MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@WilliamRLBaker: 

Does your Zune HD’s screen flicker at all when loading apps or something in the browser?   Mine does it occasionally (looks kind of like faint scan lines), and while not horrible, it is noticeable and enough for me to take it back if it is a default on my Zune.   Thanks.  

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @WilliamRLBaker: 

Does your Zune HD’s screen flicker at all when loading apps or something in the browser?   Mine does it occasionally (looks kind of like faint scan lines), and while not horrible, it is noticeable and enough for me to take it back if it is a default on my Zune.   Thanks.  

"
mine does that too, but very rarely.
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@BestUsernameEver said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @WilliamRLBaker: 

"
mine does that too, but very rarely. "
Yeah, supposedly it has something to do with the latest software update.  I guess when the thing is loading something it can cause that flicker because it drains too much battery.  I have read that this can be fixed in a future update. 

Anyways, I'm going to take my Zune HD back.  I found it to be a great multi media player, but I had some problems with it.  MS dropped the ball on the apps.  Most of the games are junk and they don't even have facebook or youtube.  You can tell they made the thing to play music and videos, and added apps and a browser as an afterthought.  Speaking of the browser, it is complete shit, and basically useless unless you want to wait 20 seconds for every page to load.  It also has that horrible white blocking when scrolling.  

I thought the screen was pretty badass, but I found it to be mostly eyecandy.  MS obviously designed the OS to show off it's deep blacks.  That being said, the screen was too fucking small for me.  The ipods more square aspect ratio and larger screen is better for browsing and apps/games.  

I will probably get a ipod touch, but in doing so I will miss that HD radio, OLED, and durable finish.  However, I am more interested in a "pocket computer" with apps, accessories, and a usable browser.  

Oh, and why the fuck would MS make the thing keep the backlight on for a whole minute when selecting a song?  I found myself pushing the top button just to shut it off and save my battery. It should have 5, 10, 30, 60, and 120 second (or something like that) increments and not 1, 2, 3 ,4, and 5 minute ones. 
Jeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Jeffrey

hmmm how about when the Zune team Finally launches it here in Canada "you know that big frozen place right next door to the North" then I'll let you know which one I want.

Lestater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Lestater

Even if I thought the Zune was better than Jesus, I use Apple computers, and there is no Zune software for Apple.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @BestUsernameEver said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @WilliamRLBaker: 

"
mine does that too, but very rarely. "
Yeah, supposedly it has something to do with the latest software update.  I guess when the thing is loading something it can cause that flicker because it drains too much battery.  I have read that this can be fixed in a future update.   Anyways, I'm going to take my Zune HD back.  I found it to be a great multi media player, but I had some problems with it.  MS dropped the ball on the apps.  Most of the games are junk and they don't even have facebook or youtube.  You can tell they made the thing to play music and videos, and added apps and a browser as an afterthought.  Speaking of the browser, it is complete shit, and basically useless unless you want to wait 20 seconds for every page to load.  It also has that horrible white blocking when scrolling.    I thought the screen was pretty badass, but I found it to be mostly eyecandy.  MS obviously designed the OS to show off it's deep blacks.  That being said, the screen was too fucking small for me.  The ipods more square aspect ratio and larger screen is better for browsing and apps/games.    I will probably get a ipod touch, but in doing so I will miss that HD radio, OLED, and durable finish.  However, I am more interested in a "pocket computer" with apps, accessories, and a usable browser.    Oh, and why the fuck would MS make the thing keep the backlight on for a whole minute when selecting a song?  I found myself pushing the top button just to shut it off and save my battery. It should have 5, 10, 30, 60, and 120 second (or something like that) increments and not 1, 2, 3 ,4, and 5 minute ones.  "
Fuck, I agree with everything you said, and now I won't look at my HD the same.
CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By CharleyTony
@Jeffrey said:
"hmmm how about when the Zune team Finally launches it here in Canada "you know that big frozen place right next door to the North" then I'll let you know which one I want. "

The haven't even talked about it yet :( lame
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@CharleyTony said:
" @Jeffrey said:
"hmmm how about when the Zune team Finally launches it here in Canada "you know that big frozen place right next door to the North" then I'll let you know which one I want. "
The haven't even talked about it yet :( lame "
Microsoft is screwing up so hard in Canada.
Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#59  Edited By Belonpopo

The only thing that I woudl buy a Ipod Touch for is for updating Podcast directly from the Ipod and the Giantbomb app. They are terrible for listening to music on if you have more than like 3000 song it becomes a pian i=with all the scrolling. the large screen is nice though.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By ravensword

The only place I saw a ZUNE HD was Best Buy, and they didnt even have Currency cards for it. Target didnt even have any zunes. Its like really sparse and hard to find for some reason. but Itouchs are everywhere. I might go with the Touch because of the bigger screen. and the apps are far superior. Quick question, how long should I charge my ITOUCH when I get it out of the box before I use it? my friend said something liek 6 hours so the Battery dosent get jacked up.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By JoelTGM
@Raven_Sword said:
" Teh only palce I saw a ZUNE HD was Best Buy, and tehy didnt even have Currency cards for it. Target didnt even have any zunes. Its like really sparese adn hard to find for some reason. but Itouchs are everywhere. I might go with the Touch because of the bigger screen. and the apps are far superior. Quick question, how long should I charge my ITOUCH when I get it out of the box before I use it? my friend said something liek 6 hours so the Battery dosent get jacked up. "
oh does the touch have a bigger screen?  Good because that's what I bought, and it's very nice playing widescreen movies on.  As for charging, I don't know what kind of battery it uses, but you probably don't have to worry about it.  It charged to 100% while plugged into my PC for the first time while I was setting up itunes and moving over all my files.
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By ravensword
@DOUBLESHOCK:

All I know is my IPOD 80gb has a very jacked up battery. I have to have the birghtness at zero, or else itll be half depleted  after watching like less than a hour of video. tahts why I think I did something to screw it up. I did drop it a few times, but I dont know if that would screw the battery up or not.