EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

Edited By EpicSteve

No Caption Provided

You would be surprised at how many people got me confused with Lemon when he was an intern. It wasn’t uncommon for someone to ask me a question in chat or refer to my intern-ness in forums. It’s like JJWeatherMan being confused for Rich Gallup. Weird. However, I flew out to Whiskey Media’s office for an internship interview. Several members of the staff to include Ethan, Jeff, Alex, Melissa, and Daniel interviewed me. Daniel was probably the most awesome interviewer, it mainly consisted of a “Hey, how you doing. You wanna see the bar?”. 

It was bad luck to be interviewed during the Whiskeyocalypse. After the interviews, I proceeded to alphabetize comics then ran chat for the Mortal Kombat TNT. I got the job and my first day of work is three days before America’s birthday. My internship goes until August 20, to give myself time to get back home before Fall semester starts on August 22. Thankfully, I got my commander’s permission to take a temporary leave for two months after volunteering for a deployment to Afghanistan, and extending my contract for the amount of time I’m gone. It's nice that all my time and energy writing about videogames and keeping current has paid off. My internship will include moderator-related stuff, wiki editing, writing quests, office management, running chat, and getting lunch. 

I finished Portal 2 and wrote a review for it. Not to jump the gun, but I'm convinced that game will join Final Fantasy IX and Resident Evil 4 in being one of my all-time favorites. I simply loved everything about Portal. Aside from me thinking the gels didn't get used as much as they should have, I can't say anything bad about that game. There's such an attention to detail that is highlighted with every bit of dialog and environment design that's lacking in most games these days. I don't know if this is me loving Portal 2, or me getting back into achievements, but my goal is to get the full 1,000 points in that game. 

When I'm not traversing through Aperture Science, I'm busting skulls in Mortal Kombat. I must say this, fuck the story mode. I came to a halt in the match against Shang Tsung and Quan Chi. After several days of going back to that match, I finally won through cheap tactics only to be stopped by Shao Kahn. My motivation for finishing that game is dwindling. Online is another story. I'm actually fairing pretty well against the Mortal Kombat kommunity. If I don't win a match, I always feel like I put up a good fight. There's only a few instances were I just got my ass beat. i hate to always use Scorpion, but he's the only karacter I can win with. I kan also throw down with Kitana, but I can't seem to fight anyone who can teleport with her. Weird. 

In news around the world, Osama bin Laden is dead which is fantastic. But in more shocking news, Silicon Knights intends to finish the Too Human trilogy! In this Destructoid article, Denis Dyack is quoted saying that his company didn't get defeated after Too Human uno. It's weird, Too Human was a game I totally liked in concept. The Norse mythology combined with crazy sci-fi was really awesome. I'm also a major fan of dungeon crawlers. Too Human's controls were unfortunately weird, enemies leveled with you, death didn't matter, and the combat didn't have a lot too it. Perhaps Too Human suffered from "the first first game in the series syndrome". The idea of a second-go at that franchise sounds super appealing to me. 

i finally finished my site, stevenbeynon.com. It isn't intended to be some dumb fan-site. Just a portfolio for my videogame writing. If there are any specific things you want to see in video or writing form during my internship, please let me know. 

Love, 

EpicSteve

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By EpicSteve

No Caption Provided

You would be surprised at how many people got me confused with Lemon when he was an intern. It wasn’t uncommon for someone to ask me a question in chat or refer to my intern-ness in forums. It’s like JJWeatherMan being confused for Rich Gallup. Weird. However, I flew out to Whiskey Media’s office for an internship interview. Several members of the staff to include Ethan, Jeff, Alex, Melissa, and Daniel interviewed me. Daniel was probably the most awesome interviewer, it mainly consisted of a “Hey, how you doing. You wanna see the bar?”. 

It was bad luck to be interviewed during the Whiskeyocalypse. After the interviews, I proceeded to alphabetize comics then ran chat for the Mortal Kombat TNT. I got the job and my first day of work is three days before America’s birthday. My internship goes until August 20, to give myself time to get back home before Fall semester starts on August 22. Thankfully, I got my commander’s permission to take a temporary leave for two months after volunteering for a deployment to Afghanistan, and extending my contract for the amount of time I’m gone. It's nice that all my time and energy writing about videogames and keeping current has paid off. My internship will include moderator-related stuff, wiki editing, writing quests, office management, running chat, and getting lunch. 

