• 59 results
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Edited By AndrewGaspar

A few days ago I was reading an article about Killzone 2 and it suddenly hit me: There are TONS of games coming out next year on the PlayStation 3. Just check this out.

I'll cap you, bitch
I'll cap you, bitch

Heavy Rain

Sure, it could just be a series of glorified Quick Time Events, but based on the size of the script and the budget, this is a game we should all be watching. It's an emotionally charged story with adult themes. The decisions you make drastically shape the story. For example, if you die, the story will change to take the death of that character into account. Sure, Far Cry 2 also promised this, but Heavy Rain seems that it could live up to this promise. This is just one example of a game that is super-charging 2009 for the PS3.

Let's dance!
Let's dance!

Ratchet and Clank Future 2

After delivering what some could argue as a somewhat mediocre game this year, Insomniac's turning around to deliver the next installment of the Ratchet and Clank Future franchise in 2009. Announced after the credits roll in their PSN release, Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty, Insomniac has not said anything about the game except that it's coming in 2009. With that, I do hope that they improve the weapon upgrade system and make the game much harder. Tools of Destruction was only difficult in the final planet. Also, I would love if Insomniac returned to the weapon upgrade system of Ratchet: Deadlocked. I enjoyed swapping out alpha and omega mods to max out weapons' effectiveness. Most likely coming Fall 2009.

Shocking.
Shocking.
inFamous

You know a game is awesome when IGN's Greg Miller spazes out on camera about it. Will you become a hero? Or will you indeed become infamous? That is your choice in inFamous. The player plays as Cole, a simple bike messenger blessed/cursed with insane electrical powers after being involved in a blast in one section of the metropolis of Empire City. However, it seems Cole is not the only one affected and the federal government quarantines the city by blowing up all of the bridges and dropping supplies for the poor city folk. Of course, Cole realizes that with great power comes great responsibility. The real question is: will you? You don't have long to decide: inFamous is coming Spring 2009.

Kratos in casual form
Kratos in casual form
God of War III

It's the sequel to God of War and God of War II. That's all I can rally say about this. Most likely coming Fall 2009.

Drake don't like turtles.
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

It's coming and it looks absolutely explosive. It looks like the best parts of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune are back: third-person action, Nathan Drake, the half-tuck, exotic locales, and balls to the wall action. Nathan Drake has set off to reveal the myster surrounding Marco Polo's lost fleet. Two trailers have been shown: one with Drake finding a dagger with a very distincitve South America pre-colonization look in the middle of an arctic snow field and the other with a bloodied Drake falling out of the back of an obviously run-away train. The gameplay promises to be more stealth focused and include Altair or Faith style free-climbing. Most likely coming Fall 2009.

caption
caption
Killzone 2

When this game was first unveiled with what was thought to be an over-confident CGI trailer back in 2006, people were rightfully skeptical. Since then, however, we've learned that this is definitely a game to watch out for. Killzone 2 has a huge, epic campaign and 16 player multiplayer with the ability to use bots. Also, the game simply looks beautiful with most publications arguing the game even looks a little BETTER than the CGI trailer. Also, the developers have made the enemies wicked intelligent and the game difficult, a trait that many games are lacking lately. It seems that Guerilla Games has learned from their mistakes in Killzone 1 and is set to unleash the epic we all know they're capable of. Coming Spring 2009.

An in game picture of Fat Princess
Fat Princess

Fat Princess is Capture the Flag... with a twist. Instead of a flag, you are trying to reclaim your stolen princess. Princesses are pretty light, right? WRONG. By feeding the opposing team's princess endless slices of cake, this princess becomes porkier and porkier, thus making her more difficult to move. This is a class based game with archers, soldiers, etc. There's even some resource management. This game's unique art style is another success story. This one girl, who had published her cartoons on the internet, must have caught the eye of somebody, and she is largely responsible for this game's existence. This game will be released on the PSN early in 2009

So, what are you most excited for? If I missed something, let me know!

If I could only play inFamous, Uncharted 2, and Fat Princess next year, I'd be a happy man.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AndrewGaspar

A few days ago I was reading an article about Killzone 2 and it suddenly hit me: There are TONS of games coming out next year on the PlayStation 3. Just check this out.

