• 137 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by Deleth (250 posts) -

Since many of us play games on a regular basis and some for a very long time many of us might have certain lines from games they remember even after a long time. Either because they were cool, remarkable, idiotic or just hilarious. Things like the "Beacause you are a puppet." line in Final Fantasy 7 right after Aeriths death, where the whole tension and sad part of the situation ended in an instant and I just had to laugh.

#2 Posted by JacDG (2128 posts) -

These Ho's ain't Ho's.

#3 Posted by chickenfeet5029 (18 posts) -

I liked the line from Deus Ex Human Revolution "its not the end of the world but you can see from here".

#4 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

@Deleth said:

Since many of us play games on a regular basis and some for a very long time many of us might have certain lines from games they remember even after a long time. Either because they were cool, remarkable, idiotic or just hilarious. Things like the "Beacause you are a puppet." line in Final Fantasy 7 right after Aeriths death, where the whole tension and sad part of the situation ended in an instant and I just had to laugh.

i know the ff7 death thing is pretty well known by this point, but i bet theres someone out there who might not know, i hate spoilers :P.

#5 Posted by Branthog (5595 posts) -

A man chooses. A slave obeys.

#6 Edited by Swoxx (3006 posts) -

Shepard.

Also, can't go wrong with Rusty Galloway:

"You're the new face of the department, Phelps - the modern cop who tries to understand why the perp does what he does. Me, I just drop the hammer down on the lowlifes. You crunch a roach under your heel, you don't worry about what it's feeling, you just grind it into the pavement."

#7 Posted by Deleth (250 posts) -

@Sayishere said:

@Deleth said:

Since many of us play games on a regular basis and some for a very long time many of us might have certain lines from games they remember even after a long time. Either because they were cool, remarkable, idiotic or just hilarious. Things like the "Beacause you are a puppet." line in Final Fantasy 7 right after Aeriths death, where the whole tension and sad part of the situation ended in an instant and I just had to laugh.

i know the ff7 death thing is pretty well known by this point, but i bet theres someone out there who might not know, i hate spoilers :P.

It was released 1997, that's 15 years ago. Yes it really was that long ago. It's hard to come up with spoilers for such an old game. ;)

#8 Posted by Matoya (416 posts) -

"..."

Gordon Freeman

#9 Posted by Cheesebob (1246 posts) -

Its time to kick ass and chew bubble gum and I'm all out of gum - from Duke Nukem 3D

#10 Edited by mylifeforAiur (3489 posts) -

"You're pretty good."

#11 Posted by PopeSlyph (5 posts) -

"Thumbs down, you son of a bitch."

#12 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3217 posts) -

"Them floors was a little sticky if you know what I mean."

#13 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

"Now's not the time to be dead!"

#14 Posted by Commisar123 (1798 posts) -

"OH SHIT! THEM HOS AIN'T HOS!"

#15 Posted by natetodamax (19217 posts) -

Pretty much everything that Zimos says in Saints Row The Third is gold.

#16 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

"Deductive reasoning like woah, son!"

#17 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -
@Cheesebob said:

Its time to kick ass and chew bubble gum and I'm all out of gum - from Duke Nukem 3D

I hate that this has become so associated with Duke Nukem now. He's a walking joke now, and I have to refrain from quoting the line. :(
#18 Posted by gorkamorkaorka (444 posts) -

Various ways Orks say "SPOICE MUHREENS", "FOR THE EMPEROR", "An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.", "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" from Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, and Dawn of War.

"MY CHUTE IS GONE! MY DAMN CHUTE IS GONE!" -Nomad, Crysis

"Let's mosey." -Cloud, Final Fantasy 7

"I got a good feeling!" -Party Member, Final Fantasy Tactics

"PUT MY DOG IN YOUR MOUTH!" -Hotdog Vendor, GTA IV

"I had reach but she had... flexibility." -Garrus, Mass Effect 2

"I'm YOU. I'm YOUR SHADOW." -Liquid Snake, Metal Gear Solid

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be." -Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid 4

"Never know what hit 'em." "I'm gone!" -Ghost, Starcraft

"This is why I fight. This is my normal. This is my nature. I think it's time for JACK to LET HER RIP!" -Raiden, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Quoth the raven, deal with it.

#19 Posted by StarvingGamer (8476 posts) -

So you like SUIKODEN?

