#1 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Mine are...

Gaming: RadioRadar (the return of the GameRadar podcast - it's not TalkRadar, but it's still pretty damn hilarious, and way more informative and accurate than ye old BombCast)

Non-Gaming: League of Extra Ordinary Gentlemen aka LEOG - they've got like 20+ personalities showing up on there, from movie critics over comedians to doctors of nerd love - and they're all drunk and awesome all the time.

#2 Posted by Empirepaintball (1393 posts) -

Gaming (Excluding GiantBomb): The Rooster Teeth Podcast

Non-Gaming: SModcast

#3 Edited by RockyRaccoon37 (426 posts) -

Just discovered My Brother, My Brother, and Me

One of the funniest podcasts I've ever listened to. If you were a fan of Justin Mcelroy on the Bombcast then you should check out him and his two brothers giving "great" advice to people who write in.

#4 Posted by EricSmith (316 posts) -

Besides the Bombcast: Weekend Confirmed, This is Only a Test, and Left, Right, and Center.

Oh, and of course MBMBaM.

#5 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

Gaming: Bombcast (no shit)

Non-Gaming: I don't know if any came out this year though I did discover The Ricky Gervais Show.

#6 Posted by Keavy_Rain (129 posts) -

I listen to more non-gaming podcasts than gaming podcasts because most gaming podcasts provide the same information and opinions with different voices.

That being said, excluding my top two (Giant Bombcast and BMFcast) I'd go with Player One Podcast and Are You Serious? as my best gaming and non-gaming podcasts of 2012.

#7 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4609 posts) -

Giant Bombcast is my favourite gaming podcast.

Favourite non-gaming podcast has to be Tell 'Em Steve Dave. Fucking love those guys.

#8 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

MBMBaM is my favourite podcast. Of course, there's also the Bombcast, and I enjoy listening to How Did This Get Made? and The Besties, and occasionally I'll listen to something from the guys at Spill.

#9 Posted by Kidavenger (3514 posts) -

@Oldirtybearon said:

Giant Bombcast is my favourite gaming podcast.

Favourite non-gaming podcast has to be Tell 'Em Steve Dave. Fucking love those guys.

#10 Posted by Wes899 (2107 posts) -

X in 10. No More Whoppers.

#11 Posted by DougQuaid (1274 posts) -

Gaming - The Bombcast

Non-gaming - Jordan, Jesse, Go!

#12 Posted by Deathstriker (307 posts) -

Gaming: Bombcast takes up most of that need since they're so freaking long lol. I like a few none mainstream ones like Digital High and The Gamesmen.

Non-gaming: The Comedy Button is fucking hilarious, which is done by a few ex Gamespy and IGN guys who are dirty/crude as hell. I don't like IGN when it comes to video games at all, but I like their movie and TV departments, so I listen to those. Their TV podcast (before one of the guys left) was VERY good, not it's just pretty good.

#13 Posted by OldGuy (1517 posts) -

BombCast, Idle Thumbs, Double Fine Action Cast, the Irrational Games Podcasts (Interview and Behavior)

RadioLab. You should really go listen to RadioLab right now.

Why are you still reading? GO!

#14 Posted by Tesla (1910 posts) -

Bombcast is the only gaming podcast I listen to.

My favorite non-gaming podcasts are The Longshot, Comedy Bang Bang, and Improv4humans.

#15 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Spill.com has been the funniest podcast to me other than The Bombcast ofcourse. It's pretty much the movie equivilent of the bombcast, alot of talk about movies but heaps of funny storys from their personal life and also some current events in there.

#16 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

Comedy Bang Bang! is incredibly funny and I never miss an episode. I listen to a ton more but other than the Bombcast it's my favorite.

#17 Posted by Deathstriker (307 posts) -

@OldGuy said:

BombCast, Idle Thumbs, Double Fine Action Cast, the Irrational Games Podcasts (Interview and Behavior)

RadioLab. You should really go listen to RadioLab right now.

Why are you still reading? GO!

I'll give it a listen and let you know what I think. People should do you the same for the two lesser known podcasts I mentioned. Not all the big ones should be owned by huge companies (FOX, CBS, etc).

#18 Posted by CatsAkimbo (603 posts) -

Other than Bombcast, I look forward to Gamers with Jobs and Weekend Confirmed every week.

This American Life is still really good for non-gaming.

#19 Posted by w1n5t0n (174 posts) -

We Hate Movies, They watch bad movies and make fun of them. I recommend the Gary Busey movie Hider in the House, its fucking hilarious.

#20 Posted by ChromaticPanther (66 posts) -

Gaming Podcast: RT Podcast, or Idle Thumbs Podcast (Depending if you count RT as a gaming podcast, they don't talk about games as often as a games podcast probably should.)

Non-gaming: MBMBaM, never miss an episode. Hilarious stuff.

