Posted by Brad (2904 posts) -
This could be you! 

If you haven't experienced the wonderful, weird, wild world of ACE Team's downloadable first-person melee game Zeno Clash--and you're not hell bent on waiting for it to hit Xbox Live Arcade at some point in the future--I suggest you keep an eye on Steam this weekend. The game will be available at half price, which will make it $10. Which will make it an undeniable deal. Which will make you foolish if you pass it up!

If you do pass it up, ACE Team says the price will return to $15 after the sale is over, still five bucks cheaper than it was. So you have little excuse not to try this one out. For more on what makes Zeno Clash crazy and great, you could read my review.

And since the melee combat was one of the game's strong points, it's pretty swell of the ACE Team guys to prep a free DLC pack called The Pit (not to be confused with The Pitt) that will provide some new challenge levels, where you can fight a bunch of animal dudes and fall through the floor. Here's the pitch, and a trailer showing off the shenanigans to come.

Players can again compete for leaderboard scores and achievements in these three new scenarios where gravity is the enemy and taking a wrong step can be fatal. Destructible floors and traps await the skilled who want to reach the bottom of the pit alive.

Seriously, if you haven't played this one yet, $10 is a steal. It's certainly worth, you know, double that. 

Staff
#1 Posted by Brad (2904 posts) -
This could be you! 

If you haven't experienced the wonderful, weird, wild world of ACE Team's downloadable first-person melee game Zeno Clash--and you're not hell bent on waiting for it to hit Xbox Live Arcade at some point in the future--I suggest you keep an eye on Steam this weekend. The game will be available at half price, which will make it $10. Which will make it an undeniable deal. Which will make you foolish if you pass it up!

If you do pass it up, ACE Team says the price will return to $15 after the sale is over, still five bucks cheaper than it was. So you have little excuse not to try this one out. For more on what makes Zeno Clash crazy and great, you could read my review.

And since the melee combat was one of the game's strong points, it's pretty swell of the ACE Team guys to prep a free DLC pack called The Pit (not to be confused with The Pitt) that will provide some new challenge levels, where you can fight a bunch of animal dudes and fall through the floor. Here's the pitch, and a trailer showing off the shenanigans to come.

Players can again compete for leaderboard scores and achievements in these three new scenarios where gravity is the enemy and taking a wrong step can be fatal. Destructible floors and traps await the skilled who want to reach the bottom of the pit alive.

Seriously, if you haven't played this one yet, $10 is a steal. It's certainly worth, you know, double that. 

Staff
#2 Posted by Heartagram (1181 posts) -

Hmmmmmm yeah probably won't buy it i never play my PC

#3 Posted by Lepuke (327 posts) -

This one I admit slipped under my radar.
Looks pretty interesting. Maybe I'll pick it up.

#4 Posted by Peach (63 posts) -

I've played the demo. Cool ideas, not enough variety, and most of the story is told in cutscenes, making the gameplay combat-only, and thus, mundane. This multiplayer might be worth a look though.

#5 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

What multiplayer... And how do you judge the variety from a demo, unless it's a sizable one...

#6 Posted by superpapergun (98 posts) -

I've been awkwardly waiting to get interested in this game. Before it came out I was stoked but post release, 20$ was a  bit more than I was willing to spend for such a weird game. But I'm going to be looking forward to this weekend to finally try this game out.

Thanks for letting us all know Brad.

#7 Posted by artofwar420 (6276 posts) -

I really liked the fighting in the the demo, not so much the voicework, but eh, I liked the gameplay and the art style, so I'll support these guys.

Damn you Steam and your Weekend Deals!! *Shakes fist*
#8 Posted by SaucySala (344 posts) -

This game is awesome. Great art style and off the wall weird story. Amazing combat.

#9 Posted by CrazyCrazyDoctor (41 posts) -

I've been wanting this since I first saw the smattering of reviews on it and experienced the demo for myself. These steam weekend deals are awesome. Especially with Empire being half off like it was, I mean, I was going to buy this one at some point anyway.

#10 Posted by Hamst3r (4479 posts) -

Already bought and played! Great game! A few of the battles were way too fucking hard though - I replayed certain sections no less than 30 times.

#11 Posted by Farmer (328 posts) -

Yeah, I think I will give this a whirl.

#12 Edited by Rodiard (437 posts) -

If you have a halfway decent PC and $10 you should definitely check this out.

#13 Posted by strangeling (1260 posts) -

Sweet!

Yeah, for $10 I can't pass this up now.
#14 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

maybe if steam didnt charge me $15 for ever $10 i spend on steam i might. But i got burnt b4 so unless its something major that i cant get anywhere else or like a $1-$1 game i dont buy from steam anymore.

#15 Posted by smokeH (281 posts) -

Ahhh, if only I had a PC for gaming

#16 Posted by HeaveyMental (46 posts) -

pre-ordered this for 10$
SOOOO worth it ... 20$ was some big chunk of money for such game, but 10$ is the magic number

#17 Posted by TheIneffableBob (243 posts) -

Zeno Clash is an amazing game. The art style and the gameplay are both very unique. It's one of my favorite games so far this year.

I don't really understand why people say the game is hard, though. I found it middle-of-the-road in terms of difficulty.

#18 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -

I really should buy this....

#19 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

It's a definite maybe.

#20 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I've heard some pretty good things about this game, but I'm not sure that it will run on my current system...thankfully there's a demo so I can actually see if it runs before dropping $10 on it.

#21 Posted by supalink (165 posts) -

sold. ill get a copy this weekend

#22 Posted by phlegms (1607 posts) -

The  weird style of this game frightens me in a way I never thought possible..

#23 Posted by SunKing (686 posts) -

It's one the most beautiful and imaginative first-person games I've played. People who haven't already should definately buy this.

#24 Posted by BR4DL3I9H (259 posts) -

Why was he fighting C3-PO in a lava room?! Worth picking up, especially at that price.

#25 Posted by FlipperDesert (2082 posts) -

I played the demo, it's a good game. Hard and confusing, but good.

#26 Posted by MattyFTM (14364 posts) -

I bought this when it was 50% off during the first 24 hours of it's pre-purchase. I still haven't played it properly. I tried it briefly, loved the universe and atmosphere (it reminded me of the oddworld universe, and I'm a HUGE fan of the oddworld games) but I wasn't convinced about the gameplay. I need to go back to it. It's something I've been meaning to do for a while, but never got around to it.

Also, if you need another reason to buy it, the developers refreshing view towards piracy and DRM is a great reason to support the developers.

#27 Posted by crusnchill (856 posts) -

Fighting games of most sort's aren't my thing unfortunately. But I hope alot of people get this game, if only to show support for the developers view points of DRM technology.

#28 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

free dlc yeah!!!

#29 Posted by SamuSlave (252 posts) -

Seeing as I'm running a Linux box I haven't  been able to play this game and it look pretty interesting on CO-OP so hopefully it will come to XBLA.

#30 Posted by Jimbo (9796 posts) -

I think I'll add this to my pile of other steam sale games that I never get around to playing.

#31 Posted by phlegms (1607 posts) -

I couldnt pass this up for 8 euros. It still freaks the hell out of me though..