• 52 results
Edited 11 months, 19 days ago

Poll: Your favourite Cry game? (189 votes)

Cryostasis 1%
Crysis 8%
Crysis Warhead 2%
Crysis 2 2%
Crysis 3 1%
Devil May Cry 2%
Devil May Cry 2 0%
Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening 14%
Devil May Cry 4 3%
DmC Devil May Cry 15%
Far Cry 2%
Far Cry 2 12%
Far Cry 3 30%
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon 6%
Other? ;_; 4%

Originally I was thinking of having a poll just restricted to Far Cry and its descendents, but, hey, Cryostasis and DM(m)C can join the crying party too :'D

• I absolutely love Cryostasis - extremely creative and a fantastic atmosphere. Shame about the poor optimisation.
  • Crysis was really something special to me - even when I played it for the first time years after its release - I especially loved that middle level.
  • DmC Devil May Cry - I had never played a Devil May Cry game before, so I didn't have much in the way of expectations, but I really had a blast playing it. There's also some areas with stunning visual design.
  • But my favourite would have to be Far Cry 2 - I found it to be incredibly immersive. I just loved being within the game world, even if it meant having malaria. To me, it was such a wonderful experience.
#1 Posted by l4wd0g (2231 posts) -

Does Ryse count? It's not a good game but I really enjoyed it. If not, the original crisis was pretty good.

#2 Posted by BeachThunder (13306 posts) -

@l4wd0g said:

Does Ryse count? It's not a good game but I really enjoyed it. If not, the original crisis was pretty good.

It would have if they'd called it Cryse :|

#3 Posted by l4wd0g (2231 posts) -

@beachthunder: thanks for the clarification I was assuming you were talking about Crytek, so I was wondering about some of the Farcry games.

#4 Posted by Turtlebird95 (3143 posts) -

Far Cry 2 is bad and you should feel bad.

Probably Blood Dragon.

#5 Posted by ripelivejam (6475 posts) -

The Crying Game

#6 Posted by Clonedzero (4206 posts) -

Alot of those i have not played, but Far Cry 3 was pretty god damn awesome and ill punch anyone who says otherwise.

Do you really wanna get punched son?

#7 Posted by fisk0 (5314 posts) -

What about Cry of Fear? Not that I thought it was good, but it's certainly a crying game.

Of the above I probably liked Crysis 1, Far Cry 2 and 3 the most. While I think Far Cry 2 is underappreciated, I still think I had the most fun with the original Crysis.

#8 Edited by ThunderSlash (2406 posts) -

Far Cry: Instincts was pretty good.

#9 Posted by Clonedzero (4206 posts) -

Crysis 1 was really great, like kinda amazing. Until SPOILERS aliens show up and make the game suck.

#10 Posted by BeachThunder (13306 posts) -

@fisk0 said:

What about Cry of Fear? Not that I thought it was good, but it's certainly a crying game.

Ha, I was going to include that, but I thought it was better to just leave that as part of the other category - along with the console exclusive Far Cry games and the Devil May Cry pachinko/slot machine game...

#11 Posted by TheHT (12572 posts) -

DMC3 or Crysis 1. Probably DMC3 because Crysis got full of suck towards the end. But holy shit the beginning there up until the aliens was one of the best game experiences I've had. Still, DMC3 was more consistently rad.

But dude, sneaking around with camo and taking out a base, or desperately hiding from helicopters at like 10% health, or raming a truck into a buncha bad guys before getting out to superjump over to a guy to grab him by the neck and superthrow him was sooooooo goooooooood.

They really fucked up the stealth in Crysis 2, and I haven't played Crysis 3 yet, because they fucked up Crysis 2. Far Cry has carried the torch of that sort of gameplay, but Far Cry 3's story is so laughable terrible. It's one of the few times I was taking a piss on all the bullshit characters while waiting until I could go around being the fucking Predator again (minus the optic camouflage, which Crysis has).

Far Cry 4 looks like it could be better all around, so that'll probably end up being my favourite "Cry" game.

