Your Favorite Video Game Trailer/s?

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_A_Drain

Apologies if this is a duplicate, I couldn't find a post like this by searching :) not in general anyway.

Anyhow, what are your favorite videogame trailers? Doesn't matter if the game was good or not, or you even like the genre, we're just looking at the trailers here :D

My personal favorite is this one (or three, or four if you count the last as a proper trailer)

So much style, with just a pinch of cornyness haha :D I love them I could watch them all day.
As well as the combo trailer

Can't find the vid of it right now, but the E3 trailer for Forza 3 was absolutely amazing as well, the 'Car Balet' one or whatever it was called. Edit: Found it.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Warfare

before they fucked it up.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By gingertastic_10

I love it, plus the song by Nina Simone is great.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MeierTheRed

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Warfare:

Oh wow, that looked fucking epic! Reminds me of how badly they fucked up Timeshift when they 'redesigned' it ;_;

Also, aha!! Found it, been looking for this trailer for ages, imo this is the single most epic videogame trailer ever made. It's so fucking awesome. Shame about the game itself though ;_;

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By FrankCanada97

Not a trailer but close enough:

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Illmatic

Say what you will about the franchise, but this was one bad ass trailer that got me pumped for the game.
Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Illmatic
@PeasForFees said:
" "Badass" Does not make a good trailer "
...I'm sorry, I really don't see how that makes any sense. Badass is a phrase used to describe something as cool or entertaining. Cool/entertaining things are usually seen as good. A badass trailer is a good trailer. Yeah, it didn't show any hard info on the game other than the bubble shield but it was entertaining which is what I always want from a trailer.
C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By C0V3RT
@Illmatic said:
"

Say what you will about the franchise, but this was one bad ass trailer that got me pumped for the game.
"

Agreed.  I watched this trailer countless times.
Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Tylea002

THIS is how you do epic. Feel the music build up the heart rush. Get dragged in. If you're not cheering by the time the fanfare eventually draws in, then you have no heart.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_A_Drain
@PeasForFees:

Wow, can't go one single thread without an argument involving Halo. Oh well, at least I didn't start it this time, that's gotta be a first. Post your fave trailer dude, or politely GTFO.
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Bigandtasty
Mass Effect 2 (yes I am a lazy butt for not embedding), but that probably has something to do with me really wanting the game.
Drrizzit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Drrizzit

Ummm prolly halo 3 finish the fight, or World of warcraft Rise of the litch king

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_A_Drain
@PeasForFees:

That's more like it dude :D I really like some of the GTA ones, although the Fallout one I have bad memories of, first time I saw it, as a rabid Fallout fanboy I nearly puked with rage. Happily Fallout 3 was a fantastic game.
pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By pweidman

Man there are some great trailers posted in this thread....many that remind me of how much I enjoyed the games like BBC, and Halo 3.  And that Dark Sector trailer was epic...too bad they decided to move away from that style in the final game.  As of late, two stick out in my memory.  First, Rockstar's  Red Dead Redemption trailer....those guys know how to make kickass trailers with tremendous voice talent. Then the Dragon Age E3 trailer...just beautiful to look at.
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14320288/red-dead-redemption/videos/reddead_trl_wildwest_50509.html

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14290725/dragon-age/videos/dragonageorigins_trl_e3trailer_60109.html

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#20  Edited By the8bitNacho

Not a trailer per se, but this TV commercial for Resident Evil 2 was pretty fantastic.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By lemon360
ya sorry i failed

edit: YES!! SUCCESS
edit: fuck
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I can probably find a better game trailer, but IMO this is the best MMO trailer.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By buzz_clik

All the Team Fortress 2 "Meet the..." teasers were brilliant. I'm not posting them all here, but they're well worth watching if you've not done so already.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ineedaname
@buzz_clik: The scout one was the best.

However the only trailer to make me want a game:

thebipsnbeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thebipsnbeeps

I know there's a better one, and I'm not sure if it even counts as a straight-up "trailer", but the intro movie for The Beatles: Rock Band practically blows my mind every time I see it. Something about The Beatles falling down in acid-lush colors and walking around in acid-lush environments usually does that to me for some reason, though. I'd post it, but I'm still trying to get how to do such a likely simple task. And you guys have probably seen it and talked about it already; it can surely be found in the site. Til then, I'll find a better one, cause I know there was one that made me go "gah that's ridiculous!", the ones that, in my eyes, always make fantastic trailers.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By penguindust

Recent game trailers for Uncharted 2 : Among Thieves(Teaser trailer) , Star Wars: The Old Republic(E3'09) and Mass Effect 2(Teaser trailer) are all very good and well known.
My current favorites though are Interstellar Marines(Photo Shoot trailer) and The Secret World(Launch trailer) because they were completely unexpected and got me hyped to play the games someday.

gormers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By gormers

The Secret World trailer is very awesome, yes.

However, this one just an amazing piece of trailer. Catchy as hell, it makes the game look easy to play ;(

edit: if shit doesnt work, heres a link to this bionic commando rearmed trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daDiZrmZb-c&feature=fvst

Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By TheLawnWrangler