#1 Edited by Sackmanjones (4705 posts) -

So due to Amazons awesome summer sale and the supposedly incoming Steam summer sale (and other various sites like gog etc...) I just wanted to see what everyone picked up and even some games you hope show up . So far I believe I have 6 games: 

AMAZON SALE:
Spec Ops: The Line-$24.99 
 Beat this game. Enjoyed it quite a bit but I'm glad I got it on sale
The Darkness 2-$12.50 
 Only played the demo and thats all I needed. for 12 bucks I know I'm gonna enjoy this game. 
Syndicate- $14.99 
 This is the game I'm currently playing. Starting to warm up to it as I get used to the controls. Wanna get deeper into it.
The Witcher 2-$20.11 
 When I got my new pc I HAD to get this game. Man it is beautiful but I've only played about 2 hours of it. I'm saving this till the end because it will most definitely take up the most time.
Binary Domain- $9.99 
 Other than having a really hard time tweaking controls the game seems pretty fun. Only played like 20 minutes but shooting and blowing up robot armor feels so damn satisfying.
Bulletstorm-$4.99 
 Bought this literally as I was typing this thread. Played the hour demo on PSN and it seemed neat so for 5 bucks what have I got to lose? 

TOTAL: $87.57, without the sale it would have been about $250 or so. (I win right? RIGHT?) 

STEAM SALE IS LIVE: 
 Alan Wake Franchise pack: $20  (Never beat it on xbox because my console broke and I got a ps3 in its place)
 Hard Reset: $3.75  (Mainly got it cause its pretty and 4 dollars, but I heard its pretty good as well)
Mafia II: $7.49 (Not too sure about this one)  
Hitman: Blood Money $5.99 (Could not resist) 

Perfect hit on the 2nd mission, I'm sorry I just love how his head is slightly tilted. Makes it look way more badass (Click on for full effect)
The Binding of Issac: $1.24
#2 Edited by BeachThunder (11941 posts) -
#3 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

How's Spec ops?

#4 Posted by Sackmanjones (4705 posts) -
@SexyToad
How's Spec ops?
It's pretty fun. If you have a decent pc for 25 bucks I would recommend it. It's got a pretty good story and te character progression stuff is pretty well done. Shooting is decent, nothing great or terrible. I did like how easy enemies go down though, pretty suck of spongy enemeis. Overall I liked it more than I thought I would.
#5 Posted by Sackmanjones (4705 posts) -
@Sackmanjones Sorry, typing on my phone
#6 Posted by Jrinswand (1709 posts) -

What Amazon sale? Link please.

#7 Posted by Encephalon (1262 posts) -

I'm on the cusp of buying Binary Domain. How are the controls on PC?

#8 Posted by Sackmanjones (4705 posts) -
@Jrinswand Go to amazon and the game download section. They are havin and awesome sale
#9 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

The Witcher 2

#10 Posted by Sackmanjones (4705 posts) -
@Encephalon

I'm on the cusp of buying Binary Domain. How are the controls on PC?

Shitty. But there is a way to configure it to your liking and I would highly suggest that. Or use an Xbox controller (except if it's not the traditional controller it won't register which also sucks) I have a madcatZ one and the game didn't see the triggers so no dice there
#11 Posted by CJduke (788 posts) -

Just spec ops, and I enjoyed it a lot

#12 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11020 posts) -

$10 for Binary Domain? UGH! Why won't the console versions be that cheap!?!

Dammit. I really need to get a PC that can play games. Though, the cost of that would offset a lot of the savings from cheap PC games. Or maybe not, I dunno. I'm no accountant.

#13 Posted by Sackmanjones (4705 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan I was in your situation. It has been 8 years since I got a new of so it was time anyway. I'm just hoping that it will offset by all these great deals
#14 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

so far nothing on my list. i'm waiting for steam to have it's sale. i hope that there are some good games for it.

#15 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Just waiting for the Steam Sale.

#16 Posted by wemibelec90 (1665 posts) -

I've only gotten Binary Domain so far. Waiting for the Steam Sale for the rest of my list (which is about fifty games).

I'm enjoying it so far and think I'm about done with the campaign. The only problem I have with it is the plethora of shitty boss fights where you can get downed way too easily.

#17 Posted by ESREVER (2691 posts) -

@Sackmanjones: Syndicate for $15?! I need to get on that!

#18 Posted by Sackmanjones (4705 posts) -
@ESREVER

@Sackmanjones: Syndicate for $15?! I need to get on that!

Unfortunately I think that sale is now gone =/
#19 Edited by Humanity (9257 posts) -

I have to physically stop myself from getting Dead Space 2 for pc for a mere $4.99.. I love the game and series and I imagine it looks even more amazing than it already did on my 360 but I already played it.. no.. no just say no theres no point..