I'll cap you, bitch
I'll cap you, bitch

Heavy Rain

Sure, it could just be a series of glorified Quick Time Events, but based on the size of the script and the budget, this is a game we should all be watching. It's an emotionally charged story with adult themes. The decisions you make drastically shape the story. For example, if you die, the story will change to take the death of that character into account. Sure, Far Cry 2 also promised this, but Heavy Rain seems that it could live up to this promise. This is just one example of a game that is super-charging 2009 for the PS3.

Let's dance!
Let's dance!

Ratchet and Clank Future 2

After delivering what some could argue as a somewhat mediocre game this year, Insomniac's turning around to deliver the next installment of the Ratchet and Clank Future franchise in 2009. Announced after the credits roll in their PSN release, Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty, Insomniac has not said anything about the game except that it's coming in 2009. With that, I do hope that they improve the weapon upgrade system and make the game much harder. Tools of Destruction was only difficult in the final planet. Also, I would love if Insomniac returned to the weapon upgrade system of Ratchet: Deadlocked. I enjoyed swapping out alpha and omega mods to max out weapons' effectiveness. Most likely coming Fall 2009.

Shocking.
Shocking.
inFamous

You know a game is awesome when IGN's Greg Miller spazes out on camera about it. Will you become a hero? Or will you indeed become infamous? That is your choice in inFamous. The player plays as Cole, a simple bike messenger blessed/cursed with insane electrical powers after being involved in a blast in one section of the metropolis of Empire City. However, it seems Cole is not the only one affected and the federal government quarantines the city by blowing up all of the bridges and dropping supplies for the poor city folk. Of course, Cole realizes that with great power comes great responsibility. The real question is: will you? You don't have long to decide: inFamous is coming Spring 2009.

Kratos in casual form
Kratos in casual form
God of War III

It's the sequel to God of War and God of War II. That's all I can rally say about this. Most likely coming Fall 2009.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

It's coming and it looks absolutely explosive. It looks like the best parts of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune are back: third-person action, Nathan Drake, the half-tuck, exotic locales, and balls to the wall action. Nathan Drake has set off to reveal the myster surrounding Marco Polo's lost fleet. Two trailers have been shown: one with Drake finding a dagger with a very distincitve South America pre-colonization look in the middle of an arctic snow field and the other with a bloodied Drake falling out of the back of an obviously run-away train. The gameplay promises to be more stealth focused and include Altair or Faith style free-climbing. Most likely coming Fall 2009.

caption
caption
Killzone 2

When this game was first unveiled with what was thought to be an over-confident CGI trailer back in 2006, people were rightfully skeptical. Since then, however, we've learned that this is definitely a game to watch out for. Killzone 2 has a huge, epic campaign and 16 player multiplayer with the ability to use bots. Also, the game simply looks beautiful with most publications arguing the game even looks a little BETTER than the CGI trailer. Also, the developers have made the enemies wicked intelligent and the game difficult, a trait that many games are lacking lately. It seems that Guerilla Games has learned from their mistakes in Killzone 1 and is set to unleash the epic we all know they're capable of. Coming Spring 2009.

Fat Princess

Fat Princess is Capture the Flag... with a twist. Instead of a flag, you are trying to reclaim your stolen princess. Princesses are pretty light, right? WRONG. By feeding the opposing team's princess endless slices of cake, this princess becomes porkier and porkier, thus making her more difficult to move. This is a class based game with archers, soldiers, etc. There's even some resource management. This game's unique art style is another success story. This one girl, who had published her cartoons on the internet, must have caught the eye of somebody, and she is largely responsible for this game's existence. This game will be released on the PSN early in 2009

So, what are you most excited for? If I missed something, let me know!

If I could only play inFamous, Uncharted 2, and Fat Princess next year, I'd be a happy man.
Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Otacon

Indeed. I'm planning on getting all of these. Whats with the post negatives?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

2009 is the year of the PS3. I don't doubt it at all.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By AaronBelfast

Can't wait, I could live without another Rehash and Clank, but it's fine.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#5  Edited By Vinchenzo

L.

O.

L.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AaronBelfast

Also, GODIII won't make it for 09, so don't get your hopes up.

Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sushbag

I hope Gran Turismo 5 makes it out next year. I do hope that Sony forces them to deliver the goddamn gold disc next year. I believe one developer said it could take until 2010, to which I would reply: "You don't release a huge demo of a game, then take TWO YEEAAARRS to release the full version, stupid."

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Killzone 2, I really can`t for this, I`m having high hopes.
I`m one of the people that actually enjoyed the first game.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Haven't they already said that God of War III is coming 2009?

And there's no way Gran Turismo 5 will be here in 2009. =P

I'm most excited for inFamous. It looks really interesting. And I like how it seems to play like Uncharted: Drake's Fortune with the over-the shoulder "shooting" mechanics, the ability to scale almost everything, and how the art style is a mix between reality and cartoon.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By get2sammyb

I think Gran Turismo will make next year. If not then I'll be certain we're looking at January '10 or something.

Anyway, I will be buying all those games. I really, really wish Quantic Dreams would quash the myth that Heavy Rain is just an interactive movie. As far as what I've seen you can actually move the character around like any other video game protagonist and interact with objects etc. I doubt it will be a game of the traditional sense but that's kinda what's so great about it.

Why the Ratchet & Clank hate? That's a brilliant series, I love me some Tools Of Destruction. I think they need to make a few tweaks (multiplayer could be fun) but I'm more than happy to make the same game again to be honest. I love Ratchet & Clank.

It's a brilliant lineup though, phenomonal in fact. Even if God Of War III doesn't make it, it's still a killer lineup. Fingers crossing Sony get the marketing and price right next year.

"Vinchenzo said:

"L.

O.

L."
What was the point in that? Look we know you love your 360 but seriously... you've been on GiantBomb long enough to know that these kind of posts don't wash.

Care to elaborate why you think that lineup is "lol"?
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By KamasamaK
AndrewGaspar said:
"So, what are you most excited for? If I missed something, let me know!"
In addition to what you mentioned, I hope at least one of the Yakuza games make it over next year. If White Knight Chronicles turns out to be good, I might pick that up as well. Oh, and then there are some PSN games like Fat Princess and Trine that look fun.

AaronBelfast said:
"Also, GODIII won't make it for 09, so don't get your hopes up."
I agree.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By get2sammyb
Kamasama said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
In addition to what you mentioned, I hope at least one of the Yakuza games make it over next year. If White Knight Chronicles turns out to be good, I might pick that up as well. Oh, and then there are some PSN games like Fat Princess and Trine that look fun."
Yes, PSN games. Oh my, gotta love the games Sony is putting on PSN. Really taking a risk with this cheap whacky stuff that's really awesome. It's great for the developers, great for the consumers seeking something different and great for Sony.

On PSN I'm most looking forward to: fl0wer, Fat Princess and Noby Noby. Is David Jaffe working on a Twisted Metal PSN game too? I guess I'm also looking forward to some "almost-retail" PSN games too like Siren Bloodcurse, Quest For Booty and Wipeout HD.

LittleBigPlanet downloads too. I think they're going to take off next year.

And I may be the only one but; Playstation Home updates.
samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By samcotts

Don't you just love GiantBomb? Every time someone posts a positive PS3 thread, the 360 fanboys - which we have a lot it seems - feel the need give the opening post negatives.

I'm actually not really looking forward to any of those games, though Killzone 2 looks more impressive every time I see it.
cakeordeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cakeordeath
samcotts said:
"Don't you just love GiantBomb? Every time someone posts a positive PS3 thread, the 360 fanboys - which we have a lot it seems - feel the need give the opening post negatives.
I'm actually not really looking forward to any of those games, though Killzone 2 looks more impressive every time I see it.
"
lol. i dont even have a 360 and i gave it a negative. who the fuck calls something "sexy awesome"?? what, are you six? 
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By get2sammyb
samcotts said:
"Don't you just love GiantBomb? Every time someone posts a positive PS3 thread, the 360 fanboys - which we have a lot it seems - feel the need give the opening post negatives.
"
It's ridiculous... Andrew's genuine post has more negatives than Vinchenzo's spam post.
samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By samcotts
cakeordeath said:
"samcotts said:
"
lol. i dont even have a 360 and i gave it a negative. who the fuck calls something "sexy awesome"?? what, are you six? "
Ah right, that's a completely valid reason. All is forgiven.
*sigh*
Jotun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jotun