#20 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@gorkamorkaorka said:

"MY CHUTE IS GONE! MY DAMN CHUTE IS GONE!" -Nomad, Crysis

<3
#21 Posted by ShaggE (6637 posts) -
#22 Posted by N7 (3658 posts) -
@mylifeforAiur said:

"You're pretty good."

"This is good... Isn't it?"
#23 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -

"Jumping into the pit is a good idea. Get to ground faster that way"-NPC, KOTOR2

#24 Edited by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

"A winner is you" -ending to half the NES games I grew up with.

Also, Poker Night at the Inventory is an entire game full of epic quotes, while playing poker. Best 5 bucks you'll ever spend.

#25 Edited by Moncole (636 posts) -

Murder Time, Fun Time.

#26 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -

"You could ask her...but she'll probably just want you to hug somebody." - The King, Fallout: New Vegas
 
"Most people have evil spirits, you have stupid spirits." - Sulik, Fallout 2 (low INT pc)

#27 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

@mandude said:

@Cheesebob said:

Its time to kick ass and chew bubble gum and I'm all out of gum - from Duke Nukem 3D

I hate that this has become so associated with Duke Nukem now. He's a walking joke now, and I have to refrain from quoting the line. :(

I know, that fucking quote isn't originally from Duke anyway, it's from They Live

#28 Posted by TobbRobb (4823 posts) -

Max: Mind if I drive?

Sam: Not if you don't mind me clawing at the dash and shrieking like a cheerleader

#29 Edited by gorkamorkaorka (444 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@gorkamorkaorka said:

"MY CHUTE IS GONE! MY DAMN CHUTE IS GONE!" -Nomad, Crysis

<3

I was pretty assured that I was the only one who thought that line was any special. Actually it's "My chute's gone! My damn chute is gone! I've got no main. No reserve."

"Gordon Freeman in the flesh. Or rather, in the Hazard Suit. I TOOK the liberty of relieving you of your weapons. Most of them were government property. As for the suit, I think you've earned it. The border world Xen is in our control for the time being, thanks to you. Quite a nasty piece of work you managed over there. I am impressed. That's why I'm here Mr. Freeman. I have recconmed your servies to my e-e-e-employers. And they have authorized me to offer you a job. They agree with me that you have limitlesssss potential."

"Rise and shine Mr Freeman. Rise and shine. Not that I wish to imply that you have been sleeping on the job. No one is more deserving of a rest and all the effort in the world would have gone to waste... until well, lets just say your hour has come again. The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the aaasheees."

"Time, Dr. Freeman? Is it really that time again?"

"Doctor Freeeemaaaaan..." -G-Man

"THE EXTRACT" -Vortigaunt

"I was a cop. For a day." -Leon S. Kennedy

#30 Posted by Lord_Vetinari (15 posts) -

DEATH TO THE SALAD EATERS!! Armed & Dangerous

#31 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@gorkamorkaorka said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@gorkamorkaorka said:

"MY CHUTE IS GONE! MY DAMN CHUTE IS GONE!" -Nomad, Crysis

<3

I was pretty assured that I was the only one who thought that line was any special. Actually it's "My chute's gone! My damn chute is gone! I've got no main. No reserve."

It was the first thing I heard after snapping out of absolute amazement, it'll always be carved in my memory.
#32 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4745 posts) -

"You exist because we allow it and you will end because we demand it." - Sovereign, Mass Effect

One of the only times I can ever remember a single line from a game sent chills down my spine.

#33 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

@Voxel said:

Pretty much everything that Zimos says in Saints Row The Third is gold.

Pretty much everything anyone says in Saints Row The Third is gold.

#34 Posted by StarvingGamer (8476 posts) -

Apostate prostitutes? Apostitutes!

#35 Posted by HisDudeness (254 posts) -

@gorkamorkaorka said:

"Gordon Freeman in the flesh. Or rather, in the Hazard Suit. I TOOK the liberty of relieving you of your weapons. Most of them were government property. As for the suit, I think you've earned it. The border world Xen is in our control for the time being, thanks to you. Quite a nasty piece of work you managed over there. I am impressed. That's why I'm here Mr. Freeman. I have recconmed your servies to my e-e-e-employers. And they have authorized me to offer you a job. They agree with me that you have limitlesssss potential."

"Rise and shine Mr Freeman. Rise and shine. Not that I wish to imply that you have been sleeping on the job. No one is more deserving of a rest and all the effort in the world would have gone to waste... until well, lets just say your hour has come again. The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the aaasheees."

