• 77 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by thatlad (71 posts) -

I've been inspired by the copying in games these days (also known as lack of innovation/inspiration/imagination), let's play a game, you're a developer. What does you game need?

I'll start:

We need a favela level preferably in a south american country (MW2, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3)

what next???

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14764 posts) -

Clean Faces and big bootys

#3 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Muffin rape

#4 Posted by Sackmanjones (4687 posts) -
@rebgav

@Demoskinos said:

Clean Faces and big bootys

This thread is over. We've done all that we can here.

Uhh you're forgetting large breasts and chiseled abs
#5 Posted by thatlad (71 posts) -

Snowmobile/jet ski level (with breasts)

#6 Edited by Miniexadoor (33 posts) -

One of the silent protagonists need to die in a shocking twist and the player must resume as another faceless silent protagonist,

except characters acknowledge that you are without a face

#7 Posted by A_Talking_Donkey (262 posts) -

Multiplayer death match with a slapped on leveling system.

#8 Posted by Demoskinos (14764 posts) -
@rebgav

@Sackmanjones said:

@rebgav

@Demoskinos said:

Clean Faces and big bootys

This thread is over. We've done all that we can here.

Uhh you're forgetting large breasts and chiseled abs

No, we were fine as-was. Now you've ruined everything.

Videogames are over.

*flips over a table* Dammit!
#9 Posted by Landon (4138 posts) -

@Miniexadoor said:

One of the silent protagonists need to die in a shocking twist and the player must resume as another faceless silent protagonist

God, so edgy. Wish this was a real game now.

#10 Posted by thatlad (71 posts) -

Hidden rooms (full of breasts) loaded on the disc but only unlockable through a 2kb DLC

#11 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@thatlad said:

I've been inspired by the copying in games these days (also known as lack of innovation/inspiration/imagination)

We need a favela level preferably in a south american country (MW2, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3)

:|

#12 Posted by Empirepaintball (1393 posts) -

Essentially every idea works, as long as there are breasts involved.

#13 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

SNES inspired graphics.

#14 Posted by Landon (4138 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

SNES inspired graphics.

Why not NES inspired graphics?

#15 Posted by tourgen (4465 posts) -

a minor but desirable female character who constantly validates how awesome you are and talks in your year at the slow action beats

#16 Edited by JoeyRavn (4966 posts) -
#17 Posted by Giantstalker (1628 posts) -

Barbed wire.

#18 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Landon said:

@nintendoeats said:

SNES inspired graphics.

Why not NES inspired graphics?

Because we'll save that for the time travelling level.
#19 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

Roguelike or Pseudo-Roguelike

Mass Effect galaxy map music (annoying in ME, so let's put it in damn near everything else)

#20 Posted by Aetheldod (3552 posts) -

Dudes ... dudes impending global doom saved by an unlikely youngish hero with androginous looks .... with a big boobie lady gal friend who the hero has akwards moments of hilarious comedy with!!!!! Oh yeah and a meteor is involved somehow.

#21 Posted by believer258 (11794 posts) -

RPG elements, Unreal Engine 3, and half-baked moral choices.

#22 Posted by cruxking (204 posts) -

the main character should have a dead wife/ family or some other horrible thing that happened to him... if only he could remember what happened!?! Then spend the game figuring out said back story.

#23 Posted by JoeyRavn (4966 posts) -

@cruxking said:

the main character should have a dead wife/ family or some other horrible thing that happened to him... if only he could remember what happened!?! Then spend the game figuring out said back story.

The twist is that he is actually the Chosen One. He then proceeds to become the leader of each and every single guild he enters, defeat the reality-threatening bad guy and distract himself with 3-to-6-hour self-contained DLC side-storylines.

#24 Posted by Hailinel (24404 posts) -

The proclamation of "Bonus TIme!" by a high-pitched Japanese girl. For the best effect, it needs to sound like it was recorded on audio equipment from 1994.

Online
#25 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@Landon: Because SNES are actually as good as everybody remembers, while the NES kinda doesn't. NES graphics also make it harder to communicate osome information to the player, unless you cheat which requires extreme cleverness to do without people noticing.

#26 Posted by Wrect (315 posts) -

Button-mashing mele combat that we can pitch to the press as a "combo system".

#27 Edited by PenguinDust (12492 posts) -

A hero with amnesia who has been chosen by fate to save the world.

Also, killing...lots of killing.

Online
#28 Posted by thatlad (71 posts) -

The bad guy should have an english accent, everyone knows the English are evil

#29 Posted by RadixNegative2 (511 posts) -

It needs to have the most incredible voice acting. Like, so good you'll go "damn that's incredible voice acting."

Also, boobs.

#30 Posted by pyromagnestir (4296 posts) -

I don't think you guys are putting enough boobs in your game. We're gonna need more. And they need to be bigger and covered by as little fabric as possible. Even if what she's wearing is supposed to be protective armor.

Online
#31 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@thatlad said:

Snowmobile/jet ski level (with breasts)

QUESTION: Do the Snowmobiles and Jet Skis have the breasts, does the level have the breasts, or are breasts just featured in the level?

