• 107 results
#51 Posted by AjayRaz (12464 posts) -

MGS2. hands down one (if not, the) best intros EVER 

#52 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I thought the opening to Sonic Adventure was insane, at least for the time:

#53 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4897 posts) -
I thought Resident Evil 5's intro was awesome even though I didn't like the game all that much, the song was just so damn good. I also loved MGS2's opening.  

Other than that... can''t really think of anything off the top of my head.
#54 Posted by KuwabaraTheMan (155 posts) -

Final Fantasy X, hands down. That opening still gets to me. The slow piano music playing with the narration, every part of how that game opens is just wonderful.

#55 Posted by MasturbatingBear (1781 posts) -

Donkey Kong 64, Skies of Arcadia, Final fantasy 8, Chrono Trigger (snes and psx)

#56 Posted by MasturbatingBear (1781 posts) -

#57 Posted by JokerClown88 (1051 posts) -

This 

#58 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

The first one that comes to my mind is the Tales of Symphonia intrro video, though Fallout 3's vault, the space station in Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4s initial village are others that really stand out

#59 Posted by buzz_clik (7014 posts) -

No doubt I'll think of some others later, but a more recent one that leaps readily to mind is Left 4 Dead.

My mates and I got a couple of copies and system-linked a couple of 360s with a big ass plasma for each. Fired up the first machine and all stood there in the lounge room, gobsmacked by how kinetic and intense the intro for that game was. As soon as it finished, there was a bit of a stunned silence, then gleeful cussing as four dudes dived for their controllers.

#60 Edited by PureRok (4236 posts) -
@gamer4life said:

" Final Fantasy X...  it blew me away back then "

Man, that song was awesome.

#61 Edited by NTM (7519 posts) -

This should be obvious. For a first time seeing, it's definetely both Half Life 2 and Bioshock. It's a lot about how mysterious both those two games were introduced. You had no clue as to what was going on, in which made you highly interested in what anything was going to be about.
#62 Edited by chronicsmoke (999 posts) -

All the MGS games and bioshock are some that come to mind
#63 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4606 posts) -

I always loved the way the Cutscenes in the Homeworld games worked, with the black and white cartoon stillshots... if that's what they're called. The first time you see it, you can tell things are gonna get interesting. 

....aaaand Freespace 2! 

#64 Edited by Jeust (10818 posts) -

One that i like always to watch is Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3: 

Persona 3 is also very good... 

And the silent hill ones... 

Freaky :p 

But the best intro gaming sequence for me was in Resident Evil 5, though i didn't like the game very much... But it leaved me overwhelmed.
#65 Edited by PenguinDust (12601 posts) -

This was the best thing I ever saw when I was younger and it still ranks the highest on my list of openings.  It was unlike anything I had ever seen at the time.   

#66 Posted by killdave (1073 posts) -
@End_Boss said:

"

"
Damn I LOVE that game !
#67 Posted by Eder (444 posts) -
@RHCPfan24 said:

" I thought the opening to Sonic Adventure was insane, at least for the time:

"
Fuck YEAH!! I was gonna post this. I was very dissapointed when SA2 didn't have an intro.
#68 Posted by lordofultima (6270 posts) -

The original Half-life, cmon now guys. Doesn't get any cooler than that for the time it came out.

#69 Posted by killdave (1073 posts) -

The blizzard games all have amazing intros

each one of them getting better with time

#70 Posted by Ignor (2372 posts) -
#71 Posted by natetodamax (19217 posts) -

#72 Posted by borgmaster (514 posts) -

it is shameful that the original Fallout is not on here, absolutely shameful. You made Ron Perlman cry, I hope you're happy.

also, it's been said but Bioshock, the Half-life games, mass effect, and CoD4 all had amazing intro sequences/levels.

#73 Posted by Cyphalon (19 posts) -
The intro to Final Fantasy VIII
#74 Posted by Jeust (10818 posts) -

The Witcher... It has a great intro 

At the time this ones was one of the best... 

#75 Posted by MrSnow (1213 posts) -

Hitman blood money god i love that game.

#76 Posted by Absinthetic (172 posts) -

onimusha 3

#77 Posted by Thwackers (25 posts) -

I used to love the old Command and conquer CG intros.  

