• 86 results
#1 Edited by ElixirBronze (417 posts) -

We had more quick looks during the E3 week... What gives?

Is it because Patrick is too busy with moving out? I know I don't know anything about the way they work but Vinny did say that Patrick was more often game to go do some quick looks (more so than others presumably).

I'm only afraid that Patrick moving out will start a bad trend.

Also the "No games are coming out" argument is just stupid. Even if games aren't coming out, they receive thousands of games via mail that we very rarely get to see.

#2 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

They are adjusting to being back in the office after E3.

#3 Edited by handlas (2659 posts) -

Busy getting haircuts.

#4 Edited by alwaysbebombing (1538 posts) -

The studio was completely taken down, and has to be set back up again. That is no small feat; especially with the sheer amount of equipment and complexity of it.

EDIT: They also have more then one studio. The main set, set two, and the Quick Look room.

#5 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -

Vinny has a kid now, give them a break.

#6 Edited by TooWalrus (13136 posts) -

Man, I could never find time to watch every piece of content GB puts out. I envy your lifestyle.

#7 Edited by csl316 (8106 posts) -

Getting back after E3, short week, etc.

Just blame DOTA. Really, the amount of time that takes away per week is silly.

#8 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1538 posts) -
#9 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

Well yeah its pretty damn stupid there was almost no content this week.

But didnt most fo their gear get stolen during E3? I mean they still did TNT so i guess they coulda done something, and daily dota was still rolling.

But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say it was about the gear being stolen that mucked up their content plan for the week.

#10 Posted by mosespippy (4032 posts) -

They didn't go to work on Monday. Their equipment was on a truck in LA till tuesday. Wednesday morning they got straight to work on breaking the site with breaking news. They quick looked the Ouya during TNT.

#11 Posted by BisonHero (6169 posts) -

@ollyoxenfree said:

@jimbo said:

Oh, you two. :P

#12 Edited by mosespippy (4032 posts) -

@csl316: I don't see how DotA is taking away an unreasonable amount of work hours each week. They have it set up so Brad can do it by himself. He even did it from home on Monday when nobody was at work.

#13 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7050 posts) -

They didn't go to work on Monday. Their equipment was on a truck in LA till tuesday. Wednesday morning they got straight to work on breaking the site with breaking news. They quick looked the Ouya during TNT.

This about sums it up. Not to mention that they had all of their equipment stolen.

#14 Posted by kaos_cracker (568 posts) -

Meetings and setting everything back up and moving away and saying goodbye and blah blah blah. Week after and during E3 are usually just podcasts anyways, I don't mind them taking a break and doing important life things. Especially since some of their equipment is gone and Patrick is leaving.

#15 Edited by scalpel (314 posts) -

They're still adjusting to the new office.

#16 Edited by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

Site's probably going to be dead for a while with the stolen equipment, lack of new games, patrick moving, ryan having a wedding, and then PAX Australia. And those aren't excuses just simply the reality of how giantbomb operates.

#17 Posted by Player1 (3852 posts) -

They were busy breaking the biggest story in gaming this week.

#18 Posted by Abendlaender (2761 posts) -

Are there any new games out this week?

#19 Posted by csl316 (8106 posts) -

@mosespippy: 5 DOTA's is equivalent to 10-15 Bombasticas (which are usually recorded by one person). I guess I'd prefer some variety. Granted, DOTA must be getting a ton of views if they keep it going.

#20 Edited by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

@player1 said:

No they weren't. Didn't you watch the video they posted, Patrick explains how he got it Ryan, Jeff, Brad, Vinny, Drew and Rorie had nothing to do with it. So they coulda been doing something.

#21 Edited by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

What game would they show off? Literally nothing has come out since E3.

#22 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

They're still getting used to the new office.

#23 Edited by SlashDance (1804 posts) -

@ollyoxenfree said:

@scalpel said:

They're still adjusting to the new office.

This will never cease to be a funny joke. x)

#24 Posted by mosespippy (4032 posts) -

@player1 said:

No they weren't. Didn't you watch the video they posted, Patrick explains how he got it Ryan, Jeff, Brad, Vinny, Drew and Rorie had nothing to do with it. So they coulda been doing something.

Just because Patrick got the original tip off doesn't mean Jeff and the rest weren't making calls trying to get extra sources or doing fact checking. Plus it's not like this stuff gets posted without being edited. They usually all read content before it gets posted.

#25 Posted by Milkman (16526 posts) -

@ollyoxenfree said:

This will never cease to be a funny joke. x)

It's getting there.

#26 Posted by MocBucket62 (1151 posts) -

Everyone is trying to calm down after E3. Besides, we'll have plenty of quick looks next week which should include Game & Wario, Tekken Revolution, Company of Heroes 2, Super Luigi U, Deadpool and more.

#27 Posted by pyromagnestir (4242 posts) -

@player1 said:

And they probably were. There is more to their job then just playing video games on camera, much as we may wish there weren't.

And then the site broke.

#28 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2196 posts) -

Can we ever go a time without somebody complaning about how dead the week is?