#32 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

DLC

#33 Posted by Christoffer (1796 posts) -

I want deep character customization. Most people need to adjust their nose sellion width and "chin to ear" -ratio to enjoy games.

#34 Posted by pyromagnestir (4296 posts) -
@pyromagnestir
I don't think you guys are putting enough boobs in your game. We're gonna need more. And they need to be bigger and covered by as little fabric as possible. Even if what she's wearing is supposed to be protective armor.
I'm on my phone so I can't edit and I wanna add how about we just go ahead and give all the male characters boobs too. And the cars and furniture as well.
Online
#35 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@rebgav said:

@nintendoeats said:

@Landon: Because SNES are actually as good as everybody remembers, while the NES kinda doesn't. NES graphics also make it harder to communicate osome information to the player, unless you cheat which requires extreme cleverness to do without people noticing.

16bit requires talent. 8bit graphics only require the will to hop on a douchey indie trend.

That is a fair point, but if that's where we are going then we have to go ALL the way back to Atari graphics (still technically 8-bit).

#36 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@rebgav said:

@pyromagnestir said:

@pyromagnestir
I don't think you guys are putting enough boobs in your game. We're gonna need more. And they need to be bigger and covered by as little fabric as possible. Even if what she's wearing is supposed to be protective armor.
I'm on my phone so I can't edit and I wanna add how about we just go ahead and give all the male characters boobs too. And the cars and furniture as well.

I'm sorry, this is why game development is stagnant, you're being myopic sheeple. You need to think outside the box; put boobs on all the boobs. And then put boobs on the boobs which are on the boobs. You see where I'm going with this? Recursive boobs. Imagine a boob, bouncing against a human face, forever.

And the audience isn't going to get bored with the same thing we've been doing for years? It's time to shake things up; it's time to get creative; it's time for...DICK PHYSICS!

#37 Posted by pyromagnestir (4296 posts) -

@rebgav said:

@pyromagnestir said:

@pyromagnestir
I don't think you guys are putting enough boobs in your game. We're gonna need more. And they need to be bigger and covered by as little fabric as possible. Even if what she's wearing is supposed to be protective armor.
I'm on my phone so I can't edit and I wanna add how about we just go ahead and give all the male characters boobs too. And the cars and furniture as well.

I'm sorry, this is why game development is stagnant, you're being myopic sheeple. You need to think outside the box; put boobs on all the boobs. And then put boobs on the boobs which are on the boobs. You see where I'm going with this? Recursive boobs. Imagine a boob, bouncing against a human face, forever.

I know true visionaries when I see them, and you, sir, are one.

Online
#38 Posted by Giantstalker (1628 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

And the audience isn't going to get bored with the same thing we've been doing for years? It's time to shake things up; it's time to get creative; it's time for...DICK PHYSICS!

Made possible by Nvidia's revolutionary new Graphicks® infrastructure.

@rebgav: Who said they needed to be small?

#39 Posted by thatlad (71 posts) -

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@thatlad said:

Snowmobile/jet ski level (with breasts)

QUESTION: Do the Snowmobiles and Jet Skis have the breasts, does the level have the breasts, or are breasts just featured in the level?

Dammit what are we making, a kickstarter? If you're not taking this seriously then how will we make a multi gazillion franchise? You need to be thinking with more breasts! Ooh and a robot, a pet robot yes I like it.

#40 Posted by iGooner7 (136 posts) -

Frostbite 2 Engine

#41 Posted by kadash299 (279 posts) -

Mii Support

#42 Posted by kadash299 (279 posts) -

3 snake pictues in a row^^^^

#43 Posted by jonano (364 posts) -

Collusion!

#44 Edited by egg (1455 posts) -

it needs fully remappable controls

and 60 fps

and maybe offline multiplayer because online will be terminated eventually, the game should be designed with this inevitability in mind

#45 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

If I knew that then I wouldn't be here spending my time with you people. I would be making a game! 
 
Well ok, I would still be here and handing out early alpha copies to everyone to get good feedback on what needs change and stuff like that. 

#46 Posted by Wrect (315 posts) -

Lots of adorable and endearing game-breaking bugs. Then the press will giggle about its jankyness, and recommend it ironically.

#47 Posted by EXTomar (4680 posts) -

The best games have a kernel that is a core "fun idea" so start with that. Get a fun mechanic that works well.

#48 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:

An escort mission

Get out!
#49 Posted by TyCobb (1966 posts) -

This is bullshit. No one mentioned that it needed to be 3rd person with a cover system. It need to be 3rd person with a cover system and then depending on the circumstance you go into a generic first person mode with your standard army weapons and loadout. Also, there needs to be a rotating circular map in the corner and all quest givers need to have ! for questions and ? for turn ins. But we'll make it different by using different colors because Yellow is dead.

#50 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

Chip tunes music that is entirely about breasts. And the box has realistic fake breasts on the cover. And a time control mechanic somehow involving breasts.