Thwackers.tv
#78 Edited by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

I won't say it's the best, but it surely was the first intro i saw of a game that blew me away. 

Salamander (MSX, 1986)  
P.S. 
I was age nine at the time...
#79 Posted by SilvarusLupus (310 posts) -

Digital Devil Saga 2 intro movie:

And I don't know if this counts since the game isn't out yet, but the  Persona 3 PSP intro sends chills up my spine.

#80 Posted by dopeman (387 posts) -

easy. GTA4, Bioshock,COD4.

#81 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -
@gamer4life said:
" Final Fantasy X...  it blew me away back then "
hell yuh, everything from FFX blew me away game was graphically stunning for its time
#82 Edited by xyzygy (10065 posts) -
@PenguinDust said:

" Now, do you mean the little movie that plays before you hit "Start" or do you mean the first few minutes of the game?  Anyway, besides the ones previously mentioned above, I got hooked on the cartoon opening of the PS2 game SkyGunner [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZerrPE-N-MU].  The game is pretty good as well, although not ground breaking.

But in recent memory, the opening to Devil May Cry 4 impressed me the most.  After I saw it, I went "Wow!".

"
Agreed. The song that plays here is beautiful. 

Oh man, I totally forgot about Lost Odyssey! 

#83 Posted by MachoFantastico (4862 posts) -

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but one close to my heart is the intro for Soul Blade (Soul Edge in the US).  

Since though, the Soul Calibur intros have kind of sucked big time. This was a classic I use to always watch and sing along to.
#84 Posted by MachoFantastico (4862 posts) -

Another would have to be the superb intro for Mafia. A game of which I am a huge fan. 

#85 Posted by EVO (3932 posts) -
@PenguinDust said:

" This was the best thing I ever saw when I was younger and it still ranks the highest on my list of openings.  It was unlike anything I had ever seen at the time. "

Same here. To this day intros are still borrowing from that tram ride.
#86 Posted by true3man (67 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 3, the whole James Bond style prologue.

#87 Posted by SpudzDK (79 posts) -

Mass Effect´s introductory sequence is still my favourite. Well crafted :)

#88 Edited by RedCircle (11 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy 7. And i can't help but mention Bioshock as well.

#89 Edited by ToastMan (101 posts) -

Fallout 2's intro still remains as the true king of intro movies in my book:

Onimusha 3 also had a very impressive intro which left me at awe. The production value was very impressive for the time:

#90 Posted by Kowbrainz (923 posts) -

Banjo-Kazooie. Twilight Princess was good too, at the time I was pretty amazed when I first booted it up, but I think that was mainly from comparing it to OoT and not other games from the same time..

#91 Posted by TreeHouse (44 posts) -
@TrueEnglishGent said:

" Another would have to be the superb intro for Mafia. A game of which I am a huge fan. 

"

yes totally agree, it set the mood for a great game.
#92 Posted by Fallen189 (5050 posts) -

Final Fantasy 8-Definetely

#93 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid games are great in general. ICO and Shadow of the Colossus also come to mind.

#94 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Every answer other than Final Fantasy VIII is wrong.

But I guess you'd have to have been there.

#95 Edited by JeanLuc (3604 posts) -

Brutal Legend opening cutscene! It lets you now right there that your playing something awesome!
#96 Posted by Player1 (3891 posts) -

loved Bioshock,and the sequences in gears of war where the war leaders speak. They aren't exactly intros because you play a tiny bit before them. But same difference
#97 Edited by FireBurger (1479 posts) -

I honestly can't remember a lot, but one that I've always liked is Battlefield 2's. I think it captures both the rock, paper, scissors of the the gameplay, plus the teamwork and intensity of the game.  Plus, it doesn't hurt that BF2 is my favorite MP game of all time.

#98 Posted by Ken420 (150 posts) -

Super Mario Bros 1...  Short, simple, sweet.
&
World of Warcraft's title intro & patch intro's are always amazing.

#99 Posted by Jownac (29 posts) -

Bioshock for this decade.
Super Metroid for the 90's.
Ninja Gaiden for the 80's.

#100 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

FF 8.