All of those games are certainly on my radar. I really hope to see something from Team Ico and maybe something non-Burnout related from Criterion. It's certainly going to be a good year for gamers of all consoles. Goodbye 2008, bring on 2009!!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By get2sammyb
Jotun said:
"All of those games are certainly on my radar. I really hope to see something from Team Ico and maybe something non-Burnout related from Criterion. It's certainly going to be a good year for gamers of all consoles. Goodbye 2008, bring on 2009!!"
I've heard Criterion are working on a new Black. Which I'm not particularly fussed about because it'd be yet another first person shooter. *sigh*

Team Ico will have something at E3, I've no doubt about that. Everyone expected God Of War III to be announced at this years E3 and it was; this year will be the turn of Team Ico.

cakeordeath said:
"samcotts said:
"
lol. i dont even have a 360 and i gave it a negative. who the fuck calls something "sexy awesome"?? what, are you six? "
Glad to see you have an excellent reason. *rolls eyes*.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kmdrkul
samcotts said:
"
I was just about to comment on this.  Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with this forum?
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By get2sammyb
kmdrkul said:
"samcotts said:
"
I was just about to comment on this.  Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with this forum?"
I can't speak for the whole forum but I can talk for this particular thread. Everyone knows the Playstation 3 is the industry's pinata. Not even an amazing lineup like that can convince the already-brainwashed. And because they know deep-down that's actually an amazing lineup they have to find a way of putting it down somehow.

Sadly, that means either Vinchenzo "loling" at it or more importantly negativing the post.

The Internet is a sad, sad business.
Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Discorsi

Out of all of those I really really want God of War 3 and Killzone 2 looks like it could be really good.  Ratchet will be well ratchet.  Infamous I am not sold on at all.  The one video I saw from it looked horrible.  Heavy Rain could be awesome but not the game I would want to play/like.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vinchenzo
get2sammyb said:
"kmdrkul said:
"samcotts said:
"
I was just about to comment on this.  Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with this forum?"
I can't speak for the whole forum but I can talk for this particular thread. Everyone knows the Playstation 3 is the industry's pinata. Not even an amazing lineup like that can convince the already-brainwashed. And because they know deep-down that's actually an amazing lineup they have to find a way of putting it down somehow.

Sadly, that means either Vinchenzo "loling" at it or more importantly negativing the post.

The Internet is a sad, sad business."
I didn't negative anybodies post, but nice try. I just find it funny that half of these games don't even have concrete dates. And why would I want to put down the PS3's line-up? I actually want to use my piece of trash $500 paperweight.
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bulldog19892

I agree, that is an amazing lineup, even though I own a 360. I don't get console wars at all. Why put down another consoles games simply because it's another console? Why are their console wars to begin with? You have a 360, fine, so how is the PS3 a threat to you?

cakeordeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cakeordeath
dcpc10 said:

Its so funny when a troll trys to support his own lies.....another -1 for you Vinchenzo"
wait.......youre randomly giving -1's to him and youre the one crying about the OP getting -1s???? LMAO!!!! Oh the irony.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Vinchenzo
dcpc10 said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"get2sammyb said:
"kmdrkul said:
"samcotts said:
"

The Internet is a sad, sad business."
I didn't negative anybodies post, but nice try. I just find it funny that half of these games don't even have concrete dates. And why would I want to put down the PS3's line-up? I actually want to use my piece of trash $500 paperweight."
Its so funny when a troll trys to support his own lies.....another -1 for you Vinchenzo"
Support what lies? I have had a PS3 since June and have only used it 15-25 hours. A majority of that was from LBP which I rented, and enjoyed. Nice to see you can't accept the fact I have a PS3 and dislike it. Also, it's "tries."
cakeordeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cakeordeath
dcpc10 said:
"cakeordeath said:
"dcpc10 said:

wait.......youre randomly giving -1's to him and youre the one crying about the OP getting -1s???? LMAO!!!! Oh the irony."
Theres a difference between giving -1's randomly and for a reason. I gave Vinchezno a -1 for trolling. People like you gave the OP a -1 for.....uhhhh.....ABSOLUTELY NO REASON AT ALL. Haha, I shouldn't even bother replying to you, your only goal is to ''put down'' another console anyways."
so saying he wants to use his ps3 more is trolling and saying "mah triplez SEXY AW3somezz" is fine. LMAO!!!!
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vinchenzo

Let me just clarify some things, in my defense.

