Your favourite games that you could never play more than once?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Me personally, I really like to squeeze out every bit of potential I have to waste time with my games. Its why replay value seems to be such a huge factor in my decision with games. 

Some games however, ones that I still found myself enjoying, I could never bring myself to play through again. 

Such games as the original BioShock (and the sequel from the looks of things too). Its one of my all time favourite games and with so much versatility with the plasmids, guns and tonics, one would expect that replay value would be fantastically high. But BioShock relied most on its atmosphere and story, once I got all of that I didn't feel much motivation to heading back. Not even to play through again as an anti-social, little sister hating prick. 

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Folklore

Kinda like Bioshock in the way it relied on the story a lot so playing a 2nd time wouldn't have nearly the same impact.

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By insouciant

Super Mario RPG.  I rented this game when it was new, and I got about 25% through it before I had to return it.  I loved it!  It was so different from all the Mario platformers.  I even bought it when it came out on the Virtual Console.  But I could just not get into it again.  Even though I only got part way through it.  I don't know why.  Everybody loves this game.  It looks so ugly to me now.

If I could endure it enough to get to the point where I left off years ago, I might like it enough to finish it.
DeadRockstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DeadRockstar

Metal Gear Solid 4. I've technically completed the game twice, but the second play-through was taking turns with me and a mate for his benefit because he doesn't have a PS3. I've tried to play it since and just can't.

I feel the same about Bioshock, and it's even carried over to 2. Can't get into that game at all. 

I've played parts of Uncharted 2 again since completing it, but never linearly all the way through. The experience first time was epic, and is apparently all I needed from it.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By sixghost

I'm not sure if I've ever really liked a game and not been able to go back through it. There aren't many games where I can immediately do another playthrough 1-2 weeks after finishing it the first time, but usually I'll just wait 4-5 months until I forget 75% of the stuff that happens in the game, then replay it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Doom 3 might be the game that comes to mind most immediately. I really enjoyed that game, but I've never been able to go back through it.

Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Matt_

Either of the Mass Effect games. The story can go many directions but you care about the characters so much you want to close the book on their story and not replay it to look behind the theatrical curtain so to speak.

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Icil

MGS4. I played that shit like an action movie, I doubt I'd ever relive the same magic twice. (I prefer that)