#21 Posted by Nodachie (77 posts) -

Gaming: Giant Bombcast

Non-gaming: The Bugle

#22 Posted by ThePickle (4155 posts) -

Gaming: Bombcast, Idle Thumbs

Non-gaming: Harmontown, Comedy Bang Bang, Professor Blastoff, Doug Loves Movies, The Fogelnest Files, and Nerd Poker (only 2 episodes for far but they've both been great)

As much as I want to put MBMBaM on, I can't. It just wasn't as funny this year. Maybe it was me, maybe it was them, I don't know.

#23 Posted by Chapelzero (33 posts) -

Gaming: The Bombcast, far and away in the number one position, Laser Time (the podcast the TalkRadar guys moved on to when TalkRadar fell apart), and, ahem, Pictures Changing.

Non-gaming: Smodcast, probably the funniest podcast on the internet. And not any of the thousands of Kevin Smith's other peripheral podcasts, just the granddaddy, Smodcast

#24 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

Gaming: Giant Bombcast.

Non-gaming: Tempted to say Giant Bombcast again, given the content. But probably either MBMBaM or NPR: Planet Money.

#25 Posted by eddiebaby (45 posts) -

Gaming: BombCast

Non-gaming: No Agenda

#26 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Gaming/Tech: Idle Thumbs, with Adam Savage's Still Untitled in second place.

Non Tech/Gaming: WTF with Marc Maron (wins by default since it's just about the only one that doesn't fit in the other category.

Not listing Bombcast or This Is Only A Test because I didn't start listening to them this year.

#27 Edited by ProfessorEss (7285 posts) -

@RockyRaccoon37 said:

Just discovered My Brother, My Brother, and Me

It's easily MBMBaM.

...an advice show for the modren era.

#28 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Car Talk

#29 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@Chapelzero said:

Gaming: The Bombcast, far and away in the number one position, Laser Time (the podcast the TalkRadar guys moved on to when TalkRadar fell apart), and, ahem, Pictures Changing.

Non-gaming: Smodcast, probably the funniest podcast on the internet. And not any of the thousands of Kevin Smith's other peripheral podcasts, just the granddaddy, Smodcast

Laser Time? How did I not know this until now?

Thank you Santa!

#30 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

My favorite gaming podcast is the Bombcast. My favorite non-gaming podcast is the other 90 minutes of the Bombcast.

#31 Posted by LTSmash (604 posts) -

I'll just include the podcasts I discovered in 2012:

• Nerd Poker (new Earwolf D&D podcast featuring Brian Posehn)
  • Mike and Tom Eat Snacks
  • Good Job, Brain!
  • Doug Loves Movies
  • Comedy Bang Bang
#32 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -
#33 Edited by Trilogy (2645 posts) -

My favorite gaming podcast goes to the bombcast. Weekend confirmed is pretty strong runner up.

As for non gaming related...I really got into the "Joe Rogan Experience" earlier this year, but it got old after a while. I was eventually put off by the constant paranoia and conspiracy theories, and there were too many repeated stories from Joe. However, I don't really listen to non gaming podcasts other than that...so it sort of wins by default.

#34 Posted by zoozilla (978 posts) -

I love MBMBaM. Sometimes I'll just burst out laughing on the bus while listening to it, and I feel like an idiot.

I find that the first listen is always the best, though. A choice few bits are just as hilarious the second time around. I loved Griffin's rant about online dating sites.

This American Life is also good, though some episodes are better than others.

Started listening to Idle Thumbs, I'm kind of lukewarm on it. I'll listen to a couple more episodes to make up my mind, but the Bombcast is definitely the best gaming podcast I listen to.

#35 Posted by cutyoface (541 posts) -

The only other podcast I listen to besides the Bombcast is My Brother, My Brother and me.

#36 Posted by Meltac (1999 posts) -

I only listen to two podcast, so this is pretty easy.

Game related: Bombcast

Non-game related: Tacos And Chocolate Milk

Tacos... is absolutely hilarious at times.

#37 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -

Videogames: definately the grand return of idle thumbs

None-videogames... Smodcast digging up a 30-year-old cassette of teenage Kevin Smith being a pretentious dork into a recorder was pretty hilarious. LaserTime is amazing though, I don't know if I can choose. I'll say LaserTime cos they're the underdogs.

I listen to a LOOOOOOT of podcasts though, I actually can't name a best one!

#38 Posted by forkboy (1118 posts) -

@Trilogy said:

My favorite gaming podcast goes to the bombcast. Weekend confirmed is pretty strong runner up.

As for non gaming related...I really got into the "Joe Rogan Experience" earlier this year, but it got old after a while. I was eventually put off by the constant paranoia and conspiracy theories, and there were too many repeated stories from Joe. However, I don't really listen to non gaming websites other than that...so it sort of wins by default.

