KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Nation,

Can I be honest for a second.  At times I get urges to be a dick for the sake of comedy.  After watching some old videos, I am again feeling the urge to just randomly piss off people who take gaming way to seriously.  I used to be a member of TKO in the old days of SOCOM (my TKO user name will be kept secret), and it was hilarious.  Often we got players who understood we joked around and stopped...you see, we went after cry babies and kids who weren't old enough to play the game.

Yes we were fair.  We went after people who took it way to seriously...and rightfully so.  Games are just games!  So Nation, what are your views on this?

I currently own a PS3 and Killzone 2...anyone up for making a team of Griefers?  Any stories about griefing?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

But you might get banned good sir.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

surfice to say I wish you would get banned from all games, If i could id beat the ever living shit out of you, Team killing for the reasons you describe aren't to teach others lessons or any thing, stop trying to act or make out you took any sort of moral high ground, you did it cause you get off on fucking with people and thats quite sad and are the signs of a deranged sociopatchic mind. *specially so when you actually try to justify your actions*

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
WilliamRLBaker said:
"surfice to say I wish you would get banned from all games, If i could id beat the ever living shit out of you, Team killing for the reasons you describe aren't to teach others lessons or any thing, stop trying to act or make out you took any sort of moral high ground, you did it cause you get off on fucking with people and thats quite sad and are the signs of a deranged sociopatchic mind. *specially so when you actually try to justify your actions*"
take a chill pill bud.....
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KaosAngel
WilliamRLBaker said:
"stuff*"
That's so funny.  I'm ranked pretty high in KZ2 (ask any of the users in the GB Clan), and I haven't team killed in years.  People like you are hilarious!  To worried over rank in a faux reality!  Despite the fact that your rank isn't affected by people who team kill.  The best is with tweens/teens who can't stop saying the word "fag".  It's an evil word...and people need to learn not to make it the first thing they say...and the only thing they say.

Again, MOST adult/mature gamers just laugh it off after the first time and we leave them alone.  These team killers ONLY target the gamers who clearly aren't old enough to play the game or people who have a potty mouth.  I have a pretty decent social life YET I can keep a decent record for online games.  I for one understand that games are just games...and I know there's a world outside Vana'diel!  If people find it so offensive why is it these users get the masses to support their videos?  Most people find it hilarious because they KNOW it's a joke...and almost all stop after the first time.

Then again, INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS, as stated by this famous StarCraft player!

No Caption Provided

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VWGTI

I love seeing griefing and team killing. Out of the few online deathmatch games I've played anytime I see some teams start arguing and killing one another I can't help but laugh my ass off.

Emiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Emiel

I TK a lot in COD4, but only people with mics. I love their reactions.

Hdfisise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Hdfisise

I dunno, stuff like what team roomba did is actually funny for example I remember them forcing players to answer a riddle to leave spawn which is actually cool. However just tking for the hell of it I don;t agree with even if the player does make a fuss about it. Mainly because it is mostly a dick move and yeah sure it is just a game but they get their enjoyment from playing how it is meant to be played and you are just getting enjoyment from ruining their fun....

I would love to recieve some team roomba style griefing though as I'm pretty sure it would be awesome. 

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Griefing can be fucking great at times, but team killing is just fucking lame.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Illmatic

Sometimes I just want to chill out and play a multiplayer game and at those times I just quit a game if team killing is going on. But there are times when standing in front of a door, hlding grenades at spawn points and shooting RPG's at the ground can lead to good fun with the right group of people. situations I will not team kill in are when versing an opposing team who is taking the game too seriously and going for some sort of points/goal/level/achievement. I always team kill when a racist dick is on my team though.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By penguindust

I'm opposed to it in MMOs because it takes longer to overcome.  But, I couldn't care less in FPSs since I'm so bad, I'd never notice if I was being repeatedly killed by a teammate or the enemy. 

Your video was pretty funny, though.  Good work.

"Vote for Ron Paul" heh-heh.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The sentry/teleporter was pretty funny. Doing stuff like that is quite original and entertaining, but just being a dick for the sake of being a dick is stupid and annoying.

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

I hate griefing. 'Nuff said.

Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Metasin

So what you are saying is you pick on little kids for fun?