#12 Posted by ViciousBearMauling (1569 posts) -

DMC 3 is fucking amazing.

Please god let no one pick DmC or DMC 2

#13 Posted by believer258 (12972 posts) -

I think that Crysis 2 is a very good shooter.

#14 Posted by AndrewB (7782 posts) -

I could have sworn I hit "post reply." Must have gotten lost in the ether.

I was also going to nominate Cry of Fear, but it definitely wouldn't win as my favorite.

I've never finished a Far Cry game *or* a Crysis game, but I'd still say the open-world moments in Crysis where you were basically playing Predator were both awesome and super pretty. Much more fun than the little I've played of Crysis 2 or any of the other Far Cry games.

#15 Posted by DoctorDonkey (782 posts) -

DMC2 obviously, you can you hammer on one button (shoot) from start to finish and have the sound of two pistols firing ingrained into your mind forever!

Probably a toss up between Far Cry 3 and DMC1. FC3 was just so much fun to run around the world; you can fucking BOOKin that game, it moved at such a faster pace than either of the previous entries. DMC1 was very impressive from a combat perspective, at the time. It also had great atmosphere, the castle is very eerie, you could definitely see the Resident Evil roots. I personally disliked the way that series went after the first, too much crazy 200 hit combo nonsense for me.

#16 Edited by Corevi (6793 posts) -

Blood Dragon just for the soundtrack and visuals. It also provided us with the first clean (ish) recording of Friends Forever from Miami Connection.

Loading Video...

#17 Edited by Random45 (1445 posts) -

As the only Crysis: Warhead vote, I picked it because despite it being a really short game clocking in at around 3 hours,it's a DAMN good campaign. It seriously felt like an 80s or early 90s action movie, and even when the aliens come in, you still fight both the North Koreans AND the aliens. It's just a load of fun all the way through, and due to the short nature of the game, it doesn't overstay its welcome.

Edit: I remember playing Cryostasis when it first came out, and I was having a load of fun with it. But I hit a game breaking bug where I was in permanent no-clip mode upon loading the next level, and I couldn't find anyway to undo it even with the help of the internet. It really ruined the experience for me, since I was pretty sure I was getting close to the end of the game at that point. That meant restarting wasn't an option, so I just kinda left it and forgot about it.

#18 Posted by WhytePanther (113 posts) -

How about CRYstalis? Pure classic that was.

#19 Posted by TobbRobb (5216 posts) -

ETA until Devil May Cry 2 gets an unironic vote: Never

#21 Posted by TheRealMoot (527 posts) -

Crysis 2. Can't put my finger on why, but I really really like that game.

@tobbrobb said:

ETA until Devil May Cry 2 gets an unironic vote: Never

I hate that game so very much.

#22 Posted by csl316 (11111 posts) -

DMC 3 had so much emotion!

#23 Posted by CarolinaFan3515 (212 posts) -

Depending on your accent, Assassin's Cried could be an option. That second game was pretty good.

#24 Posted by Nodima (1545 posts) -

DmC: Devil May Cry followed by the original Devil May Cry. I haven't played any of the others in this poll, not even Devil May Cry 2, 3 or 4.

#25 Edited by EuanDewar (5155 posts) -

Devil May Cry 3. Adore that game. I really like all the DMC games actually, 2013's DmC included. Never played that much of DMC2 though. A lot of people would probably say I didn't miss much but what I played of it I didn't especially dislike.

I like all the Far Cry games well enough, 3 is probably my favourite. Never really properly enjoyed a Crysis game but to be fair the only one I've fully completed was the first one.

Never played Cryostasis but I've been curious about it ever since Dave raved about it back in 2009. Hope by some act of god it gets put back up on Steam or GOG someday.

#26 Posted by Nictel (2662 posts) -
#27 Posted by PimblyCharles (1784 posts) -

I so badly wanted to vote Cryostasis, but I think Far Cry 2 and 3 are better games. I'm actually playing through Cryostasis again (for the third time and after many years), and am amazed at how well it holds up. It's still just as creepy as it ever was.