But it's only 5 bux. I might get Bulletstorm maybe - I like that it's a game for windows live as I can enjoy it on PC and still get some sweet achievements.

For those of you who have not played Dead Space 2 or were thinking about getting around to it and like gaming on the PC go now http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40560ead-Space-21/dp/B004JHYZKQ/ref=pd_cp_vg_3

There's literally no excuse anymore.

#20 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

Bought some Warhammer stuff on Steam in a recent sale:

* Warhammer space marine

* Warhammer: dawn of war 2 + expansions

Both are pretty good, although Space Marine is a little frustrating sometimes, I suck at shooters.

#21 Posted by bybeach (4829 posts) -

I'm waiting for a drop on Binary Domain, and Alan Wake for the pc(I have it for console). Seems like there was one other.... I also have interest in a bunch of indie titles, and hope most of them are in a bundle. Also finally the Witcher 2. I know the witcher games are good, but like Skyrim I just can't get jazzed for them. I finally got skyrim on a steam sale, but I wonder if I will even ever try.

#22 Posted by Sackmanjones (4705 posts) -
@bybeach You know binary domain is only 10 bucks on amazon?
#23 Posted by Lukeweizer (2683 posts) -

Picked up Binary Domain, The EA Bundle (Burnout Paradise, Mirror's Edge, Mercs 2, Bulletstorm and The Saboteur for $15), Syndicate, Borderlands: GOTY and the X-Com collection from the Amazon sale. Now I'm fidning myself not all too excited for the Steam sale. I'm excited to see what I'll find on sale, but I feel like I've already got a lot of stuff. Not sure what else I'm looking for it.

#24 Edited by jakob187 (21671 posts) -

I need to know more about the supposed GOG Summer Sale. It will kill my wallet.

*EDIT* Wait. Was the GOG thing just the Battle of the Games?

#25 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

Nothing as you can only buy those games on amazon if you are in the US. Steam sale has not started yet.

#26 Posted by Ben_H (3360 posts) -

Just a few things on Steam and couple games including The WItcher 2, Dark Souls for PC, and that's about it. I have around 100 games on Steam I haven't played yet so I'm going to work on those.

#27 Posted by Humanity (9257 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

Nothing as you can only buy those games on amazon if you are in the US. Steam sale has not started yet.

You just need a US address and they don't check it against your card so as long as you put down a fake US address and don't mind the conversion charges (if you're in acountry that either uses Pounds or Euros then it's great for you) then you're good to go!

#28 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

The Witcher 2, maybe Spec Ops and Binary Domain.

#29 Posted by kumquat (128 posts) -

Spec Ops, Darkness 2 and BD on Amazon, and Riddick on GoG.

#30 Posted by bybeach (4829 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

i appreciatte. If you mean the Amazon dl service, well I heard so many disparaging things about it, some time ago admittedly, that I became prejudiced about using it, even if I could then use the code at steam. I'd just rather go to steam for the whole shot.. But my attitude could be wrong, especially but not only if I had the option to dl and install at Steam after buying it at Amazon. I might reexamine my approach...

#31 Posted by Sackmanjones (4705 posts) -
@bybeach

@Sackmanjones said:

i appreciatte. If you mean the Amazon dl service, well I heard so many disparaging things about it, some time ago admittedly, that I became prejudiced about using it, even if I could then use the code at steam. I'd just rather go to steam for the whole shot.. But my attitude could be wrong, especially but not only if I had the option to dl and install at Steam after buying it at Amazon. I might reexamine my approach...

I think amazons service is a fine maybe a bit slower but overall ok. But good news! You can activate BD on steam. Just take the product key you get from amazon and put it into steam
#32 Posted by ConfusedOwl (942 posts) -

Got Borderlands GOTY edition, which I almost regret because of all the difficulties I've had playing it, and the Securom attached to the 2 dlc packs ensuring that I can only play the game about 3 times before I can never access the DLCs again. For 8 bucks though I can at least get a playthrough before I never install it on my PC again.

Aside from that turd I also got:

GTA San Andreas

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine

The Square Enix Bundle (Tomb Raider Underworld, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Kane & Lynch 2, Just Cause 2, Supreme Commander 2)

and because I had some money left over I finally got Bastion as well. Which was not on sale.

#33 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@Sackmanjones: Yeah, I've bought upwards of 20 Steam compatible games on Amazon, and I always just take the code they give me, paste it into Steam, and download it from there.

#34 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1807 posts) -

@mandude: Steam is pretty awesome that way.

