• 74 results
#1 Edited by Aetheldod (3644 posts) -

Hello duderers , I just finished my replay of Half Life 2 , episode 1 & 2. I have made a habit of replaying this game each year (I like it too much and certainly cant wait for ep 3 or HL3) , but I am a heavy replayer (is that a word?) of the videogames that I have and Im not talking about multiplayer here , but rather the single player campaigns. I also have replayed Mass Effect 2 and probably will make a run through MA 1 and 2 with the sentinel which is the only class I havent finished both games with in lieu of Mass Effect 3 coming out .

So now the question goes to you duder , which game do you replay often or are you planning to replay this year?

Edit: Spelling errors.

#2 Posted by Dr_Ventum (70 posts) -

Psychonauts, Ninja Gaiden 2, Mass Effect 1 and 2, and a bunch of other games.

#3 Posted by Muerthoz (350 posts) -

Final Fantasy IV is my yearly replay game.

#4 Posted by UlquioKani (1143 posts) -

Mass Effect 1 and 2, and now Dragon Age 1 and 2

#5 Edited by crusader8463 (14425 posts) -

Don't really have one anymore. For the longest time it used to be KOTOR and Dragon Age Origins, but I haven't touched them in awhile. Been hankering to replay some Red Alert for some reason, but who knows if I will get around to that.

#6 Posted by TheHT (11555 posts) -

Nothing. I kinda wished I had one. Was thinking of maybe Dragon Age. I tend to have enjoyable experiences the first time with games and want to leave that in my mind as the experience with that game and not play it again.

The only game I replayed immediately was Dragon Age 2 (enjoyed both times). Maybe I'll make both 1 and 2 my yearlys, but that might be kinda depressing playing them back to back.

Man, Dragon Age 1 was awesome. Don't care much for the expansion though. Except for Justice.

#7 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Deus Ex

#8 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

If I had the time I'd replay a ton of games. Got a hankering to dive back into both Shadowman and Darksiders, but with the sequel on the horizon there doesn't seem to be much point.

There's also the fact that THERE IS LITERALLY NO TIME FOR GAMES! As I'm sure others can attest to.

#9 Posted by MightyDuck (1523 posts) -

I usually always try to hit Resident Evil 1 every year. One ifmy favorite games.

#10 Posted by Captain_Insano (1548 posts) -

Monkey Island. A lot easier now that the hd re-releases came along

#11 Posted by rynbeed (143 posts) -

I seem to find myself drawn to the Mass Effect games about once a year, twice this last year alone on the PC and a handful of palythroughs on the 360. Have doneI Dragon Age aboutI once aa yearway since thatI came out. Once every so often I will get a bug go through the Badulrs Gates to. Guess that I am a BioWare fan.

#12 Posted by GreyFox10S (23 posts) -

@Aetheldod said:

Hello duderers , I just finished my replay Half Life 2 , episode 1 & 2

this

#13 Posted by Akeldama (4253 posts) -

I try and play Silent Hill 2 once a year.

#14 Posted by TopSteer (673 posts) -

I think I have replayed Shining Force 2 just about every year since it came out. I never really intended for it to be a yearly thing, but inevitably at some point every year I'll feel like playing it again.

#15 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

Super Mario World every 4-5 years.

Thats the closest thing I have to a habit I have.

#16 Posted by huntad (1956 posts) -

@Muerthoz said:

Final Fantasy IV is my yearly replay game.

That game kicks ass!

#17 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

Pokemon. It's not exactly a replay, but I play at least one every generation cycle. Idc what anyone else has to say about it, either. The core gameplay is still strong, and there's enough different to make the games worth playing still. They may be a ilttle overpriced, but value is subjective regardless.

#18 Posted by GunstarRed (5327 posts) -

Always Quake 2, but I can't seem to get it to work with the music these days.

#19 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

Probably a run through of a Sonic game, whatever im in the mood for. Usually its Sonic 3 or 2.

I also attempt replaying FF7 when i have time. I usually get to the end of disc 1 then stop.

#20 Posted by iBePeRFeCT (396 posts) -

Mass Effect 1 and 2 are games I go through every year. Well Mass Effect 2 has only been out for 2 years but you get the idea. I also play Diablo 2 every year. It seems like every year around summer time I have the urge to play it hardcore for about a month.

If Blizzard would release Diablo 3 already maybe I can finally move on.

#21 Posted by GTCknight (704 posts) -

As someone who enjoys Bungie's games I would have to say Halo and Halo 2 during the fall every year. Other than that whatever I feel like it, Played through Advent Rising again I think two months ago.

#22 Posted by cornwalliz (214 posts) -

All of the Advance Wars

#23 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

I dont get a lot of enjoyment out of replaying games anymore. Last one I remember going through entirely for a second time was Batman: Arkham Asylum, cause I couldnt wait for B:AC to come out. I still have not replayed DA2 or The Witcher 2 to see all the stuff I didnt do. 
Im currently on my second playthrough of Skyrim, but I dont think that counts cause I never stopped playing it, and to answer the original question: I dont have a go to game that I replay every year either.

#24 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@GreyFox10S said:

@Aetheldod said:

this

Yup. I'm probably going to add Bastion to that list this year.

#25 Posted by JoeyRavn (4998 posts) -

I'm probably the black sheep here, but I rarely replay a game, and ever less in an yearly fashion.

