• 55 results
#1 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

What game of 2011 do you see yourself replaying again and again every couple of years, because you remember it very fondly?

Mine is Warhammer 40k : Space Marine. There isn't much to it, but what's there - slaying Orks by the score with a chainsaw sword and a bolter - well, it excells at it so much, that it's as satisfying and fun to do, as it sounds on paper. Love it!

That footage is from the demo. There isn't much more to the game than there is in the demo, but damn is it good! If you haven't gotten the game yet, do yourself the favor and at least play the demo. Over and over again.

#2 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Of 2011? I don't know, Bastion maybe.

#3 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Dark Souls. No heavily scripted moments and a fairly open progression keeps subsequent playthroughs interesting and different, which is really important to me because I don't often play games more then once.

#4 Posted by Irvandus (2875 posts) -

Skyrim although it will probably go to Skyward Sword when I finally get around to playing it.

#5 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

@Irvandus said:

Skyrim although it will probably go to Skyward Sword when I finally get around to playing it.

will you actually be replaying it or just continuing your character?

Probably battlefield 3 for me, but then again that's just playing more MP.

#6 Posted by bslayer (222 posts) -

@Vinny_Says: oooh, that's a good question because mine probably would have been Skyrim. Does new DLC count?

#7 Posted by Undeadpool (4920 posts) -

Pretty much anything in my top 10 list, but off-hand:

Skyrim

Witcher 2

Arkham City

Deus Ex: HR

#8 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (330 posts) -

I would probably say Skyrim or Portal 2.

#9 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

My Skyrim playthrough (the same one from launch day) will probably extend over at least 1 more year.  

However, a game that I've beaten that I will return to in the future more than once, would be... Wow, none. The games of the last couple of years just don't have the lasting appeal and longevity of older games. I still return to Max Payne and Crysis today.

#10 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2720 posts) -

Dark Souls is the only one I can think of.

#11 Posted by frankfartmouth (1016 posts) -

Arkham City was probably the closest, but I don't know that there was one for me really, at least not a "play again and again over the years" type of game. There aren't very many of those period.

#12 Posted by Gravier251 (217 posts) -

If any I suppose it would be Dark Souls.

#13 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

Probably Skyward Sword. I'll probably play it again this summer, actually.

#14 Posted by believer258 (11773 posts) -

Dead Space 2 is a fantastic game and a great example of set pieces done right.

Other than that? Skyrim. Maybe Deus Ex HR.

#15 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

Skyrim.

#16 Posted by pyromagnestir (4283 posts) -

Portal 2

#17 Posted by VanderSEXXX (552 posts) -

Like you also Warhammer: 40000 Space Marine, since yes just bashing through hordes is plain fun.

Others is Dark Souls, Dead Space 2, Witcher 2, and Skyrim

#18 Posted by Kaiserreich (690 posts) -

Skyrim, Witcher 2, Binding of Isaac.

I tend to play most of my games multiple times unless I really hate them.

#19 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Duke Nukem Forever.

#20 Posted by Intro (1206 posts) -

Portal 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim and DE:HR

#21 Posted by RHYMESCHEME23 (64 posts) -

Super Street Fighter 4. Even after Street Fighter X Tekken came out, nothing else could really top this game.

#22 Posted by EVO (3889 posts) -

I've only played through Journey once, but I can see myself playing through it again and again over the next few years.

#23 Posted by Dixego (384 posts) -

Dark Souls is the first game in many years to make me want to finisht it over and over again. So that one, maybe.

#24 Posted by Demoskinos (14722 posts) -

Uh...nothing really stood out too much as a "instant classic" for me. So nothing really.

#25 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

nothing in 2011. 2010 deffo (Nier, Metro 2033, Alpha Protocol)

I guess witcher 2?

#26 Posted by Trilogy (2648 posts) -

Skyrim easily.

#27 Posted by project343 (2816 posts) -

I lasted about an hour with Space Marine. The bare-bones gameplay just couldn't keep me interested.

I'll probably say Portal 2 or Skyrim.

#28 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

Dues Ex: Human Revolution. That game is amazing.

#29 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

Space Marine would be one of mine too. Before it came out I played through the demo probably ten times just because they nailed the space marine fantasy right on the head.

Others would be Skyrim (although that's on hiatus) and Dark Souls (would like to give it more time).

Oh...and god damn League of Legends. I can't say no to that game.

#30 Posted by MisterSamMan (363 posts) -

Skyrim and Dark Souls.

#31 Posted by MonetaryDread (2007 posts) -

I don't know really.  Jetpack Joyride, Infinity Blade 2 (two games that i finished completely, lost my save, then finished completely for a second time), Dark Souls (I am buying a second copy and playing through it again on PC when it comes out), I'm also playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution again right now.

#32 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3131 posts) -

Skyrim I guess?

#33 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

Journey is a good once every couple years sort of thing. I'll probably do that.

edit---- oh, 2011. I dunno.

#34 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4894 posts) -

Saints Row 3

#35 Posted by Sbaitso (524 posts) -

Dark Souls, easily. I often find myself suddenly in the couch started a new character, or NG+ing it or simply playing, without really knowing how I got there. I'm very interested in how gaming will look back on the souls games five or ten years from now. I know I'll still be playing them, if(read: when) they make another.

#36 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Definitely Skyrim.

#37 Posted by probablytuna (3600 posts) -

Either Skyrim or Witcher 2. Though after several playthroughs of Witcher 2 I probably would've done everything like choosing all the available paths so there wouldn't be any point in continuing. Skyrim however will last me a long time because of mods and the fact that I've played over 300 hours and I'm still nowhere near finishing the main quest cause there's so much to do.

#38 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition and Tactics Ogre: LUCT

#39 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

Still Dead Space 2.

#40 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

Bastion is fun and digestible enough that I think I could play it again.

#41 Posted by Phatmac (5724 posts) -

Portal 2, Bastion, and Gears 3 for the mutliplayer. I love me some gears multiplayer.

#42 Edited by Viking_Funeral (1757 posts) -

The only games I already plan on playing again are Skyrim & Deus Ex: HR.

I'm going to need a serious break before I hit Skyrim again, though.

#43 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

@Irvandus said:

will you actually be replaying it or just continuing your character?

Probably battlefield 3 for me, but then again that's just playing more MP.

I think going back to Skyrim totally qualifies, plus most people go back to mess with different character classes and thus start new characters.

Skyrim definitely one for me. I don' t even own Space Marine yet because I haven't had the money, but I bet that'll be one because I played the shit out of the demo on my PC. Fuckin great.

#44 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

Bastion and Deus Ex probably.

#45 Posted by yinstarrunner (1185 posts) -
@Jimi said:

Bastion and Deus Ex probably.

Yeah, exactly these.  Also, Rayman Origins because that game is so goddamn delightful.
#46 Posted by bwheeeler (428 posts) -

Dark Souls really is the only correct answer.

#47 Posted by BeachThunder (11796 posts) -

Binding of Isaac o_o

#48 Posted by RecSpec (3798 posts) -

Puyo Puyo 20th. 

#49 Posted by JeanLuc (3577 posts) -

Mortal Kombat, Skyrim, Saints Row's The Third, and Dead Space 2.

#50 Posted by Andorski (5239 posts) -

Gonna replay Saints Row: The Third and Bastion on PC (played on PS3 and 360, respectively, the first time) once I find some time away from Diablo.