• I like PS1, PS2, and didn't enjoy where they went with PS3, so I got a Xbox 360.
  • I considered the PS3 since they had the MGS4 bundle and thought, "Hey, I liked MGS2 and I love games, why not have another console?"
  • I was let-down by MGS4, hard to believe. Whether I didn't give it enough time, or I am just tired of the "old" feeling of the stealth mechanics, not sure.
  • The PSN is a big let-down compared to what I enjoy on XBL. Granted, I have invested a lot more time into XBL and have a stable friend's list, and have come accustomed to headset, features, and so on.
  • The last thing I ever thought I would do is hate on the PS3, but it's more that I am angry I used a lot of money on something I can't even get rid of. I can stop, sure, but I'm still venting out my wasted purchase. Sure it sucks that others have to read my bullshit, but I'm sorry. I've always been a jackass on the internet to some people.
  • I was also let-down by Wii, a system I decided to give a chance and played about 50 hours before selling to my Nephew.

I do hope the PS3 can get back on it's feet. I am looking forward to God of War III, would like to give Uncharted a chance since I like PoP, Lara Croft, and so on. Also a big fan of Ratchet and Clank for the PS2, and have played the one for PS3 yet didn't finish it for some reason. I have not done any research on Heavy Rain, and still think Killzone will ultimately fail in it's promises just as it did before. I still believe it's silly to think all these games will make the PS3 the must-own system for 2009, since as aforementioned, a majority of these will probably be pushed back "until ready."
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28  Edited By RHCPfan24

Why is the initial post at -6? Is it offensive or something?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vinchenzo
dcpc10 said:
"Vinchenzo said:
Support what lies? I have had a PS3 since June and have only used it *FOR 15-25 hours. A majority of that was from LBP which I rented, and enjoyed. Nice to see you can't accept the fact I have a PS3 and dislike it. Also, it's "tries.""
fixed* :)"
I won't like a system that has no promising games just because I could possibly play it longer. No thanks, you're the asshole here now.
Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Discorsi

lol only troll post made was the

L
O
L

one.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By Kazona

For the love of... Can you people who feel the need to turn this blog entry into a bashing thread please take it somewhere else? Either that or please take a chill pill and talk about the topic at hand like rational people.

I for one hope that I'll have a PS3 by the time those games come out because I definitely want to play them, and if they all come out in 09, then Sony has an amazing line-up that's going to be hard to beat. I am especially looking forward to Heavy Rain.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gargantuan

It does have some interesting games (Uncharted, Heavy Rain and that offroad racing game looks good, don't care about MGS4) and blu-ray is nice, but I hate the fucking controllers and it's expensive as hell. You can get a 360 AND a Wii (Or two 360s) for the same price as a PS3. The cheapest PS3 on GAME costs 4490 SEK!!! (573 USD) I'll maybe buy one if they halve the price. Even if I buy one I'll have noone to play with since I don't know anyone who owns a PS3.

Sorry if I sound a bit rude or anything. They really need to make a new controller and lower the price to make me interested in buying one.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33  Edited By Arkthemaniac

This is gonna be one intense year of competition, I think.