#29 Posted by Player1 (3852 posts) -

@clonedzero: Was half kidding half referring to the craziness that was Thursday. The community these days is so hard on the guys. I guess that comes with providing payed subscriptions but I miss the days when we all looked at the site with a glass half full mentality.

#30 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

@clonedzero said:

@player1 said:

And they probably were. There is more to their job then just playing video games on camera, much as we may wish there weren't.

And then the site broke.

Oh don't get me wrong, I didnt mean to imply they weren't doing anything, I'm sure they were. It's just they weren't really involved in the big story of the week. I even said earlier int he thread that I have to assume Vinny and Drew were busy getting new equipment and that had to mess with any stuff they had planned.

Also, Ryan is getting married you guys!

#31 Posted by LTSmash (603 posts) -

They deserve to have this whole week off as far as I'm concerned.

#32 Edited by psylah (2162 posts) -

They had to rotate the set 45 degrees, it threw off their feng shui.

#33 Posted by Budwyzer (544 posts) -

Man, I could never find time to watch every piece of content GB puts out. I envy your lifestyle.

You somehow found the time to make nearly 12k posts. And it's mid-day on a work day and you're still on the forums.....

#34 Edited by RavenX302 (258 posts) -

Lazy bunch of fucking bastards, am I right guys?? *Hi fives* Yeah! yeah ,alright....fuck'em....

#35 Posted by FinalDasa (1494 posts) -

9+ hours of podcasts last week.

Not to mention multiple videos.

Complain about lack of QLs.

Makes sense.

#36 Posted by oldenglishC (922 posts) -

Brad's going away party isn't going to plan itself.

#37 Edited by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

They are busy filming all the episodes of the next endurance run of course.

#38 Edited by BisonHero (6169 posts) -

@csl316 said:

@mosespippy: 5 DOTA's is equivalent to 10-15 Bombasticas (which are usually recorded by one person). I guess I'd prefer some variety. Granted, DOTA must be getting a ton of views if they keep it going.

Bombasticas do require some prep, in terms of digging out the game you want to Bombastica, and refamiliarizing yourself with how it plays so you don't look like a complete doofus when you record it.

Comparatively, The Daily Dota is the video content equivalent of Brad sitting there jerking off, for the zero prep time it takes aside from "Kessler, Pascual, Crispy, try to be available in the middle of the day all the time".

In short, 5 Daily Dotas is not equivalent to 10-15 Bombasticas since they require different degrees of prep time and effort. Though if you wanted to make the argument that Daily Dota is probably slowing down Bradley May Cry, then I'd be more willing to agree.

#39 Posted by MrSpaceMan (118 posts) -

no games are out?

#40 Edited by SomberOwl (637 posts) -

I'd rather there be less quick looks than more than I can watch.

#41 Posted by joshth (500 posts) -

Lazy bunch of fucking bastards, am I right guys?? *Hi fives* Yeah! yeah ,alright....fuck'em....

Up top!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#42 Posted by csl316 (8106 posts) -

@bisonhero: Bradley May Cry was my first choice, but that takes a couple more people for more human work hours. And you're right, some prep for a Bombastica is required so they don't poop em out.

#43 Posted by planetary (341 posts) -

Stolen gear + week after E3. WTF complaints?

#44 Posted by StarvingGamer (7995 posts) -

@csl316 said:

But Brad doesn't do Bombasticas.

I'm pretty sure you still can't lend time to other people. Or rob time banks. And none of us are Justin Timberlake.

#45 Posted by BisonHero (6169 posts) -

@starvinggamer said:

@csl316 said:

But Brad doesn't do Bombasticas.

I'm pretty sure you still can't lend time to other people. Or rob time banks. And none of us are Justin Timberlake.

Or are we?

*brings sexy back*

#46 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

@ollyoxenfree said:

@jimbo said:

Oh, you two. :P

And with brad leaving they have to look for a replacement.

#47 Edited by ElixirBronze (417 posts) -

The source of my concern is essentially the loss of Patrick, it feels like he's been the one to get things moving on the site as of late... He's been in the majority of quick looks, he made the Bioforge playthrough happen which is one of my favorite piece of content on the site period. Through and through he's been delivering the most subscriber content lately with his Q&A coffee-videos, spookin' with scoops etc.

Granted, the last two things probably won't go anywhere, is it really that strange to believe that Patrick moving out will cause the content on this site to make a substantial drop?

And I'm not really taking the DOTA stuff into consideration here at all... That's because, frankly, I think that daily dota is the worst piece of content Giant bomb has ever produced (yes worse than that farmville stuff). I realize that every bit of content is not for everyone, and so if daily dota turns out to be an important thing they will continue to produce, I'll be disappointed.

#48 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@elixirbronze: I have that fear too... I can only hope that Rorie/Drew/Alexis (maybe?) show up in more shit or something.

#49 Posted by tourgen (4427 posts) -

The DOTA quick look continues.

And that's the way I like it.

#50 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1538 posts) -

Patrick (via twitter) said that he and Vinny just recorded two Quick Looks. So that's something to look forward too!