"Time, Dr. Freeman? Is it really that time again?"

"Doctor Freeeemaaaaan..." -G-Man

Pretty much everything the G-Man says is unforgettable.

Also "Jill, here's a lockpick. It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you."

#36 Posted by Cheesebob (1246 posts) -

@Black_Rose: But I only know it from Duke Nukem. I haven't watched They Live

#37 Posted by Hargreaves93 (234 posts) -

@Voxel said:

Pretty much everything that Zimos says in Saints Row The Third is gold.

I agree so much with this.

#38 Posted by DeF (4958 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

So you like SUIKODEN?

it was so cool that it even worked with the emulated PSX memory card on PS3 ... and coincidentally, I happened to have a suikoden save file on there, too :D

#39 Edited by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

"Thought I'd try shooting my way out. Mix things up a little."

"The wind. It is blowing."

"Jackpot". Best part of DMC3, hands down. Also, everything G-Man says ever.

Oh yeah, I forgot about this little exchange from Uncharted 3. I probably mucked it up.

Ramses: "Iram of The Pillars. Where is it?"

Drake: "I don't know."

Ramses: "You insult me!"

Drake: "...you're a pirate!"

Ramses: "And a good business man!"

Nolan North's delivery cracked me up.

#40 Posted by Chemin (633 posts) -

"War... war never changes". 
 
Or anything by Kreia in Kotor 2.
 
There's a ton of lines and quotes I enjoy, probably, but heck, one has to remember them first. Right? My memory is junk.

#41 Posted by TMThomsen (2080 posts) -

PILLS HERE.

#42 Posted by Chemin (633 posts) -
@TMThomsen said:

PILLS HERE.

BOOMER BILE!
#43 Posted by Nottle (1919 posts) -

"I come here looking for Tatyana, and what do i find? A greasy freebooter" Volgin MGS3.

"Kept you waiting huh?" "Got it!" -Snake. Snake in general has pretty good lines.

Colonel going beserk in MG2 "I need scissors 61" and him explaining why your a pawn.

"7 minutes, 7 minutes is all I have to play with you" Wesker RE5

Anything Bill says in L4D. Anything Breen says in HL2. "Tell me, Dr. Freeman, if you can. You have destroyed so much. What is it, exactly, that you have created? Can you name even one thing? I thought not."

#44 Posted by Capum15 (4967 posts) -
@cstrang said:

@Voxel said:

Pretty much everything that Zimos says in Saints Row The Third is gold.

Pretty much everything anyone says in Saints Row The Third is gold.

I agree, there are so many hilarious lines. I think my favorite Zimos line is - "Kind of. I'm gonna auction you off as a sex slave." "Fuck. That." "Oh quit being a bitch and get in the van."

And Angel, "A fucking tiger?!" "If you're fighting the Luchadores, you need to be ready for anything." "A fucking tiger?!" "Don't lose the message in the method, you've mastered your fear."  "What the fuck is wrong with you?" - How "meh" Angel is makes it great.

Kinzie: "You need to get laid." "There's technology for that." "Not the same.", or right after getting the computer, "I need time to figure it out." "So, like a gun?" "No, it's not the same. You need to learn how it works, get a feel for it." "So...like a gun. Or a car. Or a guy. Or, girl, if you swing that way." "It's not the same!"

Oleg: "How can I help you?" "Need your opinion on Viola DeWynter." "My personal opinion is that she's a useless whore..."

There are tons of others from various games, Three Dog stands out quite a bit especially in this video, as with Eden.
#45 Posted by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

@Chemin said:

@TMThomsen said:

PILLS HERE.

BOOMER BILE!

THOSE ZOMBIES HAVE ARMOR. I WANT ARMOR TOO!

#46 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

I like the part in Saints Row: The Third where Boss says "It's like a helicopter fucked a jet!" upon his initial flight of the VTOL.

#47 Posted by GeneralZod37 (267 posts) -

"I'll hack you from crotch to gizzard and feed what's left to your dogs!" - Malek in Blood Omen Legacy of Kain

Can recount playing that game so long ago and it is filled with great lines but that is still my favorite.

#48 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Jay-Son!

#49 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1849 posts) -

here to help- Lincoln assault force end of conduit 2

also EH COUSIN WANT TO GO BOWLING?

#50 Posted by MythDarK (555 posts) -

"In time, one man will seek to rule over all. It is human nature, inescapable." - The Wise One, Golden Sun: The Lost Age