#1 Edited by Qithlorien (7 posts) -
#2 Posted by JackLumber (48 posts) -

Yeah, screw everything else. What is that Zelda game? It looks fucking incredible, and no mention of it at all. That fucking better be a WiiU zelda game they have in development and not just a tech demo. 

Also, I love the idea of being able to see no HUD on the TV whatsoever, and having all that stuff on the controller. You still get all that info, but the game can still have that really cinematic experience without the HUD. 

#3 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

The way they chose to show it off, giving people the option to change the lighting or camera angle as the cutscene rolls out, was really cool I thought. I think people will be doing that a lot more often. As opposed to short films that have nothing to do with the fiction, or active demos that can go horribly wrong.
#4 Posted by YoThatLimp (1938 posts) -

Jesus do you see the cable on that controller? Its like a 16 gauge wire, so thick.

As much as I want to poo poo on the way the controller looks, ect I think this could be pretty cool.

#5 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

pretty cool looking. i hope it is what they showed. i hope that they don't change anything to it.

#6 Posted by AlisterCat (5722 posts) -

It looks incredible. Too bad it can't render Wii games in a higher resolution like rumoured.

#7 Posted by Kjellm87 (1722 posts) -

I like what I see

#8 Posted by BrockNRolla (1694 posts) -

Who knows though? It's a cut scene with camera controls. It could be years off.

#9 Edited by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

That controller looks fucking dire to hold.

Edit: And no, RimlickerWho, I'm not saying that because I don't have any real life friends to stand up and play games with!

#10 Edited by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Its basically a giant DS. 
 It would be handy for a Western RPG like Fallout. I hate having to pause the game to check I'm still heading in the right direction. Could have a more real time VATS..?

As for the 'game'... I have zero interest in Zelda. I'm sure the fans will enjoy it.

#11 Posted by RJay_64 (625 posts) -

It feels like every new technology these days has to deal with touching a screen.

#12 Posted by ZOnikJJ (258 posts) -

I'm really loving the aspect of streaming the video to the controller, even if it doesn't necessarily add to the gameplay. 

It would be nice to just sit on a sofa at night, and play something on a handheld from time to time (or take the game to another room for a bit). It's easy transfarring!

#13 Posted by FacestabMan (75 posts) -

It's like Soul Calibur IV, with filters, at native 1080p.

So yeah, that doesn't look like a rebranded PS3 to me.

@RiotBananas said:

That controller looks fucking dire to hold.

Edit: And no, RimlickerWho, I'm not saying that because I don't have any real life friends to stand up and play games with!

People say it looks way heavier than it actually is, and that the odd thing is the position of the controls, because it's like playing a DS upside down.
#14 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -
@zonikjj
I'm really loving the aspect of streaming the video to the controller, even if it doesn't necessarily add to the gameplay. 

It would be nice to just sit on a sofa at night, and play something on a handheld from time to time (or take the game to another room for a bit). It's easy transfarring!
You won't be able to move the controller to another room though. Sorry buddy.
#15 Posted by GrandHarrier (180 posts) -

More interested in Darksiders 2 than Zelda at this point. Darksiders is pretty much better than Zelda in every way.

@MysteriousBob said:

Its basically a giant DS.  It would be handy for a Western RPG like Fallout. I hate having to pause the game to check I'm still heading in the right direction. Could have a more real time VATS..? As for the 'game'... I have zero interest in Zelda. I'm sure the fans will enjoy it.

They aren't going to make things like that. Why, you ask? Because the Wii U is going to be a port machine. There won't be huge gameplay changes from the titles that are also on 360 and PS3. At BEST, the controller screen would be an inventory screen.