Mass Effect 2

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#152  Edited By DeF

I'm just curious ...how can one just pick a single game of the year when there are so many truly fantastic games ...it's just nuts!

you kinda have to set specific criteria. emotional involvement? pure fun? groundbreaking design? perfecting of a previously established formula? epicness? amount of yoshi in the game?

it shouldn't be allowed to pick just one game of the year. maybe make it a group of five so you can say: these five titles are the crème de la crème of this year

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#153  Edited By Shadow

Gotta go with Bayonetta on this one.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mass Effect 2 all the way. Known this ever since I bought it.

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#155  Edited By TorMasturba

Mass Effect 2 with Red Dead Redemption coming in a close second place.  
I mean I spent similar amounts of time with both games and overall the DLC for both games has outstanding. 

In the spirit of Giantbombs' unique types of awards, I think that Dragong Age: Origins and Awakening was my "TorMasturbas' 2010 game of the year from 2009". 
I've replayed All of the Dragon Age stuff 3 times since it came out, baring in mind it came out towards the end of last year.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#156  Edited By inkerman

MINECRAFT!!!!   

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By TorMasturba
@FuzzYLemoN:
And yet as good as it is, not enough people played it to vote for it as a GOTY. 

Unfortunate really...
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@Inkerman:  Minecraft was released in 2009.

Mass Effect 2 is easily the winner in my opinion..  RDR was good but the storytelling wasn't quite as good.  A lot of it felt like filler, some of the characters and motives were questionable and it did essentially play like GTA but in a western setting, with much of the plot elements lifted directly from classic movies.
YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#160  Edited By YoThatLimp
@WinterSnowblind said:
" @Inkerman:  Minecraft was released in 2009.  Mass Effect 2 is easily the winner in my opinion..  RDR was good but the storytelling wasn't quite as good.  A lot of it felt like filler, some of the characters and motives were questionable and it did essentially play like GTA but in a western setting, with much of the plot elements lifted directly from classic movies. "
Minecraft is 2010's 2009 game of the year. 
sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By sameeeeam

Mass Effect 2.

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#162  Edited By sopachuco13

Red Dead Redemption is totally my game of the year. It is a great game, and playing online gives me a reason to play through the game more than once. I am totally psyched that there is a double xp weekend going on right now. 

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By inkerman
@WinterSnowblind said:
" @Inkerman:  Minecraft was released in 2009.  Mass Effect 2 is easily the winner in my opinion..  RDR was good but the storytelling wasn't quite as good.  A lot of it felt like filler, some of the characters and motives were questionable and it did essentially play like GTA but in a western setting, with much of the plot elements lifted directly from classic movies. "
Minecraft Alpha
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#164  Edited By Jimbo

AC taking it two years in a row for me.  ME2 and RDR are real close behind it though - any of them would make a worthy GOTY.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By gamefreak9

Starcraft by a landslide, the multiplayer... its just beyond anything else...  ME2 for second place.  
edit: i'm surprised that not many ppl are saying SC2, i guess Giantbomb is mostly console gamers. 

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#166  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Mass Effect 2 takes the cake for me.

Entus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Entus

Probably Mass Effect 2.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#168  Edited By ssj4raditz

Bayonetta.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@Inkerman said:

" @WinterSnowblind said:

Minecraft Alpha "
Does that count?  Are we going to count the beta version next year, and then the final version too?  Then what if they release a GoTY version?
It's been discussed before, but I would only count either the first version or the final one when it's released.  Counting every iteration is just going to get silly.

I wouldn't count something like Borderlands GoTY or Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition either, so I don't see why Minecraft should get special treatment simply because it only became popular with the alpha release.
blaze503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#170  Edited By blaze503

really tough descision, i would've said Mass effect a month ago but now it is definatly Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty, i have never been this into a multiplayer game, so well made and balanced and it is the first game i actually watch replays of.

so Mass Effect 2, gg but starcraft 2 wins

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By GeekDown

Mass Effect 2.

Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#172  Edited By Faint

i think the most common top 3 will be mass effect 2, starcraft 2 and red dead redemption. personally, i think mass effect 2 deserves the award.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#173  Edited By gla55jAw

I loved Final Fantasy XIII even though it got a lot of hate, but Mass Effect 2 takes my GOTY vote. That game just blew me away with the gameplay, graphics and story.

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Rekt_Hed

SUCH A GREAT YEAR for gaming its so hard to choose.  Personally if were talking most polished experience offline and online its gonna be Red dead redemption.    But im also seriously torn between that and other titles.  I made a list of my fav games from 2010.   Ive got these titles in relatively the order that i think matters but havent put to much time into deciding what game needs to be where....

Best Games Of 2010 ---===LIST NOT FINALISED===---

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. God of War III
3. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
4. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
5. Borderlands

GOTY edition is a beast of a game

6. Fallout: New Vegas
7. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
8. Super Street Fighter IV
9. Split/Second
10. ModNation Racers
11. Alan Wake
12. BioShock 2
13. Bayonetta
14. Rock Band 3
15. Limbo
16. Just Cause 2
spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By spaceturtle
@BeachThunder said:
" @SPACETURTLE: Is CoP better than SoC? I was playing SoC and I liked it, but I ended up stopping because I just found I was just getting lost and confused =[ So, is it ok to play CoP before I finish SoC? Are they actually very different? "
The two games compared -- CoP is definitely better than SoC when it comes to the quality of the game. The story and all that in SoC is better than in CoP (in my opinion), but CoP is the better game gamplay-wise. Loading times is like ten times faster, the map is much bigger and more open world and is divided into three big parts instead of many small parts and lastly, there is really no need to having finished SoC to play CoP. 