I won't doubt the PS3 having a great year in 09, but the Wii . . . there's so many games coming out . . .
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By KamasamaK
Vinchenzo said:
"I was let-down by MGS4, hard to believe. Whether I didn't give it enough time, or I am just tired of the "old" feeling of the stealth mechanics, not sure."
How much time did you give it? The stealth mechanics were improved (or "changed" if you prefer a less subjective approach) and the emphasis on stealth wasn't nearly as much as previous games, so much so that many people were fine with just playing it as an action game.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AndrewGaspar
Kamasama said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
In addition to what you mentioned, I hope at least one of the Yakuza games make it over next year. If White Knight Chronicles turns out to be good, I might pick that up as well. Oh, and then there are some PSN games like Fat Princess and Trine that look fun."
I forgot about Fat Princess! Oops. And why the hell is my post at negative 4?
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Arkthemaniac
AndrewGaspar said:
"Kamasama said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
I forgot about Fat Princess! Oops. And why the hell is my post at negative 4?"
You've awakened the trolls, milord.
These forums are run by green dicks. Not saying all green people are to blame, but there are green dicks that run the show through the community rating tool.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AndrewGaspar
Arkthemaniac said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
"Kamasama said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
I forgot about Fat Princess! Oops. And why the hell is my post at negative 4?"
You've awakened the trolls, milord.
These forums are run by green dicks. Not saying all green people are to blame, but there are green dicks that run the show through the community rating tool.
"
All I did was post the awesome games coming out for PS3 in 2009... and people get pissed?

*bashes head against wall*

What is happening to Giant Bomb?
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vinchenzo
AndrewGaspar said:
"All I did was post the awesome games coming out for PS3 in 2009... and people get pissed?

*bashes head against wall*

What is happening to Giant Bomb?"
Not sure, when will they get the hint we don't need a rating tool and rather a post reporting feature.
T3hbonerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By T3hbonerer
HandsomeDead said:
"2009 is the year of the PS3. I don't doubt it at all."
wasnt 2008 the year of the ps3? wont 2010 be the year also?

... snicker..
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I've added in Fat Princess. If you guys want me to add White Knight Chronicles and Yakuza 3, could you please write something for them, because I have no idea what they're about. =P

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Otacon said:
"Indeed. I'm planning on getting all of these. Whats with the post negatives?"
Just haters/fanboys. I don't own a PS3, but those are some good looking games coming out for it.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By get2sammyb
T3hbonerer said:
"HandsomeDead said:
wasnt 2008 the year of the ps3? wont 2010 be the year also?

... snicker.."
Another more obvious troll post but I'mma ignore that one. This is not a case of marketing buzz "year of..." -- this is a post about great games coming to the Playstation 3 next year. Don't like it, go elsewhere.

AndrewGaspar said:
"I've added in Fat Princess. If you guys want me to add White Knight Chronicles and Yakuza 3, could you please write something for them, because I have no idea what they're about. =P"
White Knight Chronicles is meant to be awesome. Doesn't really look like my type of game but apparently it has a hitched on online component which was the focus (and only the focus) of the Famitsu review. So that's all we have to go until people start importing it.

Vinchenzo said:
"Let me just clarify some things, in my defense.

• I like PS1, PS2, and didn't enjoy where they went with PS3, so I got a Xbox 360.
  • I considered the PS3 since they had the MGS4 bundle and thought, "Hey, I liked MGS2 and I love games, why not have another console?"
  • I was let-down by MGS4, hard to believe. Whether I didn't give it enough time, or I am just tired of the "old" feeling of the stealth mechanics, not sure.
  • The PSN is a big let-down compared to what I enjoy on XBL. Granted, I have invested a lot more time into XBL and have a stable friend's list, and have come accustomed to headset, features, and so on.
  • The last thing I ever thought I would do is hate on the PS3, but it's more that I am angry I used a lot of money on something I can't even get rid of. I can stop, sure, but I'm still venting out my wasted purchase. Sure it sucks that others have to read my bullshit, but I'm sorry. I've always been a jackass on the internet to some people.
  • I was also let-down by Wii, a system I decided to give a chance and played about 50 hours before selling to my Nephew.

I do hope the PS3 can get back on it's feet. I am looking forward to God of War III, would like to give Uncharted a chance since I like PoP, Lara Croft, and so on. Also a big fan of Ratchet and Clank for the PS2, and have played the one for PS3 yet didn't finish it for some reason. I have not done any research on Heavy Rain, and still think Killzone will ultimately fail in it's promises just as it did before. I still believe it's silly to think all these games will make the PS3 the must-own system for 2009, since as aforementioned, a majority of these will probably be pushed back "until ready.""
That's fair enough but maybe we didn't need the "LOL". Admittedly I took it in the wrong context so I apologise.

