlam (4453 posts) -

@xobballox: Man, I still can't believe how fucking gorgeous this game looks.

#32 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Best Title screen at 13:50

#33 Edited by MaxOpower (213 posts) -

So yeah both Red Dead Redemption and Assassin's Creed 2 have great title cards.

Though I really really like journeys too, soooo natural, so awesome.

#34 Posted by PokeIkzai (385 posts) -

MGS4 and RDR are strong contenders.

#35 Posted by ajamafalous (12029 posts) -

Wolverine

#36 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

Red Dead.

#37 Posted by Masha2932 (1242 posts) -

X-Men origins: Wolverine's was pretty sweet.

#38 Posted by habster3 (3600 posts) -

Either Red Dead Redemption or the first Metal Gear Solid

#39 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1226 posts) -

I liked Gears of War 2's late title after the tutorial and Prescott's rally.

#40 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

Asura's Wrath.

THERE'S A LATE TITLE CARD BEFORE THE LAST LEVEL OF THE GAME.

#41 Posted by x0xGreywolfX0X (28 posts) -

Asuras wraith its pretty great

#42 Edited by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@GlenTennis said:

Asura's Wrath.

THERE'S A LATE TITLE CARD BEFORE THE LAST LEVEL OF THE GAME.

If we're going by how late the late title card is, clearly RDR wins here, man!

#43 Posted by Demoskinos (15010 posts) -

Bioshock had one didn't it?

#44 Posted by Diablos1125 (179 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption!!! I will fight any man that says otherwise!

#45 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

Asura's Wrath easily is the best i've ever seen.....

#46 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@xobballox: That's not a late title card, that is an ending screen with the title. I vote that a late title card can't come after credits.

#47 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@GlenTennis said:

@xobballox: That's not a late title card, that is an ending screen with the title. I vote that a late title card can't come after credits.

It comes before the credits though, unless there are credits after... that thing happened with the dude. I don't quite remember though.

#48 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

Another vote for RDR here. I played the game about a year after it came out and had managed to avoid all spoilers. That might have been the most amazing, satisfying ending to a game ever.

Part of that may have been due to the disappointment and shock of my character dying. It fit and seemed necessary, but I didn't think it was going to end there like that. When I was in control of an older Jack that could continue the game and take on that final mission I was really into it.

The late title card just gave it that extra punch.

#49 Posted by pyromagnestir (4326 posts) -

I cannot take this thread seriously since it did not have a late title card. Here let me help:

Your favorite Late Title Card?

#50 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5146 posts) -

ME2, ME3 and Assassins Creed 2.

I noticed that late title cards are not longer cool at Hollywood, what's cool now is title card before the end credits, I wonder how long it will take the video game industry to adopt this.