Incidentally, where would I redeem a Bulletstorm code? I tried Origin, but had no luck there. Steam was no go, either. Anyone know how to redeem a game on GFWL? I really don't want to download a 10GB file using Chrome's download manager.

#35 Posted by Andorski (5310 posts) -

@mandude said:

@Sackmanjones: Yeah, I've bought upwards of 20 Steam compatible games on Amazon, and I always just take the code they give me, paste it into Steam, and download it from there.

How can you tell if a game on Amazon can be used as a Steam code?

#36 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1807 posts) -

@Andorski said:

@mandude said:

How can you tell if a game on Amazon can be used as a Steam code?

This list is fairly comprehensive.

#37 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@Andorski: If you're on the page for the game, it should say in the requirements section that it needs Steam. Alternatively, you could just do a CTRL + F and type in Steam. In my experience nearly all the game downloads are Steam compatible unless they're EA.

#38 Posted by Andorski (5310 posts) -

@mandude said:

@Andorski: If you're on the page for the game, it should say in the requirements section that it needs Steam. Alternatively, you could just do a CTRL + F and type in Steam. In my experience nearly all the game downloads are Steam compatible unless they're EA.

Ahh, perfect. Thanks.

#39 Posted by MightyDuck (1522 posts) -

I've picked up a few games here and there.

Picked up the recent Fifa Street for $19.99 as Best Buy's DotD. Also did picked up a few games here and there including Splinter Cell HD Collection, Dragon Age: Awakening, Dirt 3 Complete Edition, and 3D Dot Game Heroes.

#40 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3835 posts) -

@MightyDuck said:

I've picked up a few games here and there.

Picked up the recent Fifa Street for $19.99

hmmm is that game worth it? what do you think? Never tried it. Not a big soccer guy but I've loved the Street series of games for the most part.

#41 Posted by Kiri90 (257 posts) -

I've gotten the 2k Strategy Pack (Civilization V: GOTY, Civlization IV: The Complete Edition and the Stronghold Collection) for $20 and Binary Domain for $10. I have to think about getting Bulletstorm because $5 is pretty good, but I'm waiting to see what Steam has up their sleeve for their summer sale. This will be my first Steam sale, so my imagination is running wild!

#42 Posted by MightyDuck (1522 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads: I will definitely let you know once I give it a go. I'm not a huge soccer fan, but my fiance is soccer hooligan.

I too like the more "Arcadey" styles sports games some times. I did really enjoy the demo though that was on PSN.

#43 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

Atlus Stuff is half off. So I got a couple PSP games for my PSV, because there is noting like playing old games on your brand new console.

#44 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

ALL XCOMS FOR 3 BUCKS!!! :O

SOLD!

#45 Posted by Samael2138 (233 posts) -

Just The Darkness 2, and both BioShocks. I wanted Max Payne 3 when it was $29.99, but downloading 35 gigs with my current shitty bandwith would literally take a couple of days, and I've barely got that much space on my hard drive. Mainly waiting for 2 things now, New PC, and Steam summer sale. Unfortunately my new pc won't be here until the 19th-20th, which is towards the rumored end of the sale(12th-23rd, supposedly). Guess I'll just be buying a lot of games and not installing them yet, lol.

#46 Edited by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

Atlus Stuff is half off. So I got a couple PSP games for my PSV, because there is noting like playing old games on your brand new console.

Where did you find that stuff? I looked for it but couldn't find the games on sale.

Edit: Nevermind, found em :P

#47 Posted by Sackmanjones (4705 posts) -
@Samael2138

Just The Darkness 2, and both BioShocks. I wanted Max Payne 3 when it was $29.99, but downloading 35 gigs with my current shitty bandwith would literally take a couple of days, and I've barely got that much space on my hard drive. Mainly waiting for 2 things now, New PC, and Steam summer sale. Unfortunately my new pc won't be here until the 19th-20th, which is towards the rumored end of the sale(12th-23rd, supposedly). Guess I'll just be buying a lot of games and not installing them yet, lol.

Man what a bummer! Well at least you can still get them at the awesome price and watch em all download once you do get your pc! Sounds like a blast!
#48 Posted by Sackmanjones (4705 posts) -

Bumping this in celebration of the steam sale!

#49 Edited by rawrsair (821 posts) -

So far I have the Indie Bundle I. I will probably have a much longer list soon...

Edit: I was right, just got

Trine 2,

Magical Diary,

Indie Bundle II,

Hack Slash Loot,

Alice: Madness Returns

Bejeweled 3

#50 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Terreria, Hard Reset, Shatter, and Bit Trip Runner. Kinda low on cash so I'm mostly buying really cheap games.