Swish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Swish

Griefing should mainly be left for home... if you enjoy home you deserve to be griefed and I will make a humping train surround you while you sit in a park in a virtual world
Oh and left 4 dead, if you don't have a mic and don't listen to what we are saying I will party chat with the other team to fuck with you

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
ZombieHunter said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"surfice to say I wish you would get banned from all games, If i could id beat the ever living shit out of you, Team killing for the reasons you describe aren't to teach others lessons or any thing, stop trying to act or make out you took any sort of moral high ground, you did it cause you get off on fucking with people and thats quite sad and are the signs of a deranged sociopatchic mind. *specially so when you actually try to justify your actions*"
"
how about no? its people like him that ruin so many online games.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WilliamRLBaker said:
Lol, I'd love to grief you in a game, whats games do you play?
boatorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By boatorious

What bugs me most about griefers is when they try to justify their griefing.  “Other people are too serious” or “everyone should be allowed to have fun and this is how I have fun” or (my new favorite) “they weren’t old enough to play the game!”

Admit you are an ***hole who enjoys preying on the weak and the naive, and don’t waste our time with lame rationalizations that don’t make any sense.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Origina1Penguin

If you want to mess with somebody that's being an asshole, that is fine.  However, if you just pick on people that want to play the game normally, then that probably makes you the asshole.

EDIT: The trivia was pretty funny though.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By subject2change
WilliamRLBaker said:
"ZombieHunter said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"
how about no? its people like him that ruin so many online games."
calm your nerdrage brah. And the signs of a sociopath? lol more like the signs of a kid in their late teens early twenties bored and having fun at your expense that you give in. A deranged mind would come from being a complete loner, torturing animals, self mutilation, etc not from being a jerk online.

Origina1Penguin said:
"If you want to mess with somebody that's being an asshole, that is fine.  However, if you just pick on people that want to play the game normally, then that probably makes you the asshole.EDIT: The trivia was pretty funny though."
Simply don't talk over the mic like an idiot by either QQing, giving orders or just mindless blabber by yourself. Thankfully I don't play on XBOX Live and I haven't had really that many problems with people on PSN in Killzone 2 as thats really the only thing i play online that utilizes a mic. On PC mainly in TF2 and CS:S - voice_enable 0 does wonders.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tekmojo

Sometimes the bad guys win.

Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Metasin

In his second sentence the op says he is being a dick and then he and others get all riled up when people agree? You act like a dick to have fun, thats on you, but to expect everybody to be cool with that is just stupid.

ManlyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By ManlyBeast

That's so funny. It's funny pissing people off online.
EDIT:

HAHAHAHAAH"I will vote for Ron paul"

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#24  Edited By AgentJ

When someone is being a complete dick I have no problem with TKing their ass, and the same standard should be taken with myself, but if someone is just trying to play and an asshole griefs them for no reason, that's just low. Some people play games just for the feeling of achievement they get from them, so doing stupid shit like that can kill someones motivation and self esteem.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By eclipsesis
WilliamRLBaker said:
surfice to say I wish you would get banned from all games, If i could id beat the ever living ... [more]
Internet tough guy lol, don't hurt him that much.
Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Keyser_Soze
eclipsesis said:
WilliamRLBaker said: surfice to say I wish you would get banned from all games, If i could id beat the ... [more]
Leave Willy alone. He's actually got a legitimate point, though sometimes you just have to go along with griefing and just laugh at it. Anyway Willy is not an internet thug.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CL60

Whats the point?

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Godwind

What is Griefing?

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Godwind

What is Griefing?

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By lordofultima

I love griefing, especially in my PC shooter days. "Duck Tape" is what we would yell in Raven Shield before a round started, and whoever didn't crouch was killed. Man those were the days! THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jakob187

WilliamRLBaker's response is a prime example of why griefing and TK'ing exists.

In response to the TOPIC...all I have to say is that I played on a PvP server on WoW for close to 2 years.  Needless to say, I've built my fair share of campfires.  = D  I didn't go after lowbies, though...unless they were stupid enough to hit me first.

That's right - I'll grief a muthafucker if he wants to push his luck!

As for TK'ing...I'm really not cool with it, but whatever.  Left 4 Dead is, honestly, the worst about that shit ever since Survival mode was introduced.
Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Keyser_Soze
Godwind said:
What is Griefing?
To cry when Aeris dies in FF7.
Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Godwind
Keyser_Soze said:
Godwind said: What is Griefing? To cry when Aeris dies in FF7. [more]
Aeris is in TF2?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jakob187
Godwind said:
Keyser_Soze said: Godwind said: What is Griefing? To cry when Aeris dies in FF7. [more] Aeris is in TF2? [more]
Bitch deserved to die for making her Level 4 Limit Break so tedious to get, only to see her get slaughtered by the sword of a ball-licker like Sephiroth.  =  /