#26 Posted by AlisterCat (5644 posts) -

I replay Phoenix Wright, but I don't ever stop really. I play 1 - 3 and once I finish 3 I'll play Apollo Justice and maybe Miles Edgeworth (but I don't really like it) then start back at 1. All year round.

#27 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

I do at least one Ocarina of Time run every summer.

#28 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

I find myself doing a run through Ocarina of Time every year, not by intent though it just happens.

#29 Posted by JCTango (1365 posts) -

Mirror's Edge is a game I probably play again every year.

#30 Edited by zudthespud (3283 posts) -

I usually play the original portal every couple of months. It's one sitting most of the time just awesome to chill out with.

#31 Posted by gosukiller (2324 posts) -

Half life 2 and Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne are my yearly replayed games.

Sometimes I throw Freespace 1 and 2 back in as well.

My ambition for this year is to replay Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2, before three comes out.

#32 Posted by Aetheldod (3644 posts) -

Wow ... I didn´t thought that so many people played Half Life 2 as much as I did.

#33 Edited by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

Mass Effect 1 and 2 seem to make the rotation pretty regularly.

Lost Planet 2 pulls me back every 6 months or so.

I also seem to end up playing Crackdown (the first one) every year, get in a mood for a game with 'flow' and then I just start a fresh file and go hunting for Agility Orbs.

Edit: Shit forgot some other really important favorites: Defense Grid, Portal (Portal 2 will probably appear next year) and I'm confident in saying The Binding of Isaac will keep me coming back. I can also see Bastion on the list.

#34 Posted by L1GHTN1N (484 posts) -

I pop in Doom about once a year, usually finish the first episode and half of the second one before I quit.

#35 Posted by HisDudeness (254 posts) -

@GreyFox10S said:

@Aetheldod said:

this

This, Portal, Bioshock, Warcraft 3, Obvlivion and the CoD 4 multiplayer. Probably Portal 2 and Skyrim will be on this list soon.

#36 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

I don't think it counts, since it's a game that's meant to be replayed over and over again, but for me it's Civilization V. In years past it was Civ IV and Civ III, and Alpha Centauri before that.

I guess every year I get into that world-conquering mood, and that game does it for me.

#37 Posted by Mousse_gallon (205 posts) -

I use to replay pokemon leaf green (or ruby), odin sphere, and/or mario 3 but not this year just not feeling it maybe next year.

#38 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -
#39 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle.

Some modern games would be Deus Ex, Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2/3, God of War, Batman.

#40 Posted by NTM (7492 posts) -

Yeah, there's quite a few for me as well, but a huge one would be the Dead Space games, I played the first Dead Space from its release all the way to DS2's release if not every day, almost every week, and then some. I think Dead Space 2 now takes that spot. I've beaten it about ten times now, and I'll probably play it until the thirds release. The day the Dead Space franchise ends will be a sad day indeed for me, that is unless I'm not interested in games anymore, which I think/hope won't happen.

#41 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City

#42 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Eh, Final Fantasy 4 or 6 or Mass Effect would be the closest. They're the only games I ever really played multiple times, besides NES games.

#43 Posted by Christoffer (1875 posts) -

It used to be Psychonauts but now I have nothing. This reminds me I have to pick up a yearly game soon. Probably something from the SNES era (witch I love dearly).

Tips?

#44 Posted by RockAction (377 posts) -

half life 2 / episodes as well for me, playing through it again for the 7th or 8th time, first time not on 360 and first time in HD

played through resident evil 4 three or four times, played through mass effect 1 a couple times, not finished mass effect 2 yet,

I'm sure there are others i can't remember

want to play through la noire again soon

played arkham asylum three times, and probably again after finishing the really disappointing arkham city

#45 Posted by VoshiNova (1699 posts) -

Mass Effect 1 & 2, but I pop Sonic Spinball into the Genesis every now and then.

#46 Posted by TobbRobb (4761 posts) -

I don't religiously play a game every year, but there are a few I've played more than I should. Final Fantasy X comes to mind "since I"m replaying it right now".

I've played Prince of Persia: Sands of time, so much that I could speedrun it in my sleep. I reinstall oblivion a few times every year, but never get into it.

Zelda: Ocarina of time, I tend to pick this up every other year. Though I got a Wii for christmas, so I'm probably just gonna play TP and skyward sword for the first time instead.

#47 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

i played red dead redemption 4 times in less than a year, so yea that counts

#48 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

I don't plan video games. I just play games when I feel like it. I probably play though Streets of Rage 2 and a Sonic game at least once a year but its not part of a ritual.

#49 Posted by Nekromantix87 (41 posts) -

For a while I was playing Final Fantasy Tactics every summer, trying out different straight class challenges, but I haven't done that in a good seven to eight years. The only other game that comes to mind is Mass Effect 1, though that's nowhere near every year.

I did start replaying Mass Effect 2 for the first time last week, and if I can get my hands on another copy of Mass Effect 1, or find out what I did with mine, I'll run through that again and try to create a Shepard that makes more diverse choices. I tend to make the same critical decisions over and over.

#50 Posted by RetroVirus (1481 posts) -

At this point, Mass Effect 1 and 2, and Metroid: Zero Mission for GBA.