Arkthemaniac said:
"This is gonna be one intense year of competition, I think.
I won't doubt the PS3 having a great year in 09, but the Wii . . . there's so many games coming out . . .
"
Are we talking Punch-Out!!, House Of The Dead Overkill, Madworld, Sin & Punishment 2 lineup because that does look pretty solid.

You should definitely put fl0wer into your original post - media reception has been extremely positive. Even Invisible Walls liked it and they hate everything that a) doesn't comply to "traditional" gaming [i.e. shooters, etc.] and; b) PS3.

I was interested to note that Fl0wer's controls actually work. I think, and have always thought that the Sixaxis sucks but it's interesting to hear that it actually works brilliantly in this case.

As for the person moaning about the PS3 controller: fair enough you might not like the shape and feel of it but it actually packs a lot of tech for a controller: rechargeable battery from USB, rumble and tilt is actually pretty impressive. You have to get used to it but it's fine for the most part. I agree XBOX controller is better for shooters though.
Orakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43  Edited By Orakk
HandsomeDead said:
I have to agree, but I still want the 360 to succed more, but it seems the PS3 will come...

-Orakk
SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44  Edited By SpinCookie

Don't forget Flock, that game seems pretty fun for a PSN title.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Arkthemaniac
get2sammyb said:

Arkthemaniac said:
"
Are we talking Punch-Out!!, House Of The Dead Overkill, Madworld, Sin & Punishment 2 lineup because that does look pretty solid.
There's a lot more than that. Like it or not, The Conduit is coming, as is Little King's Story, Muramasa, this new TMNT fighter, possibly this Cosmic Walker game that looks really good, new episodes in the LostWinds series, Pikmin 3, Deadly Creatures, Cursed Mountain, and all these teased yet unannounced games, like Renegade Kids Wii title and that new title that's been teased in that one video that I posted, whatever the hell it was. 
I don't mean to make this a Wii based thread, because I do think the PS3 will have a great year. However, people are forgetting the volume of exclusive content the Wii is getting in 09. Even if some of these games flop, which they may (Cursed Mountain is very possible), there's so much of it that it won't even matter. If WiiWare is as good as the disk lineup for 09, it will be unquestionable to me.

However, PS3 will have a great year as well. The thing I'm worried about is the 360. There doesn't seem to be much that I've heard about.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By get2sammyb
Arkthemaniac said:
"get2sammyb said:

Arkthemaniac said:
"
There's a lot more than that. Like it or not, The Conduit is coming, as is Little King's Story, Muramasa, this new TMNT fighter, possibly this Cosmic Walker game that looks really good, new episodes in the LostWinds series, Pikmin 3, Deadly Creatures, Cursed Mountain, and all these teased yet unannounced games, like Renegade Kids Wii title and that new title that's been teased in that one video that I posted, whatever the hell it was. 
I don't mean to make this a Wii based thread, because I do think the PS3 will have a great year. However, people are forgetting the volume of exclusive content the Wii is getting in 09. Even if some of these games flop, which they may (Cursed Mountain is very possible), there's so much of it that it won't even matter. If WiiWare is as good as the disk lineup for 09, it will be unquestionable to me.

However, PS3 will have a great year as well. The thing I'm worried about is the 360. There doesn't seem to be much that I've heard about.
"
Oh yeah I agree - Nintendo won't fall foul to the mistakes they made in the second half of this year again either. They're putting out all those classic GameCube games with Wii controls too aren't they.

Although, I don't understand any of the hype for The Conduit. Yes I know it's the kind of game Wii only gamers have been screaming out for but... if it was on any of the other systems no one would give a shit... is my opinion.

LostWinds is OMGAMAZING.

But yeah anyway, PS3 games.

Does anyone actually believe there will be a price cut next year by the way?
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Arkthemaniac

There will have to be a price cut, I think.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PureRok

Hmm... I'm not interested in any game on that list. How bout some good games?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By get2sammyb
PureRok said:
"Hmm... I'm not interested in any game on that list. How bout some good games?"
Wow. You're hard to please. What are you looking forward to?
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By PureRok
get2sammyb said:
"PureRok said:
"Hmm... I'm not interested in any game on that list. How bout some good games?"
Wow. You're hard to please. What are you looking forward to?"
Everything on my Wishlist.