I finished Portal 2 and wrote a review for it. Not to jump the gun, but I'm convinced that game will join Final Fantasy IX and Resident Evil 4 in being one of my all-time favorites. I simply loved everything about Portal. Aside from me thinking the gels didn't get used as much as they should have, I can't say anything bad about that game. There's such an attention to detail that is highlighted with every bit of dialog and environment design that's lacking in most games these days. I don't know if this is me loving Portal 2, or me getting back into achievements, but my goal is to get the full 1,000 points in that game. 

When I'm not traversing through Aperture Science, I'm busting skulls in Mortal Kombat. I must say this, fuck the story mode. I came to a halt in the match against Shang Tsung and Quan Chi. After several days of going back to that match, I finally won through cheap tactics only to be stopped by Shao Kahn. My motivation for finishing that game is dwindling. Online is another story. I'm actually fairing pretty well against the Mortal Kombat kommunity. If I don't win a match, I always feel like I put up a good fight. There's only a few instances were I just got my ass beat. i hate to always use Scorpion, but he's the only karacter I can win with. I kan also throw down with Kitana, but I can't seem to fight anyone who can teleport with her. Weird. 

In news around the world, Osama bin Laden is dead which is fantastic. But in more shocking news, Silicon Knights intends to finish the Too Human trilogy! In this Destructoid article, Denis Dyack is quoted saying that his company didn't get defeated after Too Human uno. It's weird, Too Human was a game I totally liked in concept. The Norse mythology combined with crazy sci-fi was really awesome. I'm also a major fan of dungeon crawlers. Too Human's controls were unfortunately weird, enemies leveled with you, death didn't matter, and the combat didn't have a lot too it. Perhaps Too Human suffered from "the first first game in the series syndrome". The idea of a second-go at that franchise sounds super appealing to me. 

i finally finished my site, stevenbeynon.com. It isn't intended to be some dumb fan-site. Just a portfolio for my videogame writing. If there are any specific things you want to see in video or writing form during my internship, please let me know. 

Love, 

EpicSteve

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mesklinite

Congrats on the internship!
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

So in short... a lot of weird within the past couple of weeks for you ;P

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By sweep

Hey, congrats on the internship duder! I was pretty surprised when I head about it because I figured you were pretty invested in your army career, but it's great to have you on board! To clarify, in order to do this internship you had to volunteer for a tour in Afghanistan?

That's some fucking commitment right there!
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

Also are you sharing an internet ship with Glen and Undeadpool? I still don't really understood what's happening with all this intern shlick; are there multiple internets (one leached per staff member!?), did some only arrive for a day, and are they still razzin Undeadpool for this fail load of win?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude

You're leading a pretty interesting life Steve. No doubt about it. Congrats dude, and thank you for serving.

Malphye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Malphye

Congrats man, I'll do my best not to give you a dumb question to ask the guys on a TNT or Happy Hour.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By Yanngc33
@EpicSteve congrats man and don't forget to have fun! I just S ranked Portal 2, the achievements are easy if you have friends playing online. Again, congrats you earned it :)
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EpicSteve
@Abyssfull said:
" Also are you sharing an internet ship with Glen and Undeadpool? I still don't really understood what's happening with all this intern shlick; are there multiple internets (one leached per staff member!?), did some only arrive for a day, and are they still razzin Undeadpool for this fail load of win? "
Glenn starts soon and I will be starting my internship about half-way through his. Maybe he can comment on his specific dates on here. I'm not too sure when Undeadpool's internship ends. However, there will be a period this summer that Whiskey Media will have at least two interns at the same time. 

@Sweep said:
" Hey, congrats on the internship duder! I was pretty surprised when I head about it because I figured you were pretty invested in your army career, but it's great to have you on board! To clarify, in order to do this internship you had to volunteer for a tour in Afghanistan?

That's some fucking commitment right there!
"
Most officers in the Army aren't too keen on letting a soldier go. It's a big deal. Sometimes shit bags try to do this kind of thing then just fucking disappear and never come back. I showed my dedication to the Army by going to various training schools, I got a Drill Sergeant job training officers in training at a local college, and to seal the deal I told him I would volunteer for our Infantry sister-unit's deployment. I won't get to do cool Scout stuff though. Getting the internship was a big deal to me, I wouldn't want the Army to hold me back. 
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By JJWeatherman

Cool, man! I wish I could be the Whiskey Media sandwich boy (among other things of course). I'd love that.

Good luck!

Edit: Stay Puft Marshmellow Man as your site header? I approve!

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hamz

Congrats :)

Zimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zimbo

I'm sure your sandwich making skills will be the pride of the army once your internship ends.

Congrats!