Yeah. Rogan Experience can be fun if he has the right guest (I really liked the episode with Josh Barnett, but then I think Josh Barnett is a pretty interesting dude anyway. And Maynard from Tool talking about wine growing in Arizona was cool. Chael Sonnen was really interesting because he wasn't just being that horrible WWE-style gimmick of Chael Sonnen but an actual human being, who is interesting to listen to) but fuck the Brian dude seems like such a sycophant, & is really annoying to me. Yeah, I can't listen to it all the time, I just go back & check the archives every so often to catch up on any interesting sounding guests because other wise it is too much.

I really like The Bugle for stupid current affairs talk, & Andy's godawful pun-runs. I thoroughly enjoy Sherdog's Cheap Seats podcast with Jordan Breen & Greg Savage mainly because Jordan Breen is an immensely knowledgeable guy about MMA, even if they could do with talking about Super Fight League more often. There's Untethered MMA which is Matt Roth of Bleacher Report, Mike Fagan formerly of Bloody Elbow, a writer I quite enjoyed, & Derek Suboticki who is the worlds biggest UFC fan boy & defender. I find that entertaining. And I also want to give a shout out to Guardian Football Weekly, because it is fun while talking about football, rather than srs bizniz for a daft wee sport. AND HISTORY OF PHILOSOPHY WITHOUT THE GAPS IS INCREDIBLE. 107 episodes & we're only just beginning the start of Christian philosophy. If you are into philosophy at all it is a must listen.

The only gaming podcast is Bombcast because 3 hours of gaming a week is plenty for me. I guess favourite non-gaming podcast is The History of Philosophy because learning stuff is brilliant

#39 Posted by DarthOrange (3852 posts) -

Gaming: Podcast Beyond 
Non-Gaming: Keepin' it Reel

#40 Posted by Demoskinos (14591 posts) -

Gaming: Bombcast

Non-Gaming : Pointless w/ Kevin Pereira

#41 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1959 posts) -

Bombcast and the (hopefully) glorious return of W!AHP.

Non-gaming? MBMBaM and Film Sack. Especially Film Sack since hearing the Wet Hot Something fans go into hardcore internet mode on them was awesome.

#42 Edited by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

Always enjoyed Greg Miller and his shenanigans: IGN Beyond podcast. Also, Tommy and Sarah at ComicVine keeps me informed into comics and CheapyD podcast, love his stories on living in japan.

#43 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1358 posts) -

Gaming: Bombcast....but if it wasnt the bombcast then it would be Rebel FM

Non Gaming: The Comedy Button comes in first place followed closely by Cognitive Dissonance, The Bugle, and Mysterious Universe

#44 Posted by Jayzilla (2555 posts) -

Non gaming: The B.S. Report.

Bombcast.

#45 Posted by Fearbeard (825 posts) -

Hmm tricky.

I enjoy the Rooster Teeth podcast but I have a hard tome classifying it as a gaming podcast, as they rarely talk about games, and certainly not at any length. I'll make it my non-gaming POTY, with the Tested podcast being second though only when Gary Whitta is on.

In terms of actual game discussions I have to go with the Bombcast so I'll guess I'll make that my POTY for gaming. I like hearing about what everyone is playing and while a lot of podcasts will only talk about the new releases some of the Bombcast crew aren't afraid to dig into older games.

I also like Player One Podcast mostly because they can be quite funny. They are also the cheapest bunch of games I've ever seen with a lot of their discussions being about demos. If they weren't funny the show would be completely awful, but it manages to have it's charms.

Also the CAGcast is usually pretty entertaining and is on my "listen every week" list but if I had to choose which to listen to first I'd go with the Bombcast.

#46 Posted by MocBucket62 (1160 posts) -
@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Spill.com has been the funniest podcast to me other than The Bombcast ofcourse. It's pretty much the movie equivilent of the bombcast, alot of talk about movies but heaps of funny storys from their personal life and also some current events in there.

You just took my answer for favorite non-gaming podcast. The Joe Rogan Experience is a solid runner up though in that category. Giant Bombcast is my favorite gaming podcast and has been that way since 2010.
#47 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@MocBucket62 said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

You just took my answer for favorite non-gaming podcast. The Joe Rogan Experience is a solid runner up though in that category. Giant Bombcast is my favorite gaming podcast and has been that way since 2010.

Yeah Joe Rogan is pretty awesome, after the first 10 minutes of him slinging advertisments. His interview with John McCafe was pretty out there.

#48 Posted by Chapelzero (33 posts) -

@Seppli: Well look at it this way, now you have a huge back catalog to listen to

#49 Posted by xMEGADETHxSLY (446 posts) -

Tell Em Steve Dave

Gaming: BOMBCAST ALL DAY EVERYDAY