#28 Posted by Dimi3je (432 posts) -
#29 Edited by Loafsmooch (471 posts) -

I see a lack of love for the original Far Cry. That game had me hooked so bad I was even playing it on my laptop without a mouse. I bet it's the first few levels that makes people look at Far Cry and think: "ah, another generic fps campaign". But when it opens up it was really amazing for that era.

#30 Posted by Spoonman671 (5136 posts) -

If your game's guns don't jam, you best go and scram.

If your fire don't propagate, expect other games to dominate.

If your protagonist is lacking malaria, get your face out of my area.

Far Cry 2.

#31 Posted by Dixavd (1525 posts) -

I have played DmC, Far Cry 3, and Devil May Cry 4. I have completed none of them but have the fondest memories of DmC - especially from an art-direction perspective - so I voted for that.

#32 Edited by DharmaBum (1072 posts) -

Far Cry 2. Finished the story for the first time yesterday actually.

#33 Posted by Nightriff (6474 posts) -

Far Cry 3 for me, but haven't played very many of those titles.

#34 Posted by Pr1mus (4107 posts) -

DmC, by far. Never liked Devil May Cry before the reboot.

Don't really care for Far Cry in general, even 3 but Far Cry 4 does look interesting and all the Crysis games are super boring.

No idea about Cryostasis.

#35 Posted by ToTheNines (1118 posts) -

Contrary to what many say, Crysis is a great game.

#36 Posted by GERALTITUDE (4550 posts) -

D-D-D-Devil May Cry!

Or Far Cry 2.

Malaria.

#37 Posted by SunBroZak (1832 posts) -

Torn between Far Cry 2 and Far Cry 3. The third game was more enjoyable as a game, but the second half of the game was a slog and the whole thing felt a little too Ubisoft-y. As in they've taken all the open world stuff in Assassin's Creed and inserted it into everything. Still, malaria and respawning bandits wasn't very enjoyable.

I'll go with Far Cry 2 just because it had more interesting ideas.

#38 Posted by GalacticPunt (1197 posts) -

The Crying Game

I know all there is to know about The Crying Game.

I wrote the Prima strategy guide for it.

#39 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (585 posts) -

I like the Crysis games a whole lot more than most people do, but dammit if Far Cry 3 wasn't one of the most fun times I had with a shooter last gen. DmC is up there too, if only for finally making me give a shit about that series(and then get super bummed that there probably won't be a follow-up).

#40 Edited by conmulligan (1251 posts) -

I'd have to go with Far Cry 2. It's got some glaring flaws, but I loved that game's atmosphere and commitment to immersion.

#41 Posted by Getz (3444 posts) -

I'm with you, Far Cry 2 was incredible when it came out. Far Cry 3 is better mechanically but doesn't touch 2's atmosphere.

#42 Posted by Entreri10 (484 posts) -

Probably Far Cry 3 ...unless Pokemon CRYstal counts..

#43 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12897 posts) -

Devil May Cry 3 is still my favorite character action game, so that wins.

After that? Probably Blood Dragon because it's exceptionally stupid and a much tighter experience than actual Far Cry 3, which I thought dragged a little too long on top of me hating where the story went.

#44 Edited by UlquioKani (1286 posts) -

DmC followed closely by Far Cry 3. I liked Far Cry 2 design wise but the game felt much stiffer than other shooters so I couldn't love it. As for Crysis, I've only played 2 and 3. 2 was a fun ride but 3 is super boring.

I loved everything about DmC though. I'm just saddened by the lack of a sequel.

#45 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2067 posts) -
#46 Edited by Sweep (9752 posts) -

All my games are cry games :(

#47 Posted by Vahleticar (234 posts) -

This a nice fuckin' topic

#48 Posted by spankingaddict (2835 posts) -
#49 Posted by Quarters (2133 posts) -

Man, touch choice. I'd probably go with DmC, or Crysis 3 actually. Really liked the plot of that one, thought it was a good ending to the trilogy.

#50 Posted by Fredchuckdave (7460 posts) -

Crysis. DMC 3 is pretty good though.