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By craigbo180
@EpicSteve said:
" In news around the world, Osama bin Laden is dead which is fantastic. But in more shocking news, Silicon Knights intends to finish the Too Human trilogy! "
Nicely done sir. Also congratulations on the internship!
Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Kyreo

I look forward hearing about the abuse they put you through.  Maybe they'll get you to eat so Surstromming.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JJWeatherman

I can't say why, but I felt like making this. Seemed appropriate.

No Caption Provided

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EpicSteve
@JJWeatherman: That's pretty awesome. I'll use that. 
Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Arbie

Congratulations on the internship! =]

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Vexxan

The picture made me laugh, congrats on your internship!

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Here here!

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Oni

Congrats on getting the internship! If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is it for, though? I seem to recall Jeff saying something like they will only take interns if their internship is relevant to their line of study or something like that. You're still in the army, right? I'm kinda confused!

But you earned it, so props.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EpicSteve
@Oni: Journalism is one of my three majors. The Army simply exists as a back up job and it pays for school. I love being a Cavalry Scout, but journalism comes first. 
Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Aaron_G

Congratulations on the internship. That is pretty exciting news, I hope you have a blast doing it! 

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Red12b
good luck
Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Malakhii

Wow, keeping it busy in a good way. Always great to see someone pushing themselves to follow their dreams. Best of luck to you man, even though luck usually has nothing to do with it, and it's all about hard work. 

And I'm really pumped about that Too Human news, damn that game had great potential. 
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Karl_Boss

What are you exactly doing this internship for?.....I'm kind of confused because I'm not sure if you want to be a video game journalist or not because you never mentioned journalism in your internship description....seems like your doing a lot of general non-journalistic stuff.....congrats on the internship though it'll be a cool experience working with some of the big names in the industry.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Unknown_Pleasures said:

" What are you exactly doing this internship for?.....I'm kind of confused because I'm not sure if you want to be a video game journalist or not because you never mentioned journalism in your internship description....seems like your doing a lot of general non-journalistic stuff.....congrats on the internship though it'll be a cool experience working with some of the big names in the industry. "

Has been answered.

@Oni: Journalism is one of my three majors. The Army simply exists as a back up job and it pays for school. I love being a Cavalry Scout, but journalism comes first. 

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By mattbodega

Good shit, dude! See you soon!

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By ReyGitano

Congratulations on the internship! You certainly deserve it.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By iam3green

good job on the internship. i'm actually about to finish an internship in a couple of days. i can't wait until i look for a job. i feel like i won't find one but o well on that. maybe i'll move to cali and become a bum in front of whiskey media office.

Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Daniel
@EpicSteve: Looking forward to having you here, buddy! Also, thanks for making me sound like a drunk :) Kiddin
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JJWeatherman
@daniel said:

" @EpicSteve: Looking forward to having you here, buddy! Also, thanks for making me sound like a drunk :) Kiddin "

I seem to remember several blogs and things making you look and/or sound like a drunk. Hmmmm.  =P
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#32  Edited By FLStyle
@EpicSteve: During your internship I want you to promise me one thing. That you'll never, ever, describe yourself as "full of win."

PS. You remember Kessler Kam and Lemon Lens? Been a while since I saw one of those. Would be really cool to see some office talk and production meetings again. Hint hint.
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#33  Edited By FLStyle
@daniel: You are a drunk! There's no use denying it hahaha
PieGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By PieGuy

Well done on the internship =)

Good luck for the future.

commandercup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35  Edited By commandercup

Grats on the internship! Man that chat right.

Avatar image for michaelfossbakk
michaelfossbakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By michaelfossbakk

Congrats, dude! As soon as I heard that GB was looking for summer interns, I jumped in glee (not really). I've been trying to find who I need to contact to apply for an internshsip this summer. Can a duder get some help?

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Karl_Boss
@JJWeatherman: Thanks
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Seedofpower

I hope things go smooth in Afghanistan for you. No one likes to hear that a fellow duder got IEDed.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sarkhan

Congratulations on the internship :) And beeing shown the bar off the bat, is never wrong. ^^

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dalai

Congratulations on becoming the next Steve the intern.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Congrats on the position!

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#43  Edited By ThePickle

I'd be pretty insulted if someone mistook me for Lemon.

But anyway, congrats on the internship duder. I look forward to you on TNT's, and The Epic Steve Whiskey Media Flip Camera Random Awesome Video Series of Random Awesomeness™. 
Steve_Ramirez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Steve_Ramirez
Nice! I'll catch up with ya. 
benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#45  Edited By benpack

*Intern secret handshake*

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By sameeeeam
@GlenTennis: @EpicSteve: Congrats on the internship, both of you!