Your views on gaming merchandise

SuperMooseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SuperMooseman

You can buy a lot of merchandise for games nowadays, but I'm wondering what your stance on it is? Do you only buy merchandise for games/franchise you really like, or does it not matter to you, do you just buy it for whatever? Or none at all? Let me know your views.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Disgaeamad

It depends, really. Some companies put out some really great merchandise, whereas others just half-ass it and attempt to make some quick cash from it. If it's related to a game I like and it's of good quality, I'm sound with buying some merchandise.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#3  Edited By vigorousjammer

my views are sacred when it comes to merchandise... but if the merch is good shit, I'll buy some... especially if it's a high-quality game...

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#4  Edited By JackiJinx

I have occasionally partaken in the purchase of video game merchandise. Sitting on my desk, I have a few, small figurines of the nintendo sort along with the Boo Mario plushie sitting on top of my stereo. Still, my favorite bit of the sort must be my phoenix wright keychain. The item is just so curious, it's hard not to find joy in it.

NukeSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By NukeSpoon

It depends entirely on what the merchandise is, and 99% of the time it's just a ploy to cash in on fanboys' loyalty. In my humble opinion of course.

If it's something really cool though, like a multi-coloured pen laser, then I will buy the hell out of that shit.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Pie

I dont buy them but i dont care about them

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#7  Edited By vigorousjammer
@NukeSpoon said:

" It depends entirely on what the merchandise is, and 99% of the time it's just a ploy to cash in on fanboys' loyalty. In my humble opinion of course.  If it's something really cool though, like a multi-coloured pen laser, then I will buy the hell out of that shit.

oh man! I love multi-colored pen lasers! 
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By brukaoru

I have wallscrolls, figurines, comics/manga, clothing, soundtracks, etc. from games/franchises I love. I don't think there's anything wrong with good quality videogame merchandise.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By danielkempster

I don't know if it counts as merchanidse, but I used to collect official strategy guides. I'd never buy any other merchandise on its own, but I do think it can be a great incentive to invest in Collector's Editions.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Drebin_893

I tend not to buy them, I don't need memorabilia. 
I squander most of my money on the actual games.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Axersia

The only gaming merchandise I've ever bought were a few Kingdom Hearts II and Dragon Quest VIII action figures because I'm a huge fan of those games and they happened to be on sale. Normally I think my money is better spent on actual games rather than gaming merchandise. Maybe if that stuff was cheaper I would buy it more often, but if I'm gonna have to pay the price of a full game for a little plastic toy then forget it.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By CL60

Why does everybody have the same avatar. Am I missing something here?

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gearhead

I've never bought a Limited Edition before that usually contain that stuff, and probably won't. Out of game stuff, I bought a couple plush Pokemon that I still have on display in my room just for the 'WTF that's awesome' factor.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Karmum

I'm not a big fan of purchasing video-game related merchandise. Perhaps I just don't want to walk around with people noticing me wearing a Gears of War t-shirt or hat. I mostly think of merchandise more like apparel, something I would end up wearing. Then again, I think have posters or toys and such around my room would be weird, too.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JackiJinx
@dankempster said:
" I don't know if it counts as merchanidse, but I used to collect official strategy guides. I'd never buy any other merchandise on its own, but I do think it can be a great incentive to invest in Collector's Editions. "
Well, if we're going to go that route, I still have Nintendo Powers from many a year ago. Very young issues, some with NES and GB games still being discussed and others with the N64 to GC era. That was about the time I stopped subscribing. 

Rather unfortunate that they were not kept in their top condition.
ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By ThomasP

I've never bought any gaming merchandise myself. I would by a Space Lobster shirt if they shipped them to Canada, though.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I only buy stuff for games I like, I don't see why you'd ever buy anything from something you didn't like.  Even then, it needs to be decent quality.  Too many toy manufacturers pump out crap because they know people will buy it..  the Star Wars figures a prime example, even though I love Star Wars those things are very low quality.

The Halo figures on the other hand, they may be small but they have amazing detail on them and look fantastic.  I also have a couple of the newer NECA ones from Legacy of Kain.  Other than that though, I don't really buy stuff, besides collectors editions.  The Fallout 3 bobble head and lunch box is great, the imperial septim that came with Oblivion is awesome, etc..  Little things like that are great pieces of  memorabilia, and are pretty much guaranteed to go up in value.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JackiJinx
@ThomasP said:
" I've never bought any gaming merchandise myself. I would by a Space Lobster shirt if they shipped them to Canada, though. "
My word, I have neglected my attire. 

I have procured two hood-endowed sweaters donned with, one, fungus de Nintendo, and two, crest de Hyrule. Additionally, to complete said fungus warmth, I satiated myself with a curt upper garment fleshed with a Mushroom Kingdom Hero and his noble steed, journeying off into the falling sun of Japan. 

Beautiful, yet exquisite.
_Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By _Phara0h_

I once bought a special edition of a game by accident...

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#20  Edited By LordAndrew

I have a Persona 4 shirt, the one that came in the Social Link Expansion pack. Also a de Blob hat that I swiped from EB Games.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Coltonio7

Merch is Cool for cool people.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By breadfan

I do not own any piece of gaming related merchandise and I don't think I ever will

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MeierTheRed
@Coltonio7 said:
" Merch is Cool for cool people. "
I am extremely uncool, not afraid to admit that.
chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By chililili

I only own several gaming related cloth pieces, but hey are rare and I buy video game movies, but generally I don't buy frivolous and gaming merchandise is in my opinion very frivolous

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By damnboyadvance

I've never purchased gaming merchandise to go with a game, and I probably won't, at least for a while.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Metroid545
@CL60 said:
" Why does everybody have the same avatar. Am I missing something here? "
its covering a different image and yeah what the fuck is happening here!
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it looks cool and from a game you like, then sure 
I have a Mario plush toy, I have some tauren figurines from WoW , a nintendo CD case, maybe a bunch of other shit im forgetting