I enjoyed the story and the atmosphere in SoC more than in CoP but overall I actually had a much better time with CoP because it's so much more fun to actually play the game. And the atmospheric is still great and is what trademarks the series, in my opinion. I'd also recommend you look at a couple of mods to make the game look even better before you start playing it. There is a bunch of awesome mods out there now. 

Anyways, the verdict, go play some CoP, it's fucking awesome! :P
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

akzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By akzo

1.       Red Dead

2.       Greed Corp.

3.       Heavy Rain

4.       Mass Effect 2

5.       Bayonetta

6.       Starcraft II

7.       God of War III

8.       Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising

9.       Need for Speed: HP

10.    Pac Man Extreme DX

11.    RISK Factions

Wish I had a Wii this year.  DK country, Galaxy 2, Kirby.  For the first time I feel I'm missing out on a lot of excellent games. 
ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By ShadowKing7

Well, if it has to be something released from this year, I would give it to No More Heroes 2:  Desperate Struggle.  Mainly, that's because it's one of only 3 games I bought that were released this year so my choices are kinda limited, and because I just had a ton of fun with it just about every time I played it and it's crazy awesome. 

Otherwise, for my personal GOTY, I'd give it to something like Devil May Cry 4, Persona 4 or Shin Megami Tensei:  Nocturne that I spent way more time playing.
nywt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By nywt

I'm going back and forth between Mass Effect 2 and Red Dead Redemption but I think that Mass Effect will probably edge it out in my mind.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By thegoldencat7

It would have to be SSFIV. Partly because I haven't actually played anything else, but mainly the countless hours of enjoyment, (and occasionally heartache) it has provided.    
dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#181  Edited By dichemstys

Fallout 3.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#182  Edited By Jayross

I wish I could say Mass Effect 2, but I can't. Awful story.

I honestly have no idea... There weren't that many amazing games this year.. But I guess I would say Red Dead Redemption. Bad Company 2 get my "best multiplayer" award, though.

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By SSValis

Mass Effect 2 as well, seems like a long time ago though.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By PixelPrinny

I can't really think of any one particular game that stood out, but if I had to really pick one, I think I'd go with Bayonetta. Great sense of humor, great story, great challenges, it was a blast to play and it's definitely the title of this year that I'm most looking forward to a sequel for. 

PK_Koopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By PK_Koopa

Mass Effect 2. Story was slightly lacking but I can't really complain considering it's the one that's supposed to lead onto the climax of the trilogy. Besides, the writing and gameplay were vastly improved.
Bayonetta is my runner up, although I've yet to play AC: B and whatever else I'll be getting this christmas.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mass Effect 2 for singleplayer.

StarCraft 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 were amazing multiplayer experiences.

Schmollian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Schmollian

Its a straight up tie for me. 

Either Red Dead Redemption or Assassins Creed: Brotherhood 

If I absolutely HAD to choose though... I would have to say Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. 

Requiescat in Pace 

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#188  Edited By gingertastic_10

So far BioShock 2.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#189  Edited By jacdg

I want to pick a sexy game that's underrated, like last year when 'Splosion Man was my favorite game, but I have to say Red Dead Redemption, no other game captured my quite like that one and I spent 62 hours on the single player. There has been a lot of great games, but no real surprises for me, which is disappointing in a way.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#190  Edited By JonathanMoore

No joke, I played: Super Mario Galaxy, Sonic Colors, Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver and that's about it. 

So I'll go with Super Mario Galaxy 2. 

SMG2 was this year right? if it wasn't, Sonic Colors.

ShadowBlaze94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By ShadowBlaze94

really close between Pokemon Soul Silver and Super Mario Galaxy 2. i have yet to play Sonic Colours, Mass Effect 2, Metroid: Other M or Kirbys Epic Yarn so i can't comment on those

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@Jayross said:
" I wish I could say Mass Effect 2, but I can't. Awful story. "
lolwut?
dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#193  Edited By dichemstys
@gingertastic_10 said:
" So far BioShock 2. "  
I completely forgot that that game came out this year but it totally did!
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Hot_Karl

I can't say that there's a "best game" I've played from 2010 (I'm slow & haven't finished a lot of games this year) but Deadly Premonition, EA Sports MMA, Kane & Lynch 2, Halo Reach's multiplayer and Super Street Fighter IV all are memorable for different reasons.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#195  Edited By lemon360
@EpicSteve said:
" Everything is out, it's that time of year. What is your personal Game of the Year? Mine is Mass Effect 2. I can't recall any game that I truly invested in in the universe. I mean, I actually know all the races and major characters of the series and motivations. I almost want a coffee-table encyclopedia for Mass Effect. Miranda was kind of a bitch, but fuck her. Mass Effect 2 was well-produced and a truly memorable experience.   A close second is Halo Reach. That game encapsulated everything that is great about that series and arguably had one of the most bad-ass endings of the year. "
That is a lie.
cjmhockey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By cjmhockey

Mass Effect 2 without a doubt for me, although Starcraft 2 would come in a close second for me.

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By BrittonPeele

Personally, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Red Dead Redemption are front-runners for Game of the Year. I certainly enjoyed a ton of other games (Mass Effect 2, Casltevania: Lords of Shadow, Mario Galaxy 2 and others), but those two are the ones I consider to be the "best."

danhusain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By danhusain

Mass Effect 2, no question.  My second would be Deadly Premonition, followed by Bayonetta.  I made a whole list but can't find it anymore...

Avatar image for dancedancekennypants
DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ME2 GOTY GOTY GOTY

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#200  Edited By septim

If Fallout New Vegas worked as intended, it would be a shoe-in. Unfortunately we all know how that turned out.

Gonna follow the herd and say ME2.