Your favorite pokemon game?

jeanespinosa21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Whats your favorite game? mine personally is still emerald just because there was so much more to do after you beat the elite four.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Hunter5024

Silver is my favorite. Generation 2 evolved the mechanics of earlier games in a lot of cool ways, and getting to go back and explore the previous region and face off against Red was really cool to me.

Edit: I would probably say my favorite is Soul Silver though. Same game but with a bunch of cool new shit in it too.

TowerSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably black/white- I have a lot of fond memories of crystal, but the fact that it was before the physical/special split is kinda a bummer- though I admit I haven't played the 2nd gen remakes. Skipped 3rd gen, first gen was wonderful for starting the franchise but broken in a lot of ways. That leaves gen IV and V, and my god, after playing V I could never go back to IV. The battles are so slow by comparison. Black and White may not have revolutionized the franchise, but they are, I think, far and away the most polished entries I've played.

Though the 4th gen Pokemon league was rad. That Cynthia fight is how you end a Pokemon game right.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Emerald or Fire Red maybe.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Sapphire, I just can't look at the 4th generation pokemon without asking myself "wtf is that?" They just look so random from that point on. And sure there a lot more important factors to consider in which game was your favorite, but to me, the weird pokemon are just a complete dealbreaker to the point that I wouldn't even consider the games. I can't get immersed if I'm constantly looking at them and instead of thinking "oh wow, that's creative" i'm telling myself "is that supposed to be abstract" every single time.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Yellow. Then again, I never touched another Pokemon game after Silver/Gold so my choices are a bit limited. Not even sure why I stopped playing to be honest. I never really felt like I "outgrew" the series or anything. I guess I just never got around to it. Meh.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

HeartGold/SoulSilver, followed by FireRed/LeafGreen.

beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By beeftothetaco

Gold/Silver.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Yellow, then SoulSilver

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Gold/Silver

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I would say Silver since that game had so much to do and it was pretty cool to go back to kanto.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I really like the first 3 gens a lot. The DS remakes of Gold and Silver are probably my favorite though.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fire Red/Leaf Green combined the improved mechanics and art of the later games with the best pokemon in the series. Gold an Silver were pretty good too. i never played the DS ones because I never owned a DS.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red, son.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red, son.

WaterLord0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pokemon Silver/Gold it was the first time I could have a full team of eevee/eevee evolutions.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Silver is my favorite. Generation 2 evolved the mechanics of earlier games in a lot of cool ways, and getting to go back and explore the previous region and face off against Red was really cool to me.

This guy has it right, IMO. I grow less and less fond of the Pokemon designs with each passing generation, and Silver hit the sweet spot between having all the Pokemon I loved while still adding some new ones. I didn't particularly care for any of the ones after that, but they're not bad by any means. Just different and feel even slower.

CircusPeanuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fire Red/ Leaf Green have special places in my heart.

Wess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By Wess

My favorites will always be the original Red/Blue. However, outside of that Platinum is pretty awesome. If I just order the different generations, I think it would be this:

1. Red/Blue (Gen 1)
  2. Diamond/Pearl (Gen 4)
  3. Gold/Silver (Gen 2)
  4. Black/White (Gen 5)
  5. Ruby/Sapphire (Gen 3)
EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Gotta be Yellow. Surfing pikachu mini game, absolutely fantastic.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I can't quite even remember what the differences between them where anymore. I followed the series up till I think... Crystal? Whichever one it was that introduced the option to play as a girl. I enjoyed 'em all a lot way back when, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Blue is the best because Blastoise is on the cover. My actual favorite is either Leafgreen or Emerald.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'd say Yellow. It was a get well gift and I loved the thing, though at first I kept losing my save because I thought the game saves automatically.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Red has the best memories for me, but I think it was Silver that felt like the game had a good evolution. Hoping X/Y moving to 3D will be as good as I'm allowing myself to hope for.

Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Blue...Silver was also good. I have not played a Pokemon game since

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Gold and Silver. Who needs 8 badges when in GS you could get 16!

@yummylee said:

I can't quite even remember what the differences between them where anymore. I followed the series up till I think... Crystal? Whichever one it was that introduced the option to play as a girl. I enjoyed 'em all a lot way back when, though.

yeah I believe it was Crystal that let you choose between playing as a boy or girl

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By 49th

Gold because of the extra badges.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

16 badges > 8 badges. As a kid, that's the math I used to determine that Silver/Gold were better than the previous games. Oh, and Totodile was totally awesome.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zeik

Black/White is probably my favorite to actually play, but Red/Blue will always hold a special place.

I've never quite understood the love for Gold/Silver. It's a fine game, but I didn't think it was as outstanding as some people make it out to be. But maybe it's just my experience with the original and the time in which I played it. It was right when I was starting burn out on Pokemon (after burning white hot from the moment I played Blue), so I left the game with mixed feelings.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Diamond because it was the first one to take advantage of playing others through wifi. I could literally be playing against my cousin across the country in my boxers and briefs.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gen 2 followed immediately by its remakes in gen 4, but both are kinda centered on well-founded nostalgia. I skipped gen 5, but I'll be getting gen 6.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Gen 1 will always have a special place in my heart but there is something I really love about each gen except 3. 3 was fine but was more about looking great than anything else.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By donkeycow

Yellow, because you freaking get all 3 starters!